PDA

View Full Version : AMA Supercross

Matrix
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Anybody keeping up with the season so far? In both the supercross and the lites class their is some amazing racing! Villopoto seems extra motivated this year and Stewart is riding like he was before he broke himself last year. I know its only race 3 of 17, but you can already see a close race to the finish.

I won't go as far to spoil the results for those of you that havent watched, but the SC race today was one of the best I have seen in a long time. :rock:

http://assets.racerxonline.com/content/1221_dianna-dahlgren-3_400.jpg

FZRguy
Sun Jan 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I follow SX and was at the St Louis race (pic) when RV crashed. Was gonna try to go to the Dallas race, but looks like we may road trip it to Vegas for the finale.

longrider
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 08:01 AM
This year has been some of the best racing in a long time, I am hoping and I think it will stay that way to the end. While there is no way I can take time off in April or May, hopefully next year I can take my January vacation - head to Anaheim taking the bike with me, watch the race, ride Cali canyons for a week then come home through Phoenix

vort3xr6
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 09:57 AM
I was at round 1 in Anaheim and it was awesome. Good season thus far.

McVaaahhh
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 10:31 AM
I was at Round 2 in Phoenix. Definitely worth the trip, great racing!

DW
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hell yeah, me and my gf went to Vegas last year. We were unfortunately more hungover than planned, but still had a great time. We've been sitting on the edge of our couch every race this year.

The competition is fierce with Bubba, Reed, and RV all hungry to make up for last season's injuries. Canard is doing well for his first full 450 season. I'd like to see Dungey prove he can win against the best, but he better start kicking it in high gear from the gate drop. We are already wishing we were going to vegas again this year, but maybe next.

If you haven't been watching it, you gotta check it out this season. And Amen to the SX chics. :rock:

Buddau
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM
That was a great race here at Denver.

Sean
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
I went to the arenacross race last weekend. It was bad-ass! :rock:

Stank Juic3
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Go Stewart! nuff said

DW
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 03:46 PM
oh man, Dungey. I won't spoil it, but in 3 years of watching every SX race, I have never seen that happen. That sucks.

Matrix
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
oh man, Dungey. I won't spoil it, but in 3 years of watching every SX race, I have never seen that happen. That sucks.

Agreed. Pretty random for sure. Some good crashes this race. Makes me cringe everytime...but I can't stop watching.
:yay:

FZRguy
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah, that's a bummer for RD. Stewart is gonna be hard to beat......go RV!

Matrix
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I missed a good portion of the race but I managed to see the clip of the rider getting used as a landing pad by Stewart. Damn that had to hurt. :o

This is the worst track I have seen. That first turn was BS. A major crash there was bound to happen.

Vid: http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Stewart-at-Houston-2011SX,2333/txmxer,546

DW
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Dang, that race was crazy. Bubba went down twice, crazy how things change from one race to the next. That sucked for Windham too.

FZRguy
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Would have liked to see K-Dub win this one. Hope he's okay.

longrider
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I remember an interview a few years ago with a track designer complaining that the 450s were getting so good that it would get to the point that to make a track challenging to the riders the track would be dangerous. It looks like that time might have come. I have no idea how to fix this, stadiums wont get bigger and the bikes wont get slower...

Stank Juic3
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Still plenty of season left C'MON STEWART

Matrix
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Congrats to Colorado's own Eli Tomac for his Lites win! Nothing like a good rain race to create a different type of racing. :up:

Matty
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Congrats to Colorado's own Eli Tomac for his Lites win! Nothing like a good rain race to create a different type of racing. :up:

I was a fan of his dad back in my Mountain Bike days...

Matrix
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Time to resurrect this. The past two weeks have been fantastic racing. They are talking about last week's race being one of the best ever! And that crash tonight! Holy cow! I won't give it away for those of you who DVR'd it but :jawdrop:. I would be on a stretcher if that happened.
This has got to be one of the best race series to watch regardless if you’re a dirt fan or not. The racing is incredible. :rock:

DW
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Holy crap is right! What a freakin race tonight! Another crazy one. I won't spoil it either, but dang, what a season. :rock:

FZRguy
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Another live show from Indy on Saturday night (5:30 MT). Followed by Daytona Superbike racing. The Daytona 200 airs at 11AM. Gonna be hard to get anything done on Sat!

DW
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
That was an interesting Daytona 200 for sure.

Another good SX race weekend. Dang, Bubba was all over the place on this one.

Matrix
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Just finished watching this week race. Fastest guy on the track has failed to win a lot this year. :wtf:

FZRguy
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:58 PM
It's RV's series to lose at this point. James and Chad are just one race behind.

Matrix
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I must admit...I was all smiles when Stewart took out Reed (even if it was an accident). Its anyones championship at this point with only 5 races to go. :w00t:

FZRguy
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
You guys get down to Performance on Saturday and place your bets. Pick the top six finishers (plus tie breakers) for $5....winner takes the pot!