PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years Ago Today

dirkterrell
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM
These brave souls lost their lives pushing back the boundaries of the human species.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg/750px-Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg

Godpseed Ellison, Christa, Greg, Judy, Mike, Dick and Ron.

bornwildnfree
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
RIP

mathman1000
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I remember watching that live on TV. Hopefully the human spirit never looses it's drive for exploration. RIP

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I remember watching that live on TV. Hopefully the human spirit never looses it's drive for exploration. RIPWe've already lost it. I have friends who think NASA is a complete waste of time. I want to punch them in the head every time they say that!!!

Rather than create the next generation X-box or spend billions on ridiculous wars, I would love to see most of our time and money spent on space exploration.

When we're camping in the mountains and you can see the glow of the arms in the Milky Way, I just sit back in my chair and stare at the sky, wondering!!...

mathman1000
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
When we're camping in the mountains and you can see the glow of the arms in the Milky Way, I just sit back in my chair and stare at the sky, wondering!!...

Yeah, wondering who is out there looking back at our sun thinking Wow, I wonder what's out there.

I hope when we find fossils on Mars the public gets to hear about it.

dirkterrell
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I hope when we find fossils on Mars the public gets to hear about it.

See ALH 84001. Believe me, NASA will crow loud and far anytime anything even remotely close to evidence of extraterrestrial life is discovered.

Dirk

mathman1000
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM
See ALH 84001. Believe me, NASA will crow loud and far anytime anything even remotely close to evidence of extraterrestrial life is discovered.

Dirk

I wish I could share your certainty, but if a person is inclined to believe some of the stories about area 51 and how forthcoming our government is about extraterrestrial events then we'll never know.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
When I was in high school in central Florida, they would take us up on the roof whenever there was a shuttle launch. I watched the Challenger go up that day. From our vantage point we couldnt tell anything happened. The exhaust plume just stopped and we thought that it was because the shuttle had left the atmosphere. It wasnt until we went back down in the classroom that we saw on TV what had happened.

modette99
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 02:12 PM