PDA

View Full Version : Chicane announces HPR 6/26/11

Pages : [1] 2

rybo
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM
That's right! It's January, so it's time to start thinking about your summer plans!

Come ride with us at High Plains Raceway, Colorado's newest roadracing facility on Sunday June 26th.

We will be putting on the high class Chicane Show with rider groups separated by ability and the now famous Chicane Introductory Courses.

Boulder Motorsports will be on hand for their expert Ducati service and advice. They will also be providing lunch for all participants on the day of the event.

Never Ever Returns in 2011 as well with limited spaces at a 50% discount!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

I'm sorry that the webpage isn't better updated, that is coming soon. In the meantime please use the registration page to sign up for this great event!

Please feel free to PM or Email me if you have any questions

scott (at) chicanetrackdays.com

Sean
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM
If I have a bike suited for the track, I'm there. :up:

chad23
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
If I have a bike suited for the track, I'm there. :up:
take the klr, you'll do fine!:dunno:

Sean
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM
take the klr, you'll do fine!:dunno:It's not like I can be any slower in the corners anyway, right? :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
:w00t:

asp_125
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM
:w00t: :up: Thurr!

{Edit- Rybo, can you confirm the pricing? The e-cart is not giving me the correct total as the rest of the website.}

{edit2 - IN! +1 :D }

rybo
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Fixed!

Thanks for your order jeff!

tecknojoe
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Are these the "I hope I get a CR behind me in this next session" kind of track days... or are they the "you three come with me and I'll follow all of you and critique you on every session" kind of day?

I'll be doin a handfull of days this year. Just dont know all the orgs out here in CO.

asp_125
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
It's not like I can be any slower in the corners anyway, right? :lol:

+ you can take shortcuts across the grass. ;)

OUTLAWD
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Sorry I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Are these the "I hope I get a CR behind me in this next session" kind of track days... or are they the "you three come with me and I'll follow all of you and critique you on every session" kind of day?

I'll be doin a handfull of days this year. Just dont know all the orgs out here in CO.

In the beginner sessions it is a handful of riders per instructor, I think my "Never Ever" instructor had 3-4 students. For the morning sessions you will do different drills (line, body position, no brake drill, etc), where you either follow the instructor, or the instructor follows you then gives you feedback. In the afternon session there is less structure, but I'm sure you can still ask an instructor to head out for a few laps if you have a question or a problem area.

Scott runs a top notch show, and one of the main reasons I decided to get into racing. Maybe I can convince my old man to come visit CO, and get him on the track with Chicane.

tecknojoe
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Nice, sounds like a normal open track day with CRs scattered around. I look forward to getting out there this season

rforsythe
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Nice, sounds like a normal open track day with CRs scattered around. I look forward to getting out there this season

Control Riders, coaches and free instruction, corner workers/flaggers, medics, free lunch, structured sessions, tire support.... You know, the usual. :lol:

DFab
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I did a never ever in August last year. A bunch of riders showed up for the free instruction and they had to grab a few extra people to be coaches. They guy I got had no business being a coach.

For the morning sessions you will do different drills (line, body position, no brake drill, etc), where you either follow the instructor, or the instructor follows you then gives you feedback.

There were 4 of us in the group, and we did track line only. I would describe it as, "I'll go slow and you guys try to follow me". No feedback, no following, no body position advice. From talking to people, what I needed to do was find an instructor that knew what they were doing, and ask them for some of their time.

I'll be back this year.

aerofaze
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wheeeeeeee!! For a Never Ever, would I have to prep my bike before showing up, or do they show the first-timers what needs to be done? Thanks!

OUTLAWD
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I did a never ever in August last year. A bunch of riders showed up for the free instruction and they had to grab a few extra people to be coaches. They guy I got had no business being a coach.

Wow, I am surprised to hear you had a bad experience...granted some people are better teaches than others, but there were plenty of people you could have bugged for pointers.

Wheeeeeeee!! For a Never Ever, would I have to prep my bike before showing up, or do they show the first-timers what needs to be done? Thanks!

It would probably be best to prep beforehand, so that way when the big day comes, you can focus on riding, and not taping up lights. Really you just have to replace the antifreeze with water, tape the lights, and make sure your tires and brakes are good and the bike isn't falling apart.

rybo
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM

There were 4 of us in the group, and we did track line only. I would describe it as, "I'll go slow and you guys try to follow me". No feedback, no following, no body position advice. From talking to people, what I needed to do was find an instructor that knew what they were doing, and ask them for some of their time.

I'll be back this year.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had any kind of bad experience at my day. I would like to know who your coach was so that I can either 1) get them the training they need to be a better coach or 2) not hire them to coach again.

Please send me a PM or an email, I'd love to hear more about your experience and how I can make the day better for people.

Thanks

Scott
scott (at) chicanetrackdays.com

asp_125
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Best to do so beforehand, that way you are not under time constraints and pressured to get it all done and possibly miss something. If you need a hand there are plenty of us who've done it before and can help.

aerofaze
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 07:22 AM
It would probably be best to prep beforehand, so that way when the big day comes, you can focus on riding, and not taping up lights. Really you just have to replace the antifreeze with water, tape the lights, and make sure your tires and brakes are good and the bike isn't falling apart.

Best to do so beforehand, that way you are not under time constraints and pressured to get it all done and possibly miss something. If you need a hand there are plenty of us who've done it before and can help.

Dave and Jeff, you guys rock. :yay: Will think it over the next couple days, and may sign up this weekend...

Bashed
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
In as usual. I'm working instate this year, so I might even get to do a few races.:yay:
I definatly need some track time.

hcr25
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM
In as usual. I'm working instate this year, so I might even get to do a few races.:yay:
I definatly need some track time.

You should lease your sv to me

usmcab35
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
this looks fun, might be able to get the pig out on the track this year...

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM

I'll be back this year.

Come find me and I will help you next time. If I'm not there, someone like Mike (hcr25) or Casey (dragos13) will help you.

DFab
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Come find me and I will help you next time. If I'm not there, someone like Mike (hcr25) or Casey (dragos13) will help you.

