PDA

View Full Version : Editor/Technical Writer in COS

aerofaze
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
My company (ITT the defense contractor, not ITT Technical Institute) is looking for a technical writer. Details below. You can let me know or apply on your own. Thanks. ~Sarah

http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=591&ji=2518435&sn=A

Title: Editor
Value Center: ITT Systems Corporation
Req Number: SD-HQ-21666
Position Description:
Responsible for reviewing, editing, publishing, and maintaining documents such as technical proposals, company newsletters, brochures, user's manuals, and reference manuals.

MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Reviews and edits complex deliverable technical documents at various stages of development and ensures compliance with governing directives. (70%)
a. Assists in the development, preparation, and review of technical proposals, user's manuals, and technical manuals.
b. Reviews rough drafts and provides suggestions for improving clarity and readability.
c. Applies ITT Systems Style Guide standards to documents in final editing stage before proposal submittal.

2. Interfaces with various groups within the organization in the coordination and preparation of edited documents for publications. (5%)

3. Interfaces with various groups within the organization to ensure that final products meet all required specifications and contractual requirements. (5%)

4. Assists in the preparation and review of training course and/or maintenance materials. (5%)

5. Participates in the development of editing standards and styles for the documentation department and the interpretation of Government specifications and standards. (10%)

6. Performs other related duties as required. (5%)

MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer platforms include PCs. Other equipment used includes but is not limited to: optical character recognition (OCR) scanners, copiers, and laser printers. Software applications used includes but is not limited to:

' Microsoft Word ' Microsoft Excel
' Adobe Acrobat ' Microsoft Outlook

(Note: Proficiency will be maintained on new releases of software through formal training programs)

WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Works in a general office environment. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of proposal production. May require Overtime hours at night or on weekends prior to proposal submittal.

Experience Requirements:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years of related experience required. Formal training or experience in writing is a plus.

Experience: Requires experience in technical writing or editing, preferably within the defense contracting field and/or engineering field. Experience interpreting Government document standards is a plus. Experience in the defense contracting environment preferred.

SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret (as necessary'may not be required)

Graphite675
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Do have any idea of the pay range for this position? My wife may be interested, it's right up her alley. You can pm me if you don't want to post the info.

Thanks.

aerofaze
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Good question, I don't know. You'll get a PM from me shortly.

aerofaze
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
So here's what I found out after asking my division's HR person:

1) It is an hourly, non-exempt position

2) No idea how much it pays as this position was posted by the ITT Systems Division, which is different from my AES Division. Therefore, even my HR person does not know the pay grade or have details since the company's divisions are all set up differently.

Corporate world... Sorry I don't have more information, people.
~ Sarah