PDA

View Full Version : seat cowl

veteran_80
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 11:49 AM
Just bought a seat cowl for a k5 gsxr 600... Bought it used and it did not come with hardware just the plastic. I was wondering if i can take the hardware off of the seat it is to replace and use it for the cowl? Basically does it match up. I would just check myself but the bike is in storage for the winter and not near me right now. Keep it in a buddies garage during winter since I live in an apt... thx in advance!

OUTLAWD
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
on my K3 the seat and cowl brackets are different. With some imagination I'm sure you could make them work though

SaShWhO
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
or spend the money on OEM rather than egay sheit!!

Sully
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 02:50 PM
^ :spit:

veteran_80
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Thx outlaw. hopefully i can figure out something.

Unfortunately sash I'm just a blue collar construction worker and former military vet. Neither of which made me a whole lotta cash... Not to mention my blood sucking ex wife haha. Soooo pockets are not as deep as some so i gotta spend within my means which means i usually get second pick so my kids can get the first, and regret it none...

Sully
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 04:42 PM
I apologize Veteran, I was only laughing at Sash. I completely understand only being able to afford what you can for you bike. Best of luck getting it rigged up!

veteran_80
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Oh no offense taken... Just thought id explain why im such a tight ass... haha

SaShWhO
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Being a Vet and single father of three boys myself I understand your situation very well.
However, I've found out the hard and in the end often more expensive way that some bike accesories are best bought OEM.
This being one of the said items.
Welcome to the CSC btw:)

veteran_80
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thx for the insight. Still learning as I go... Just figured goin cheaper on something cosmetic like a seat cowl wouldnt bite me in the end, but from the sound of it youve already learned this lesson. Thx for the welcome to this sight. Ive done more reading than posting as im still a noob, but any advise is appreciated...

SaShWhO
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM
bring yourself and your kiddos to this:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37655

Panman06
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM
Just bought a seat cowl for a k5 gsxr 600... Bought it used and it did not come with hardware just the plastic. I was wondering if i can take the hardware off of the seat it is to replace and use it for the cowl? Basically does it match up. I would just check myself but the bike is in storage for the winter and not near me right now. Keep it in a buddies garage during winter since I live in an apt... thx in advance!

Just checked my K7 and the hardware is interchangeable. (between seat and cowl) Not 100% sure if there were any changes between K5 and K7. I think you're good to go though.

bulldog
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Thx for the insight. Still learning as I go... Just figured goin cheaper on something cosmetic like a seat cowl wouldnt bite me in the end, but from the sound of it youve already learned this lesson. Thx for the welcome to this sight. Ive done more reading than posting as im still a noob, but any advise is appreciated... My advice is to hell with buying mods for a bike and spend the money on some courses to learn advanced riding techniques...best way to make a bike faster and riding safer.

P.S. Don't listen to Sasha, he is the type to pay an extra $2k on a pretty Repsol paintjob that adds no HP. ;) :lol: JK, Sasha, we all love your Repsols :D

Sully
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
:lol: Duct tape always works! :D

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
+1 on duct tape...

bulldog
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
I would put my vote for Velcro, so you can at least take it off and on still :lol:

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
^^ fancy pants..

OUTLAWD
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
My advice is to hell with buying mods for a bike and spend the money on some courses to learn advanced riding techniques...best way to make a bike faster and riding safer.

werd...I think the only mods I have purchased for the gixxer before it turned race bike were better tires, stomp grip pads and a brembo MC.