Thanks. Mike has already offered me some of his time, but I will look you up as well. I need all the help I can get!

aerofaze
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Signed up this morning, Scott.

If anything happens to my Duc, I'm blaming you!

j/k :D

rybo
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
I already have about 1/2 dozen people signed up for this day, it's going to be great!

Never Ever is filling up fast, if you've never been to the track before and think you want to give it a try, you won't find a better program ANYWHERE!

Thanks to everyone who has already signed up!

Scott

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
I had a great time last year, Scott. Can't wait to do it again this year!

OUTLAWD
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Signed up this morning, Scott.

If anything happens to my Duc, I'm blaming you!

j/k :D

woohoo! the only thing that will happen to the monsterette is that it will spend more time on the track, and less in the canyons ;)

Bashed
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
You should lease your sv to me

We might be able to work something out. As long as the pace you go on it rubs even a little bit off on me., I'll be happy, cuz IRSLO.
Sending PM.

TransNone13
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hope I get back in time! If I purchase now, but end up not going home in time what are my options?

seann137
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
is this the only day scheduled or is there a list out there showing other dates?

s.

rybo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Seann,

At this point I only have one day on the schedule for 2011. I really only like to run on the weekends and at this point there aren't many available dates. As time opens up I'll be posting more events.

Scott

seann137
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
cool Scott. thx.

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
What happened to Chicane at PMP? I don't remember there being one last year.

Approval for $750k to repave the track goes to vote tomorrow. From what I read of the council meeting, sounds like most were in favor. We'll see. I'll start a new thread and post a link as soon as it comes out in paper. Probably Thursday.

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I heard through the grapevine that whomever was running the track started :siesta: and increased track rental prices...

no offense, but if I've got to drive twice as far and pay the same, to ride on a track in disrepair, than I do a 3 year old track...I'll stick with HPR ;)

Spooph
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Just to clarify being that I'm still very much a noob when it comes to things like this, a Never Ever is where you're Never Ever been on a track, right? So, if I've been on a track, I can't sign up for that, right?

asp_125
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Just to clarify being that I'm still very much a noob when it comes to things like this, a Never Ever is where you're Never Ever been on a track, right? So, if I've been on a track, I can't sign up for that, right?

IMI doesn't count. :D

rybo
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM
What happened to Chicane at PMP? I don't remember there being one last year.

Approval for $750k to repave the track goes to vote tomorrow. From what I read of the council meeting, sounds like most were in favor. We'll see. I'll start a new thread and post a link as soon as it comes out in paper. Probably Thursday.

Track management at PMP changed multiple times last year and weekend rental time was difficult to schedule at best. In the interest of assuring good turnout I opted not to utilize that facility last year.

I'm very excited about the prospect of a repaved PMP. I like the layout of the track a bunch and hope that this comes to fruition.

That is techincally true, but Jeff is also right, I wouldn't count IMI as a "proper" trackday. You can ping me by PM if you need more info. If you've ever been a racer, or if you've done a proper day at HPR / PMP / PPIR then you wouldn't be eligible for Never Ever.

Scott

Spooph
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
PM sent, thanks!

Spooph
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
K, if a spot is still open when my paycheck clears, I'll be signing up.

Sean
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
K, if a spot is still open when my paycheck clears, I'll be signing up.It will be worth every penny! (and them some)

TransNone13
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I loved it, I just think I'm going to physically unable to go. This is unfortunately THE only thing that could have stopped me :(.

asp_125
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
K, if a spot is still open when my paycheck clears, I'll be signing up.

For a never ever spot? Heck sell a kidney, it's worth it.

blaircsf
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Even if the never ever is full, I would still recommend it. I missed out on the never ever slots last summer for my first track day, but had a blast and learned a lot in the beginner group.

Snowman
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
K, if a spot is still open when my paycheck clears, I'll be signing up.It's going to be the most expensive $100.00 dollars you'll ever spend in your lifetime...

It's going to lead you to do it again, then you'll need better gear, and then doing it again, and then a better bike, and then doing it again, and wanting to learn to corner better, and then doing it again, and wanting to race, and then doing it again, then needing a faster bike, and then doing it again, and then you'll never want to do anything else..

asp_125
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
quoted for truth! :D

Spooph
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Oh grrrr. I dislike peer pressure, especially when it lines up with EXACTLY what I want.... I am now $100 poorer.. :D

TransNone13
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Oh grrrr. I dislike peer pressure, especially when it lines up with EXACTLY what I want.... I am now $100 poorer.. :D

Good choice, but they are right. It started with the track day last year and gear, then fluids, then pads, then tires, then repairs, then a dedicated race bike, then....

rybo
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Good news!

Chicane is very pleased that AMA pro and Daytona 200 Champion, Jason DiSalvo, will be joining us on June 26th!

dirkterrell
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Good news!

Chicane is very pleased that AMA pro and Daytona 200 Champion, Jason DiSalvo, will be joining us on June 26th!

That's awesome. Jason is a great guy to talk to about riding.

r6rammy
Wed May 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
is it still at 50% off or can I get a code somehow? Wanna register real bad but dont think I can do $200, $100 and I'll register in a heartbeat.

do I need to pm someone to know more?

Also, this will be my first time on HPR, done a handful of trackdays in TX. Wanna start in beginner but want to bump up to intermediate when I'm comfortable with the track layout.

asp_125
Wed May 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Pretty sure the discount is for Never Evers only.

jrthomas6
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Chicane days are always a blast and very well organized! Count me and Brian in.

OUTLAWD
Wed May 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM
you might be able to do a 1/2 day for a discounted rate...

Bueller
Thu May 5th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Is there is a half day rate?

cdbouncer
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM
r6rammy - PM Rybo. He's the decision maker on this day. He will be the final voice on your question. I do know that if the day books full there isn't usually the option for a half day. Hope to see you out there!!

Sean
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Anybody got a bike I can borrow? :(

OUTLAWD
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
there will be a sumo track...go ADV-ing

Sean
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
there will be a sumo track...go ADV-ingOh, it can be done on a 950/990 Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSLId40cr8&feature=player_embedded) I'm just not sure I want to do it on mine!

rybo
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hey all!

This is really shaping up to be a great day!

