PDA

View Full Version : STM Suspension - Back in the game!

rybo
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
After a season away Dave Rose is back in the area and opening a full time suspension tuning shop in Fort Collins Colorado. He is presently working on expanding his services to include Motocross, trail and trials bikes in addition to the expansive work he's done with road and roadracing motorcycles.

If you don't know him Dave is an expert in these areas and brings a depth of understanding to the field that most mechanics / tuners don't have. In addition to many years of hands on experience he has a degree in mechanical engineering with an emphasis in vehicle dynamics.

Now is the time to think about getting your ride ready for spring. The oil in your suspension components wears out just like your motor oil. Why not give dave a call and see about getting your shock and forks refreshed for 2011?

http://www.stmsuspension.com/

usmcab35
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
is this the guy that everyone referred to as the suspension god on here? i remember asking back in the day about getting my suspension dialed for my size and i think some referred me to him.

rybo
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM
This is probably him. I don't know that the term 'god' applies, I think he prefers 'expert'

usmcab35
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
haha nice i will have to hit him up to help get the most out of what i got. time to add that to the "to do" list. :)

dragos13
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Lots of people just try to add power to the bike hoping to go faster.

Its amazing how much faster you can become, without even trying, when your suspension is dialed in correctly.

BIG +1 for Dave at Single Track Mind.

dirkterrell
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Lots of people just try to add power to the bike hoping to go faster.

Its amazing how much faster you can become, without even trying, when your suspension is dialed in correctly.

I can certainly attest to this. After he did some work on my race bike, it took me a few minutes to get used to the feel and then I suddenly had a LOT more confidence in corners. I didn't realize just how bad it was set up before he got his hands on it. Small adjustments can have big effects and he knows how it all works together.

BIG +1 for Dave at Single Track Mind.

Ditto. The man does top-notch work.

Dirk

OUTLAWD
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
people named Dave in FoCo are usually awesome...Dave Rose is no exception

ChrisCBX
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm glad Dave is back with a full time business. I'll be wanting to get other bikes tuned up.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/January302009003.jpg

~Barn~
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
people named Dave in FoCo are usually awesome...Dave Rose is no exception

:lol:

vort3xr6
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The absolute second my tax return hits my account. My suspension takes a 2 block trip to be dropped off.