PDA

View Full Version : D/S Ride Saturday 1/29/11

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 07:55 AM
OK D/S freaks. There is a Dual Sport ride out of Deckers this Saurday.
Meet @ the Deckers store @10:30. 11:00 AM gassed up and ready to fall down.
All bikes will need to be plated.
Gonna see if we can get over to Lake George and back via dirt.
It will be in the high 40s so dress warm.
It will probably have snow and ice in spots.
We might have to amend the route if to bad.
Most of the route is maintained and unmaintained forest service roads, so nothing to technical, except the afformentioned ice and snow.
See anybody crazy enough to show then and there.:rock:

Vehicle 1
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM
:yes:

Unless something pops up, I'm going to try and make it... Do you have an estimate on how long it will take?

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Yes, this ride will get you back to Denver/C Springs by 5, or before dark.
We should be off the dirt and back to Deckers by 3ish. I really dont feel like freezing after the sun goes down, and will route accordingly. See you there, I will be on a White CRF.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
tempted - but was planning on going to the bike show/swap meet.

you running studs?

Vehicle 1
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Sounds good, I'll be on the KTM...

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
tempted - but was planning on going to the bike show/swap meet.

you running studs?

you can alway's hit the swap meet on sunday, I doubt anything you would want will be sold out from my limited experiances with those type events.

I don't feel a need for studs, we are going to try and avoid ice and snow, but it is expected up there, but looking @ the weather cam in Woodland Park, most of the snow is gone except in the shady area's. As with anything unknown, we wont truely know till we get there.

Bueller, hey Bueller, you out there???

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
not planning on picking up a leather vest or anything. Limited play time and the wife is working Saturday so I had plans to ride the VFR down to the Denver show.

Haven't been to Deckers before. The Google machine reports 2hrs and 20minutes drive for me. I'm assuming there must be somewhere decent to park a truck if I wanted to load up and ride down in warm comfort?

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Pretty sure I am in, or at least meet up at deckers... Here is the route (I think) from S Denver. I tried to post it but I couldn't so I am just going to link it.

http://www.5280dualsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=637

Bueller
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Bueller, hey Bueller, you out there???
Don't think I'll make this, at IMI right now doing circles on the baby ninja

Matty
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry Basher, not this time.

sloridr
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Anyone who rides a ktm to this shindig is a fag. I'm only jealous cuz I'm on a boat! Have fun and be safe guys!!!

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm leaning toward this. Again, anyone know about parking a truck and unloading rather than trying to ride all the way from f'n Nebraska (Fort Collins)?

Ricky
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Plenty of places to park in Deckers... Just don't park in front of the tackle shop, lol.

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'm leaning toward this. Again, anyone know about parking a truck and unloading rather than trying to ride all the way from f'n Nebraska (Fort Collins)?

Assuming I am going (I will know later tonight)...If you want to you can leave your truck in Sedalia and ride with us to deckers... There's is a parking lot right before the second set of train tracks.

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Parking is not an issue, all the others have pretty much summed the situation. You can always park on the side of the highway in Deckers like all the fishermen worse case, or best, depending on how you look @ it.
I am going to try and be there by 10:30. I might roll up Rampart Range from the Springs so dont hold me to it. see you people tomorrow, it looks to be great weather.
later,
Bash

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Don't think I'll make this, at IMI right now doing circles on the baby ninja

Sweet! catch you next round.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I'm in. Packing and loading up now. Will be a gray Dodge 2500 diesel and a yellow/white DR650

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I'm out. Plans fell through (broken car).

Bashed
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'm in. Packing and loading up now. Will be a gray Dodge 2500 diesel and a yellow/white DR650

Sweet, see you in the morning @ Deckers.

I'm out. Plans fell through (broken car).

Sorry Greg, catch you on the next one. Plenty of season to ride, hell it's not even Feb yet.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Looks like three of us? Looking forward to it!

Vehicle 1
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Anyone who rides a ktm to this shindig is a fag. I'm only jealous cuz I'm on a boat! Have fun and be safe guys!!!

:gay:

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM
The three guys who bailed should have stayed to see me dump it 3x in like the last 12 miles. The last stretch was a blast with at least a half dozen creek crossings. Can't wait to see the video.

Thanks for putting it together Bash! Looking forward to next time.

Vehicle 1
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
The snow was tricky, but it was a blast today.

Bashed
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Hey guy's, thanks for showing all the others how lame they are. Dirt riding in January, not for those guys. I think they even got a post going on how thier mangina feelings are sore, from not actually riding. Good day today, no broken bones, just a couple muddy side panels. It was great to get out and dust some of the winter cobwebs off and spin some tires in the dirt.
Till the next one.....

Matty
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
shredding in t-shirt weather up in the mountains in January was pretty rad as well.

Glad y'all had fun.

modette99
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM

tecknojoe
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
shredding in t-shirt weather up in the mountains in January was pretty rad as well.

Glad y'all had fun.

this. it was a hell of a day at breck. Maybe D/S ride to ski resort ride next time