We have a great guest rider joining us, tire support at the track, suspension tuning available at the track AND lunch provided by our sponsor, Boulder Motorsports!

On top of that Never Ever sold out weeks ago, and we have a group of riders driving over from SLC and Miller Motorsports Park to join us!

I'm getting really excited for this event as I think it's going to be one of the best EVER, and I don't say that lightly because we've had some great events over the years.

R6- The NEVER EVER program is for folks who have never been on a track before. There are extremely limited spaces and they always sell out VERY quickly. I'm pretty sure that if you ask around you'll find that the majority of folks that ride at my events come away from them extremely pleased and think that even at full price they are a good value.

1/2 Days with Chicane are available at the track only on the day of the event based on space available.

Come ride with us!

Scott

Snowman
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
If you are looking for a few extra bucks R6 you might want to consider working the MRA races as a Corner Marshal. You can pick up a $100.00 for a weekend of watching the good racers show you their lines. Go here to sign up.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6595ab628f7209b80d63c3e1ba4b0b73

aerofaze
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
We have a great guest rider joining us, tire support at the track, suspension tuning available at the track AND lunch provided by our sponsor, Boulder Motorsports!

:up: YES!!!

On top of that Never Ever sold out weeks ago, and we have a group of riders driving over from SLC and Miller Motorsports Park to join us!

Are the SLM Ducati Hotties (http://www.saltlakemotorsports.com/hottie) coming over with the SLC riders???? :boobies:

Snowman
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:55 AM
How much to rent an Umbrella Girl?

OUTLAWD
Thu May 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM
The NEVER EVER program is for folks who have never been on a track before. There are extremely limited spaces and they always sell out VERY quickly.
Scott

Scott, even if the NE is sold out, is there still classroom/instruction available for those who pay full price but have never set foot on the track?

Snowman
Thu May 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Yep, anyone who has never been on a track and pays their money get all the classroom instruction.

rybo
Thu May 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Scott, even if the NE is sold out, is there still classroom/instruction available for those who pay full price but have never set foot on the track?

Yep, anyone who has never been on a track and pays their money get all the classroom instruction.

Exactly! Instructors / Instruction are available all day!

If you've never been on the track before we have an outstanding introductory program available to all. I simply as that you make a note of it when you sign up so I can be sure to have enough instructors available for the day!

Thanks all!

Scott

ghostrider_9
Thu May 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
And of course, On the Marc Photography will be there, camera in hand to capture this spectacular event! I hope to see you guys out there!

On a side note - if you would like a custom poster (or if you are interested in one in the future), let me know. We can make arrangements to get some shots of you and your bike. We can also set up group shots. The possibilities of what we can do are limited only by our imagination, so feel free to ask if you have something in specific that you would like to see or have shot.

Disclaimer - we cannot make you appear to as fast as Scott. Even Photoshop has its limitations . . .

bornwildnfree
Thu May 5th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Disclaimer - we cannot make you appear to as fast as Scott. Even Photoshop has its limitations . . .
:pointlaugh:

OUTLAWD
Thu May 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
...you have something in specific that you would like to see ...

Disclaimer - we cannot make you appear to as fast as Scott.

I want to see me dragging elbow...

and passing scott can only be done when riding on stolen cop tires ;)

ghostrider_9
Thu May 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I want to see me dragging elbow...

and passing scott can only be done when riding on stolen cop tires ;)

A pic like that would be one of two shots:

1. Completely staged

B. In a series of a Rule 1 violation shots . . .

OUTLAWD
Thu May 5th, 2011, 11:38 PM
A pic like that would be one of two shots:

1. Completely staged

B. In a series of a Rule 1 violation shots . . .

:321:

rforsythe
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Anybody got a bike I can borrow? :(

I won't be riding much (if at all) that day, you can use the SV.

ian22
Fri May 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Awesome that Jason Disalvo will be there....me too.

rybo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Awesome that Jason Disalvo will be there....me too.

Thanks Ian! I got your order this morning.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Scott

ian22
Fri May 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
That was way fast! Thanks for offering this and working with BMS...can't wait, its gonna be unbelievable!

Slo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Any plans for a CSC open track day like we used to do?

rybo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Any plans for a CSC open track day like we used to do?

Jay,

Those days are gone, it's what turned into Chicane. In order to continue doing it I had to have an actual business that I could buy insurance through.

Since those days track rental costs have almost doubled and insurance has at least doubled. I simply couldn't afford to do it that way anymore.

Scott

eg bter
Fri May 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm in...see you there

ghostrider_9
Fri May 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
:321:

Where's the love?

Slo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Ahh I see... I will be signing up for one of these, could use a refresher and need to get the new bike out there.

Reyven
Fri May 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Ahh I see... I will be signing up for one of these, could use a refresher and need to get the new bike out there.

Scott going to let the strider on the track?!? :shock:

Slo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM

Would be pretty wild going downhill......:shock:

rybo
Fri May 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Would be pretty wild going downhill......:shock:

Now we're talkin!

I'm afraid that the track may not find it as "interesting" as we do, but can you imagine us all lining our kids up at the top of the corkscrew and yelling GO!

:w00t:

Sean
Fri May 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I won't be riding much (if at all) that day, you can use the SV.I may have to think about this....thanks for offering, Ralph. At least you know it won't be ridden hard! :lol:

jgixxer1
Fri May 6th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Which track has a longer straight? HPR or PMP?

rforsythe
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I may have to think about this....thanks for offering, Ralph. At least you know it won't be ridden hard! :lol:

Just remember to go left in turn 1 and it's all good. :shock:

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Just remember to go left in turn 1 and it's all good. :shock:

:spit:

Ninja2
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I signed up! :bananna:Looking forward to Chicane. Best trackdays, ever.

OUTLAWD
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I signed up! :bananna:Looking forward to Chicane. Best trackdays, ever.

:yay:

Ninja2
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:37 PM
:yay:

Yeah. Just wait till I miss that exit again and end up in the advanced group. You'll stop cheering. :lol:

http://images9.cpcache.com/product/116713249v9_480x480_Front_Color-Black.jpg

OUTLAWD
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
after my excellent showing this weekend, I may promote myself to Never Ever again...haha

does that shirt come in pink?

