PDA

View Full Version : New York City

Wrider
Sat Jan 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
So Mom's decided she wants to take the family to NYC over Spring break. Sooo what kind of motorcycle things are out there in NYC that I can check out?

jbnwc
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Well there's the daily taxi-dodging competitions.

Sarge
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Isn't NY the only other state besides California that allows lane splitting?

cbrjohnny
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 08:17 AM
subway and walking is the only way around ny make sure you have good footwear maybe some insoles! youll walk miles and miles a day there...

Matty
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Isn't NY the only other state besides California that allows lane splitting?

California is the only state that allows it.

Think
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
California is the only state that allows it.
Pretty sure New Jersey does too.

Matty
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure New Jersey does too.

No... Just California.

Wrider
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
California is the only state in which the law explicitly states that lane splitting is legal, whereas most states have explicitly outlawed it.

Now... Who has more NYC suggestions?

Canuck
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Well there's the daily taxi-dodging competitions.

:imwithstupid:

Get an MTA pass (1,3,or 7 day) and take the subway everywhere. Maybe the occasional bus. It's the best and most practical way to get around the five boroughs. It's an old system, but it's safe and will get you anywhere you need to go within a few blocks.
And stay away from Times Square. It's a tourist trap Hell that's owned by Disney.
Yes I'm biased, because I LOVE Brooklyn.

Canuck
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 07:59 AM
BTW, if you want to try some of the best pizza evah? Go to Johns pizzeria in NYU-the original (278 Bleecker St New York,‎ New York) or one of their branches at (260 W 44th St
New York,‎ New York).
You won't be disappointed.

aerofaze
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 08:04 AM
+1 for Canuck's subway suggestion. Been to NYC 3 times and I have found the subway to be nothing other than safe and convenient.

Though I wouldn't recommend Times Square either, it's worth a walkthrough if you've never been and you're willing to experience sensory overload. Just don't eat or shop there- WAY better places in other areas to spend $$.

Sparker
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Ive been to nyc a lot. One time I was there, there was an 05+ speed triple riding down 6th ave near 54th with dual high mount migs, sounded like sex, dirty hot sex. Bought a speed triple when I got back!

Not too sure on mc related stuff but you can rent scooters in a few places and I would totally rock one, just dont ride in the bus lane! Hop on the staten island ferry and go tour a lil of staten island. Few years back they used to let you ride them on Governers island too.

If you want to take the subway and have an iphone, download kickmap, by far the best nyc subway map and you wont look like a total tourist. After a day or two on the subway you will learn how it works pretty well.

Also if this is your first time going, it sounds stupid, but do the double decker tour of the city. You will learn so much about it and will make a LOT of memories and you will see places you otherwise wouldnt go to.

Been to a lot of steak places there, but by far the best in my opinion is Keens Steakhouse on 6th and 36th.

Awsome Cuban place is Rincon De Espana, they will hand roll their own cigars downstairs with some good live music from time to time. Also its right by washington square park, which is worth seeing.

Check out the south street sea port too, few good breweries and good views of some of the bridges and brooklyn. Also chelsea is a place in growth with a lotta good places to relax and eat.

A lot of this is very tourist crap but if its your first time, they are worth seeing.

Sparker
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Also, best bagel, 1101 Bagel corp. Think its on like 77th and 4th or 5th right next to a subway stop. Hop off, hop on. Dont waste ur time with H&H bagels. Again, my opinions, some will disagree.