PDA

View Full Version : Contract iPhone App Builder

Joe
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I need to get a quote for my company to develop a simple app for the iphone.

It will involve a barcode scanner and Excel data entry.

If anybody has experience and wants to discuss this, please let me know.

I think there was somebody on here that built an app recently, but I could not find it in the search. I'll blame it on the crash.

My work email:
jmcanally at intertechplastics dot com

Thanks.

Ricky
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I love my iPhone, but development with Objective-C and XCode, makes me want to kill Steve Jobs. It's not a pleasurable development environment, and I give props to those who enjoy it.

Good luck finding someone. Unfortunately, I don't know a single person that knows Objective-C

rforsythe
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say I enjoy developing in Obj-C, but I've seen worse. They've at least tried to create an environment that is integrated across their product line. Trying to do some iphone dev right now and it has its annoying points, but isn't as terrible as I was expecting.

birchyboy
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
I know a guy in Denver that specializes in iPhone apps. Let me track down his contact info and I'll PM you with it.

Joe
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you.
I think I might have found a way around building something new...

Using a QR Code generator, along with GoogleDocs, I might have solved my problem.

I've spent 2 years trying to figure out a solution to this, and Google had it all along.

All Hail Google!

~Barn~
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
One of Tanya's coworkers has a husband that makes apps. I just don't remember if it's for the iPhone platform though, or for Android. :think:

I'll double check though and if it's the former, I'll post back up.

Joe
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the assistance Barn and Birch...
My coworker and I were able to use the quiet in the office yesterday morning to figure out how to make our phones do what we needed.

Problem solved.

~Barn~
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
:up:

birchyboy
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
:up:

+1

~Barn~
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Turns out my guy was a 'Droid coder anyway. Alas...