Ninja2
Tue May 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That's funny. No, unfortunately not. Why? You looked great with the scarf.

Snowman
Tue May 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Trust me where the advanced group makes up in speed you would make up in looks...

OUTLAWD
Tue May 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
aww, thanks! I'm blushing

r6rammy
Tue May 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
want to signup asap, sent pm to rybo with questions.

Also, anyone has a ramp to help me load my bike in my truck? I'm in Lafayette by the Exampla hospital off 287

Also, I'm replacing my antifreeze with Engine Ice, would that be sufficient? Do I need to safety wire anything at all?

Bueller
Wed May 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Engine ice = no good
water wetter = good

rybo
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Also, anyone has a ramp to help me load my bike in my truck? I'm in Lafayette by the Exampla hospital off 287

Also, I'm replacing my antifreeze with Engine Ice, would that be sufficient? Do I need to safety wire anything at all?

No need to safety wire anything.

Engine Ice is glycol based, so will not be acceptable at the track. Please use straight water or water with water wetter only.

Thanks!

Scott

r6rammy
Wed May 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
No need to safety wire anything.

Engine Ice is glycol based, so will not be acceptable at the track. Please use straight water or water with water wetter only.

Thanks!

Scott

Glad I saw this. I was just gonna open the can. Now will go to the stealership and replace with Water wetter.

:headbang:

Registered in beginner group. Will move up when comfortable.

Still no one has offered help for loading up my bike. Can someone please lend me a ramp to load my bike in my truck????

Foolds
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Im in North Thornton and have a ramp you could use... But I will need it to load my trailer too.

Its a Triple fold style

r6rammy
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Im in North Thornton and have a ramp you could use... But I will need it to load my trailer too.

Its a Triple fold style

thats great man. I could drive down and get teh ramp, load my bike and get it back to you. Although if you had space in the trailer, that would be great too, lol. Share gas $$ and have a company driving there and back.

:headbang:

Foolds
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Sadly its just a 4x8 folding trailer pulled by a Nissan Maxima 2 Bikes is all shes got ability to hold =( Mine and Cats =(

But the Ramp is here for ya! If I need to come up and help you load I can do that too... Though Im just about afraid of loading as they get

r6rammy
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Sadly its just a 4x8 folding trailer pulled by a Nissan Maxima 2 Bikes is all shes got ability to hold =( Mine and Cats =(

But the Ramp is here for ya! If I need to come up and help you load I can do that too... Though Im just about afraid of loading as they get

if I have some help, I've loaded it in my truck a few times before. Ramp will be good. Now I dont have to rent a u-haul m/c trailer anymore. Will also need ramp to unload, need truck for work etc, haha.

OUTLAWD
Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm most likely dragging 2 bikes out as well, so no room on my trailer either

r6rammy
Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I'm most likely dragging 2 bikes out as well, so no room on my trailer either

thx bro

any ideas on power outlets at the track? I have Michelin power race tires and warmers that I would like to use if its not too expensive for power at the track.

rybo
Thu May 12th, 2011, 06:43 AM
There is power at the track, but there is a cost. High Plains retains the rights to RV and carport spots during the weekend.

www.highplainsraceway.com - follow the link for rv / carport rental

s

asp_125
Thu May 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Rybo, does chicane have spare back protectors to borrow/rent?

OUTLAWD
Thu May 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
any ideas on power outlets at the track? I have Michelin power race tires and warmers that I would like to use if its not too expensive for power at the track.

There is power at the track, but there is a cost. High Plains retains the rights to RV and carport spots during the weekend.

www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com) - follow the link for rv / carport rental

s

^ this

or befriend someone and mooch gennie power

rforsythe
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM

www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com) - follow the link for rv / carport rental

s

If you don't have a canopy to hang out under, the shade from a carport rental will be more than worth it at the end of June regardless of power. You can also fit multiple bikes under one and split the cost.

rybo
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Rybo, does chicane have spare back protectors to borrow/rent?

Yes,

They are avaialable on a first come / first serve basis, but I've got a grip of them these days, so I don't typically run out.

S

cdbouncer
Thu May 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hey Rybo - can I wear one? :santa:

Yes,

They are avaialable on a first come / first serve basis, but I've got a grip of them these days, so I don't typically run out.

S

rybo
Thu May 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Rybo - can I wear one? :santa:

YES!

cdbouncer
Thu May 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
hehe - maybe it's not comfy enough to spend the day in but it might get the attention of those who haven't registered :D

YES!

rybo
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
hehe - maybe it's not comfy enough to spend the day in but it might get the attention of those who haven't registered :D

BACK PROTECTOR FASHION SHOW!

cdbouncer
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
While that may be a fabulous idea I think you should be looking for a whole different type of chica ;)

BACK PROTECTOR FASHION SHOW!

RedheadRider
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Rybo, are all of the never-ever discounts sold out?
If not, I'd like to take a shot at a track day. Wish I could have signed up earlier, but my finances wouldn't allow it until now.
I'd need to rent a suit, back protector and hitch a ride on someone's trailer...

rybo
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
If not, I'd like to take a shot at a track day. Wish I could have signed up earlier, but my finances wouldn't allow it until now.
I'd need to rent a suit, back protector and hitch a ride on someone's trailer...

I'm really sorry, but "never ever" sold out over a month ago.

I have space in the class for you and a great line up of instructors. I have a suit you can borrow at no charge and a back protector that is also loanable, I simply don't have the discounted spot available still.

I certainly hope you choose to join us anyways, it's going to be a great day!

s

RedheadRider
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Cool, figured I was late to the party. :)
I'll see if I can swing it anyway, I'd really like to go.

Snowman
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
beveritt - If you have the weekends of May 21/22 and June 11/12 free, you could consider working as a corner worker for the MRA. You'll get paid $50 a day (4 days $200.00) and fed lunch to watch good racers show you their lines.

Go her for more info.. http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=marshal

RedheadRider
Thu May 12th, 2011, 11:24 PM
beveritt - If you have the weekends of May 21/22 and June 11/12 free, you could consider working as a corner worker for the MRA. You'll get paid $50 a day (4 days $200.00) and fed lunch to watch good racers show you their lines.

