PDA

View Full Version : UFC

675Rider
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 01:37 AM
So what does everyone think of this upcoming fight? Vitor Belfort or Anderson Silva? Forrest Griffin or Rich Franklin? Should be some good fights!

PsychoMike
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 06:32 AM
its either goign to end quick in the vitor silva fight or not be very exciting. and I want griffin to win, but I see franklin winnign by tko

~Barn~
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
We haven't had too many looks at "the new" Vitor, since his return to the UFC. Yes, he dispatched Rich very quickly, but it wasn't one of those performances where you can really tell a lot from it.

Since Vitor's strength is his explosive striking though, expect Silva to be on the defensive, and fight from the outside. Vitor needs to take a page out of Sonnen's playbook and press-press-press.... He doesn't have the wrestling that's likely to control Silva like Chael did, but if he can keeps Silva continually defensive and worried about both strikes and the clinch/G&P game, it may create an opening to crack him and hurt him. And if he senses that Silva is hurt, Belfort is one of the most cold blooded finishers in the game.

As far as Forrest and Rich goes, I'm just mildly bummed that one of them has to lose (assuming no draw). But I am excited to see it. They both have a lot riding on this fight, and knowing their styles, it's likely to be a FOTN candidate. :up:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
FOTN??? Freak of the Nature? Friends of the night? Fight of two ninjas? Or my personal favorite... Flight of the navigator!!! :lol:

Oh yeah, my money is on Guida :D

bulldog
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I am pretty excited over the Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader fight on that card! That one is going to be hard to call.

FOTN??? Freak of the Nature? Friends of the night? Fight of two ninjas? Or my personal favorite... Flight of the navigator!!! :lol:

Oh yeah, my money is on Guida :D

So how much you want to bet Travis that Guida does not get a win that night??? :lol:

mathman1000
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
It depends on Vitor's stamina to last 5 rounds....... I hope he knocks out Silva, or just beats his ass into the mat for 5 rounds.

~Barn~
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I am pretty excited over the Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader fight on that card! That one is going to be hard to call.

Yes! This one is my most anticipated fight of the whole card. I'm a big Jones guy (and want him to win), but Bader has been slaying everybody just as Jon has been. This fight could easily be a headliner in my book. :yes:

usmcab35
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
not sure who will take it but it will be a good fight..

675Rider
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I missed Silva's fight with Sonnen, I heard he put him through his paces some. I just want to see Silva at least be pressured, challenged and bloody. I havent seen Belfort in quite awhile, from his highlights he looks like someone who constantly presses. Silva is a great fighter but Id have to say I want to see him lose, just to mix things up even. I like both Forrest and Franklin too, cant call or have a favorite on that one.

~Barn~
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Bump it!

If anybody needs a place to watch it tonight, hit me up. Arapahoe Rd. and Potomac.

675Rider
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Fights ended up pretty much as expected. I was hoping Vitor would press Silva more, but theres no coming back from a kick like that. Surprised he even remained conscious. I thought the Griffin Franklin fight would be more eventful.

bulldog
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Fights ended up pretty much as expected. I was hoping Vitor would press Silva more, but theres no coming back from a kick like that. Surprised he even remained conscious. I thought the Griffin Franklin fight would be more eventful. Here is the kick
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/537977/anderson-silva-front-kick-vitor-belfort1_medium.gif

And guess who taught Silva this kick....Steven Seagal!! if you were watching the fights you would have seen that Seagal was one of the people that walked out with Silva.

Upon seeing that, you may find yourself asking "Where did Anderson Silva learn to snap front kicks to MMA fighters' faces? The answer is, of course, Steven Seagal, for some reason (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/6/1977954/ufc-126-video-steven-seagal-talks-about-teaching-anderson-silva-that).

[Seagal] I've learned sort of a variation of that [Front Kick] in Japan, probably 30, 40 years ago, and I've been perfecting it all these years. It's not exactly cut out there, it's just something that I created that's a little bit different. I thought Anderson could learn well because he's sort-of a natural born athlete, has very quick hands and feet, and his kicks are good to begin with. So I started teaching him kicks that I thought he could really hurt people with.
In practice, he was knocking other people out with body shots, and at that point I knew he was going to start making these kicks work.
So it turns out combining Steven Seagal with Anderson Silva in reality creates an even scarier fighter than Seagal is in his movies. Good luck with that, Silva opponents.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/6/1977954/ufc-126-video-steven-seagal-talks-about-teaching-anderson-silva-that