Go her for more info.. http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=marshal
Good idea, perhaps I can do that. Thanks!

r6rammy
Fri May 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM
so anyone wanna share a carport with moi?

Bueller
Sat May 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I will probably be looking to share a spot, looks like they have a 1 day rate but they are not reserveable online.

OUTLAWD
Sat May 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hmm...I'd probabaly be down for splitting a spot...2 bikes, 1 set of warmers

rccarver
Sat May 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM

I don't know if this is permissable, but I have a $100 Never Ever I can sell you. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week and my biking days are probably over(sorry for the downer). I also have full 2-piece leathers (I'm 5'10" 150lbs) and a back protector you can borrow.

WingZero992
Sat May 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
So, to be clear, the never ever is just a discount? It's the same class as the beginners?

RedheadRider
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I don't know if this is permissable, but I have a $100 Never Ever I can sell you. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week and my biking days are probably over(sorry for the downer). I also have full 2-piece leathers (I'm 5'10" 150lbs) and a back protector you can borrow.
Wow, dude that's very nice of you to offer that, I think I'll take you up on the offer! So sorry to hear about your medical problems. I'll PM you.

rybo
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
So, to be clear, the never ever is just a discount? It's the same class as the beginners?

Yes!

Bueller
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Wow that sucks hard, I hope there is a positive prognosis for your future. I am a survivor of kidney cancer. I empathize.

rccarver
Sun May 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I got alot of responses and the fair thing to do is sell it to Redhead. B, I'll be calling you later.

r6rammy
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I will probably be looking to share a spot, looks like they have a 1 day rate but they are not reserveable online.

let me know if and when making reservation so I can also get a spot with ya ;)

RedheadRider
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I bought rccarver's ticket from him. Cool guy, bummer he cannot go.

Rybo, is there anything else I need besides the reciept for the ticket? I do want to take you up on the offer to borrow a suit and back protector. I'm 6'0" and 190 lbs.

Other than that, I'd like to arrange transport on a trailer if anyone on the south side of town has space to share...?

rybo
Thu May 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I bought rccarver's ticket from him. Cool guy, bummer he cannot go.

Rybo, is there anything else I need besides the reciept for the ticket? I do want to take you up on the offer to borrow a suit and back protector. I'm 6'0" and 190 lbs.

Other than that, I'd like to arrange transport on a trailer if anyone on the south side of town has space to share...?

Hey Brian,

So as a general rule these things are non-transferrable. I understand that this is an unusual circumstance, but what I don't want to set up is a secondary market for Never Ever Spots....they are a great value and sell out very quickly. I have a clear and fair refund policy for future reference.

That being said - No, please bring the reciept for the spot and we'll get you taken care of. I'll have suits and back protectors at the event.

Thanks much!

Scott

RedheadRider
Fri May 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hey Brian,

So as a general rule these things are non-transferrable. I understand that this is an unusual circumstance, but what I don't want to set up is a secondary market for Never Ever Spots....they are a great value and sell out very quickly. I have a clear and fair refund policy for future reference.

That being said - No, please bring the reciept for the spot and we'll get you taken care of. I'll have suits and back protectors at the event.

Thanks much!

Scott
Understood, thanks for making an exception Scott!

r6rammy
Fri May 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM
rybo, pm sent for cancellation, no replies yet :(

Young Luke
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm in... and baaaaaack! :w00t:

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'm in... and baaaaaack! :w00t:

What up man!

Young Luke
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
What up man!

Hey! Its been way too long. Looking forward to getting out and seeing some of you guys again!

rybo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome Back!

See you the 26th!

TransNone13
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM
See everyone there! The pumps will be open correct?

rybo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM
See everyone there! The pumps will be open correct?

yup

Bueller
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hey! Its been way too long. Looking forward to getting out and seeing some of you guys again!
What are you riding now?

rybo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
What are you riding now?

Check out his signature....

Bueller
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Duh..... I have them turned off, they get pretty annoying.

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Just signed up!!! I had an awesome time last year and I have been looking forward to doing this again all winter long.

WooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

flyingmonkey
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I am planning to sign up by June 20th
Last year was great so I am definately going this year

green_zx7r
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Scott,
Planning half day for this with DW (and hopefully Adam). Will sign up as soon as plans are solid.

Yusuke

Bueller
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM
:loop:^^:bananna:

Spooph
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM
nice, and you have nice tall one of your own... :P I'll see you guys on the 26th!

Foolds
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Camping Going to be allowed?

rybo
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Camping Going to be allowed?

Maybe.

It all counts on pre-registrations. If enough people pre-register then I'll pay for the overnight security for camping.

Need 50

Have 28

S

rforsythe
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:42 AM
28?! Come on people, this is the best track day in the state. Get registered so Scott can feed his children! With any luck he'll even have enough left over for a hairpiece.

rybo
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:46 AM
29!

Snowman
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Time to generate some virtual buzz...

Have any flyers you can pass out at bike night tonight?

Graphite675
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
29!

Lets go folks, step up and get out on the track! Get registered so we can fill this thing up.

rybo
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Time to generate some virtual buzz...

Have any flyers you can pass out at bike night tonight?

Sorry Randall, no flyers.

I had some photos on my camera of JD with his bike, but I can't find my camera. I think it may have been in the trailer.

31!

OUTLAWD
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm most likely in...waiting to hear back from family that will be in town that weekend.

Tim K
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
We'll camp if it's available. 5 peeps, one trailer. Scott, check your PM's.

T

rybo
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 03:42 PM
OK - I haven't gotten to 50 yet (about 40 as of today)

BUT

I decided to open the track for camping on Saturday night.

Here are the rules:

1) Please don't do anything dumb. If you think what you're about to do MIGHT be dumb, it is. Don't do that.

2) DO NOT arrive before 6:00 PM. Another group has the track rented on Saturday. The paddock is NOT AVAILABLE TO US IN ANY WAY before 6:00 PM on Saturday.

3) Please DO encourage your friends to sign up and ride with us on Sunday.

4) The track itself is CLOSED. Please do not enter the track surface for any reason before we go hot on Sunday.

Thank you

Scott

Bueller
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I decided to open the track for camping on Saturday night.

Yay!

rforsythe
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I gotta get a toy hauler... Getting sick of waking up at 3:30am just to make it to the track on time.

Graphite675
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Awesome, thank's Scott!

OUTLAWD
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I gotta get a toy hauler... Getting sick of waking up at 3:30am just to make it to the track on time.

I hear ya!

Vehicle 1
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ok, after some last minute decitions, I'm in!
I'll be camping too...

Bueller
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
There ya go!

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Don't forget that Marc w/ On The Marc Photography and myself will be out there making you kids look GOOD!! :D

Bueller
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
^^Did you get my email about the pic in the rain LW/MW End pregrid?

Reyven
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Did I miss the post where it states last day to sign up? I looked, but did not do a good job apparently.

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
^^Did you get my email about the pic in the rain LW/MW End pregrid?
Sent you a PM.

cdbouncer
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Rey - Unless the day fills up (I am unaware how close we are) you can sign up the day of at the track.

If you intend to do this bring cash or your checkbook.

If you are wanting to take the class, please come a bit early so you have time to suit up, register and be ready when classtime starts (and we can get you in class group).

I trust you have somebody helping you get your bike ready (no antifreeze, tape lights, etc.)...have that done before you get there (it's already super early!).

PM Rybo for prices at track day v. pre-register, payment methods, etc.

Also - I know the last track day was taking online registration up to 48 hrs before the start of the trackday. PM Rybo for confirmation if you like.

That's the best I got!

Did I miss the post where it states last day to sign up? I looked, but did not do a good job apparently.

rybo
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I've got freakin' rockstars helping me run this program! thanks bouncer!

Rey-

She's got it right. I'll close pre-registration late friday night.

PLEASE pre-register especially if you need to take the class so that I can make sure to have enough instructors on hand. I had this problem last year where a bunch of people showed up the day of the event and wanted to take the course, but didn't let me know in advance. We got it done, but not without it's tense moments!

Cost at the track is more.

$240 for the full day
$120 for the 1/2 day (only if full day doesn't sell out)

See you at the track!

Scott

Ninja2
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Scott, Thank you so much for making the track available for camping. Ss there any kind of registration needed for camping the night before? Some of us Southies are thinking about coming out the night before (... and maybe do some dumb stuff?!#$%@:idea:)

rybo
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Scott, Thank you so much for making the track available for camping. Ss there any kind of registration needed for camping the night before? Some of us Southies are thinking about coming out the night before (... and maybe do some dumb stuff?!#$%@:idea:)
No registration needed - just show up and camp!

For doing dumb stuff you need to register with me in person. Registration is open from Midnight till 12:01 AM on the 27th of June.

Reyven
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the information. Will be making a decision closer to the end of the week.

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the information. Will be making a decision closer to the end of the week.

you!? I'll believe it when I see it :p

Reyven
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
you!? I'll believe it when I see it :p

you might be waiting a while. so i wouldnt count on it.

Graphite675
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Anyone have a timing beacon that they can bring?

pdfruth
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Anyone have a timing beacon that they can bring?

I'll have one there. If no one else sets one up, we can use mine.

Snowman
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have one I will be bringing as well.

flyingmonkey
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Rybo, I send you a PM

flyingmonkey
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks Rybo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graphite675
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
I'll have one there. If no one else sets one up, we can use mine.

I have one I will be bringing as well.

Awesome, thanks.
It has always been hit of miss in the past whether someone had one out or not.

asp_125
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
I don't see it on the Chicane website or when I skimmed this thread. Anyone (Rybo) know what the schedule is for Sunday? 8am riders meeting? Never ever class? Tech? Gates open at 6am?????

More important for me.. Will the Byers General Store trailer open for breakfast? When's lunch? :D

rforsythe
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Gates open at 6, I'm guessing riders meeting at ~7ish but don't know for sure. Track goes hot at 8am, and the riders meeting is mandatory so get there early. :)

Sean
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
So let me get this straight. Preregistration is only open for another 36 hours (it will close on Friday night) and people can register at the track, but it's more expensive?

Plus, it looks like it's going to be 85 and sunny at the track. Perfect conditions for an awesome day of riding!

rybo
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
So let me get this straight. Preregistration is only open for another 36 hours (it will close on Friday night) and people can register at the track, but it's more expensive?

Plus, it looks like it's going to be 85 and sunny at the track. Perfect conditions for an awesome day of riding!

Sean,

your powers of perception are impressive indeed! You've got everything in this post exactly right.

Weather is looking great - track staff is all lined up - lunch is ordered.

Weekend tracktime at one of the best tracks in the country with the winner of the Daytona 200 in attendance - free lunch included with your registration and the best corner and ambulance crew at ANY trackday in the country.....all for $200? What more could you ask for!

s

Foolds
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Gettting off my ass and Signing up My Self and Cat Today I promise!

Sean
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I forgot about this guy!

So, people will get to watch a Pro AMA racer, get to talk to him, and ask questions at lunch too?

I remember watching Jakub Smrz (WSBK racer) at a different Chicane track day I was attending. It was awesome!

Snowman
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
^^^ Whoohoo.. we get our collective asses handed to us by the best, way to go Rybo...

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
May I suggest that Disalvo get a transponder (this time) and beat Lynn's record ;) Just cause...

EDIT: Oh, and when we aren't on the track

asp_125
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
I hope Marc and Wicky get some pics of Disalvo dragging elbow at HPR.

ghostrider_9
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM

If he does it, we will get it . . .

Graphite675
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
I forgot about this guy!

Love that Triumph he was on! :D

He's currently running 3rd in the AMA Daytona Sportbike riding the Ducati 848 for Latus.

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I think Turn 7 would be a good corner for that. :D

Graphite675
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
If he does it, we will get it . . .

When he blows by me could you get a good shot of it. Make sure the angle is good so it looks like I'm actually passing him 8)

ghostrider_9
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
When he blows by me could you get a good shot of it. Make sure the angle is good so it looks like I'm actually passing him 8)

I will try my best to do that also. Maybe we can catch him on a warm up lap . . .

Snowman
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I believe photoshop could help

fe911
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
I've got one space in the trailer, just pony up for gas, and maybe drive gone, if I go too fast. N/W Denver area, I'm not driving too far at 5 in the morning.

asp_125
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
94 and sunny on Sunday. Hope the cornerworkers have some shade.

Foolds
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
+2 More I just Got off my ass and got us registered!

rforsythe
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:08 AM
94 and sunny on Sunday. Hope the cornerworkers have some shade.

On that note, if anyone has an extra canopy please bring it.

Ghost
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
What's the policy on just coming to watch/help in the pits? My friend Cody's never been to a track day and wants to come see what it's like.

rybo
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
What's the policy on just coming to watch/help in the pits? My friend Cody's never been to a track day and wants to come see what it's like.

No problem! There is no charge for admission. He cannot enter the "hot" zone at the track for any reason. Other than that he should come and enjoy the day.

s

Graphite675
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
On that note, if anyone has an extra canopy please bring it.

Good luck with that :roll: I have yet to put up, or be able to keep up my canopy once this year at HPR. The wind out there has been a real beotch.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it won't be windy this weekend?

Ghost
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
No problem! There is no charge for admission. He cannot enter the "hot" zone at the track for any reason. Other than that he should come and enjoy the day.

s

Awesome, thanks Scott, I'll let him know!

(and then I'll tell him he has to get up @4am like the rest of us :p )

Ghost
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
/registered

*KEN*
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm in.

If anyone is on the fence about this, I think you'll be REALLY happy if you do it. Chicane is really well organized and you'll get a ton of seat time that's almost guaranteed to make you faster (especially with instruction). I can't wait!

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM
^+1. rybo puts on a top notch operation. This is as safe as track days get. I can't wait! Prepping the bike today.

Foolds
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Rybo How many Riders we got? Will this be staffed with one or two ambulances?

Side Note if you arnt signed up you really should be! go out and sign up at the track Rybo Runs the best track day around! Its a great event!

rybo
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM
JJ - as of right now I have about 80 riders for the day

2 ambulances, a GRIP of corner workers etc etc etc.

We're ready to go! See you in the morning!

Foolds
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Woot! Cool I Hope we dont need any of them!

rforsythe
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
This is gonna be awesome!! It's too late to pre register, but you can still show up and ride! Get out to HPR tomorrow!

Spooph
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thank Rybo! This will go down as one of the best experiences of my life. I thought I knew how to ride a bike. I was shown the errors of my mind.... Can't wait for the next one!

asp_125
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks Rybo, Ralph, Dave Rose, the MRA instructors and everyone who helped put on a KICK-ASS event!

Hats off to the corner workers, who had to endure high 90's temperatures all day.

PS - the rider who broke rule #1 is under observation overnight, but is expected to be released tomorrow. Thanks to the Utah riders who offered up their tie-downs.

JonnyD
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Really glad that rider is going to be okay! I think all us cornerworkers had some shade - it made the day a LOT more bearable. Was a great day!

Someone once told me the art of photography is being at the right place at the right time with the right equipment. I think that's the only way I get good shots... I must figure out how Marc gets all the ones he does!
I didn't snap too many this time because I had 3 corners to watch, but here's probably the best one I got.

Gshak
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Great day out there! Chicane rocks! Thanks to all you corner workers for battling the heat for us! Love HPR!

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM
What's rule #1?

Filo
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks Chicane-ery folks.

DW
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
That was awesome. Thanks Scott and the entire crew who pulled it together and kept it running smooth all day.

gsxrscott
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Rule #1-Don't fall down!!!!!

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Rule #1-Don't fall down!!!!!

HA! :lol:

Okay, but he's my friend and I'm not getting any updates right now so... I hear he might be okay but I'm not sure... :no:

But still... :cheers:

gsxrscott
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM
That's not a jab at your buddy, just an honest answer to your question. Rybo made us all repeat it at the riders meeting this morning( as always) everybody who does one of his track days knows rule #1 well.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm looking forward to next year when I should have the DI for a track bike and needed gear.

And I wasn't offended. I laughed! But I am a little concerned even though the updates I did get were mostly positive.

green_zx7r
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Had a serious bast! Never been to HPR and hadn't really rode my track bike in about two years. Very scary at first getting back to those speeds. But got use to it quickly. That was simply divine...

Thanks Scott, Chicane crew, corner workers, ambulence staff!

rybo
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks to everyone that made this an outstanding day - especially:

Anyone who worked
-Cornerworkers
-Ambulance Crew
-Instructors
-Tech
-Photographers

All the riders
-Without you this wouldn't be any fun at all!

The "Utah" crew!
10 folks drove all the way from SLC to ride with us!

Sponsors:
-Boulder Motorsports
-On the Marc Photography
-WICKed Photos
-STM Suspension

We had 23 people out yesterday who had never been on a track before! Big kudos to the instructional team for helping this group of people have an outstanding day.

Thank you all very much!

scott

t_jolt
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
hey Scott,
how is the guy that rode VFR?

Also thank you again for a wonderful time. :bow:

Snowman
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Great time Scott.

old_school
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Awesome day!!! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Scott
-------------
Ducati 1098S

ian22
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Whoooohooo! that was an amazing time. Big thanks to Scott for all of his hard work, I can't imagine what goes in to trying to set an even like that up. Also a big thanks to BMS for lunch and also for just being cool to hang out with. It was awesome to have JD there and get to ask him questions.
Thanks again!
BTW, when are the pictures gonna be up? I heard the name wicked photos but i missed the name of the other photography company that was there. I know someone got some good shots of me. I may be interested in purchasing some.

rybo
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Ian,

The other photographer was On the Marc photography.

Marc will likely post a link when they're ready - if he doesn't, I will.

I'm glad you had a great day!

scott

ian22
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks, I just noticed that above...apparently, I never learned to read! I'll work on it.

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thank you Scott, the cornerworkers, the instructors, the ambulance crews and everyone else that was involved in setting this up! I had a great time!!! I've got some sore muscles today - but it's the good kind of sore.

Scer
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Glad I was able to suit up and enjoy the day. Best day of riding..ever. Thanks to my "pit crew" for prepping the bike and getting me on the track.

Of course, many thanks to Scott and BMS. You guys put on a great day to play. Corner workers were real troopers to tough out the heat too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Track on trackas

Graphite675
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Another great track day, Thanks Scott!

Also a big thanks to BMS for lunch, The medical staff and for the corner workers who braved that heat out there all day! That had to have been tough.

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:16 AM
BTW, when are the pictures gonna be up? I heard the name wicked photos but i missed the name of the other photography company that was there. I know someone got some good shots of me. I may be interested in purchasing some.
The pictures should take about a week to 2 weeks to get everything keyworded and up on the site. :up:

Foolds
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks to Scott and Ralph And All Who made it happen!

Thanks To Dave Rose for making my bike Feel Like it should! Best money Ive spent in a LONG TIME!

Thanks To Scer For being an Awsome Friend and Great Pit Mate!

Thanks All Who helped me get Cat's Bike back on the track after we lost the rear axle parts!

BIG BIG Thanks to Kitten who drove all the way back to Thornton To get the much needed parts and to Raven for letting us borrow the parts off her bike!

What a great track day!

aerofaze
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Wow, that was a blast! Thanks for making my first track experience an awesome one. A big shout out to Scott, the medics, the cornerworkers, the photogs, instructors, BMS for lunch, and all the other Chicane crew who made it successful.

For anyone who's on the fence... DO IT. Highly recommended!!

Major appreciation to BadR6Man. We wouldn't have been able to get to HPR without you, your help, trailer, grill, burgers, and canopy. THANKS. :D

ghostrider_9
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Whoooohooo! that was an amazing time. Big thanks to Scott for all of his hard work, I can't imagine what goes in to trying to set an even like that up. Also a big thanks to BMS for lunch and also for just being cool to hang out with. It was awesome to have JD there and get to ask him questions.
Thanks again!

Ian,

The other photographer was On the Marc photography.

Marc will likely post a link when they're ready - if he doesn't, I will.

I'm glad you had a great day!

scott

It looks like I shot 9,340 images yesterday. That is not counting what Wicky caught. I have already begun the arduous task of sorting through the images, keywording them and getting them ready to be posted. I will keep this thread up to date with our progress.

The pictures should take about a week to 2 weeks to get everything keyworded and up on the site. :up:

I am hoping to be done this week. My goal is to have them posted by next weekend. Good luck keeping up. I just drank a Red Bull!

ian22
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Over 9000 photos!!! Wow indeed! I know you guys got some good shots of me...can't wait to check them out. Thanks again.

blaircsf
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Big thanks to everyone involved and volunteering. Another awesome track day.

50sGrl
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I had such a great day yesterday at Chicane! As one of the never-evers, I was made to feel welcome and was given such great instruction and intro to the track. I'd like to thank my instructor as well as the corner and track workers, emergency response teams, and BMS for lunch.
And Rybo, I was very impressed by how smoothly everything flowed throughout the day, how quick the emergency response was, and how well you stayed on top of everything. You did a fantastic job and I thank you very much for all your efforts to put on such an obviously top-notch event.

When can we do it again???

Racz
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I definitely need to ride instead of work the next event, i definitely look forward to it.

Bueller
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Well done everyone, it was a great day of riding with a lot of friends. Thanks CW's and photogs you get respect. That's some tough work.

rforsythe
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Big thanks to my crew! It was a very hot day and the corner workers did a great job. Medical guys were also on their game as always; fortunately we only needed them once, but there was no delay getting that rider cared for.

Ninja2
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Great time - as always.

Thank you to:
- Scott for making this happen
- All cornerworkers, esp to the ones who traveled from far to help out
- Mike Applehans for his helpful advice and patience. I promise, next time I'll be at the right meeting spot... . but hey, at least I did not miss any exits this time.
- GSXRScott and Bashed for tech inspection
- EMTs
- BMS for lunch
- Everyone standing in the heat to take pictures for us or cheering us on
- The nice lady at registration (sorry forgot your name)
- All the riders for being friendly, and willing to help each other out. The comraderie was amazing!
- Last, but not least, BadR6 for trailing us out there, taking care of us by BBQ-ing, having any tools imaginable to take care of all of our vehicles (bikes and car... ), and loading and offloading bikes. Well, even if half of them belonged to him after all.

My apologies if I missed anyone.

Ghost
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks Scott, was definitely fun and well-run.

Double thanks to the CWs out there roasting in the 900-degree blast furnace, as a rider I really do appreciate you guys watching out for us, makes the whole day safer and more fun knowing you're there--same to the ambulance guys (who I had to visit when I got a piece of metal in my eye).

Aracheon
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks Scott, was definitely fun and well-run.

Double thanks to the CWs out there roasting in the 900-degree blast furnace, as a rider I really do appreciate you guys watching out for us, makes the whole day safer and more fun knowing you're there--same to the ambulance guys (who I had to visit when I got a piece of metal in my eye).

:up:

ghostrider_9
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Ok boys and girls, it's game time! Let's play a game I like to call, WTF is Oscar doing?

Round 1 -
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff172/ghostrider_9/Misc/IMG_2117.jpg

More to come soon . . .

Spooph
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Trying to remember if he tightened down all the right bolts.

Sean
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Scer- "Let me think about all of the things that I like.
I like puppies.
I like rainbows.
I like kittens with bow ties.
I like sunny days.
I like hugs.
I like...."

Let's play a game I like to call, WTF is Oscar doing?

ian22
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
A double rainbow! All the way! Is it real? lol

Filo
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Let's see... is the clutch on the right or the left?
Shifter up for higher gear or down?
Did I remember to wipe after the pregame?

Foolds
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Ok boys and girls, it's game time! Let's play a game I like to call, WTF is Oscar doing?

Round 1 -
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff172/ghostrider_9/Misc/IMG_2117.jpg

More to come soon . . .

So I can tell by the tires it was the morning session's so I think hes thinking.. Did I remember to get my Axle block back from Cat's Bike?