PDA

View Full Version : PS3/GT5 Gift-A-Car Thread

Ghost
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Just a thought, but what if we started a Gift-A-Car Thread?

GT5 allows you to "gift" any car you have to a friend (one gift/day).
This means you can give any car in your garage to anyone you have a PSN for.

And, if you were to back-up your game to a thumb-drive or external device, then you could gift the car to a friend, then restore your game and not even lose your car.

So, any interest in pooling our collective garages to help anyone who's lacking something?

If so, then just post up what you need and if someone can help, they can reply with what they have and/or let you know it's been gifted.

You could say you need something specific (Toyota 7 Race Car '70), something broad (LM Car, Touring Car, NASCAR Car), or something generic ("Something to beat Race X") and your PSN.

We can all gift one car per PSN per day, but while that doesn't seem like a lot, as a collective we could help fill everyone's garage with a slew of (needed) cars.

Thoughts?

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:14 AM
I've been doing this for a while. Here's My Garage (http://www.mygranturismo.net/5041) if anyone needs anything. I need to update it with my latest cars.

PSN: WickRS

bulldog
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
See I knew you guys were cheating to get your levels so high :lol:

Well I may as well join because I am on a difficult race and my fully moded Mclaren F1 can do the race, but one mistake and I have to start over.

I could use some type of race car like the Toyota 88C-V 89' Minolta or an equivelent since I think I actually win this on the level 21 "Win Like The Wind" race I am on. You guys probably know the best cars.

I have never done any gifting, but I have seen the option, so let me know if I can give the car back or what. Thanks!!!!

PS3 Tag: bulldog247- (don't forget the "-" at the end)

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Not cheating to get higher levels, just not spend any money when buying a car. :D You still have to race the races.

Nate, I have the Minolta, I can send it to you tonight.

bulldog
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Not cheating to get higher levels, just not spend any money when buying a car. :D You still have to race the races.

Nate, I have the Minolta, I can send it to you tonight. Well in a way I consider it cheating since you are able to get a better car before you really deserve it, but really this game is so time intensive it doesn't really matter. Plus some of these care are really overpriced and you get jipped to sell them. I have over 2million and still can't afford a decent race car.

Thanks Wicky, the Minolta or an equivalent I would prefer since I am pretty sure I will win the Minolta on the race I need it for. If not I am more than happy with the Minolta. I have cars to give too, but I doubt anything you need since I am way behind...

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I didn't start duping until I had 10 million credits. I REALLY wanted the Audi R10, and wasn't planning on using it, I just wanted it. So that's when I started it. Now, if I send someone a car, I'll back up my save, then send the car, and then overwrite my save data, so I'll still have the car. I only dupe a car if it's REALLY expensive. I'm trying to save 20million so I can start duping all the colors of the X2010. I already have the Red Bull Vettel, just want the cool colored ones now.

bulldog
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I didn't start duping until I had 10 million credits. I REALLY wanted the Audi R10, and wasn't planning on using it, I just wanted it. So that's when I started it. Now, if I send someone a car, I'll back up my save, then send the car, and then overwrite my save data, so I'll still have the car. I only dupe a car if it's REALLY expensive. I'm trying to save 20million so I can start duping all the colors of the X2010. I already have the Red Bull Vettel, just want the cool colored ones now. How are you backing up your saves? I imagine there is an option to save it to a USB drive or something?

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Get a USB flash drive, make sure it's formatted to FAT32. Above the actual game icon, there's a save game data folder, go in there, find your GT5 save data, click triangle, go to copy, and it will bring up your USB drive. Copy to there.

Go to the game, do what you need to do, quit the game, go to the flash drive, triangle, copy, it will ask if you want to replace the old data, click yes. Go back to the game and you will still have the car.

If you want to get fancy, create a 2nd account, and you can send cars there to send back to yourself without spending any money, using the save data trick. Down side is, you can only gift 1 car per day. Server reset is at 5pm our time.

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Sounds confusing, but it's not.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Dang. That's pretty neat. I need to go buy me a PS3. All I have is a Xbox 360... :(

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Do eeeeet.

bulldog
Fri Feb 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Sounds confusing, but it's not.
No, I got it thanks :D

Dang. That's pretty neat. I need to go buy me a PS3. All I have is a Xbox 360... :( You should man! If anything the Bluray and option to stream Bluray files from your PC (.mkv files) is worth it alone. I got tired of my Xbox 360 breaking and not able to stream HD .mkv's....

Ghost
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I've not bothered to duplicate anything yet, would need an alt account and I'm not sure it's worth it since a lot of the good cars that you win you can't sell, and even the ones you can sell tend to be worth 10% of what you paid (or so it seems). But, the buy $5M car, send, reset would've saved me a TON of money pissed down the drain...Oh well...maybe I will make that alt account someday...

Really, what pisses me off most is the money grind, it's so like WoW that I find it annoying to grind you ass off in races to get money only to tap a wall (or have your bot do it in B-Spec) and cost you $500,000 in engine PLUS $500,000 in chassis damages...really needs to be a way to turn off/down damage in GT mode for "casual" gamers...

Anyway, if anyone can help here's my list:

Wanted:
Formula Gran Turismo
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (or Gran Turismo GT Test Car, something to beat the American Series in Extreme)
Jensen 2J (vacuum car)
Non-Yellow/Babyshit/Mustard colored Furai Concept (have Yellow if anyone wants it)
22b
RedBull X1

Have:
Yellow/Babyshit/Mustard colored Furai Concept
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Citroen GT Race Car Concept
RM '70 Challenger R/T
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
NASCRAP Toyota
Caddy Cien
Dodge Viper ACR
'99 WRC WRX/STI Coupe
..."my" STI (AW "05" STI Spec-C {we'd call it an 06 over here})

PSN: SteelCoyote

Mother Goose
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I have all your wanteds except the 2J. ;) The American Series, I used the 09 Corvette RM, worked like a charm. I'll add you and send you one tonight.

Ghost
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I have all your wanteds except the 2J. ;) The American Series, I used the 09 Corvette RM, worked like a charm. I'll add you and send you one tonight.

Awesome, thanks man!

I've been using the Cien or the Viper ACR for the American Series, but can't get past 4th place.

That Chaparral 2J annoys the shit out of me, it's in like 90% of the races, and usually does fairly well. Stupid cheater car, I can see why it got banned. :p

Ghost
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
The Vette rocks, won the American Series, thanks man!

Swift
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I need to get back on. I've been messing around on Forza with my xbox buddies for the past week or so.

Cars I have are all modified garage cars mostly. RX7 FD which I tuned for drifting, E92 M3 which has no specific purpose, Z4 Convertible. I think I'm probably missing something but that's pretty much all I have.

PSN: Tweak_Demon

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Myself and some other guys play on Tuesday nights at 6:30, if anyone is interested. We change the car every week, but the specs stay the same. This week is the R35 GTR 07 (not the V-Spec)

Here's the tuning rules...

Tuning Shop:
Body: ANYTHING GOES!!! (weight reduction 1 2 and 3, hood, glass, stiffening)
Motor: tune 1 2 and 3, NO OTHER POWER MODS!!!
Exhaust: Cat delete, NOTHING ELSE
Intake: Race Filter, NOTHING ELSE
Turbo: NOTHING!
Drivetrain: ANYTHING GOES!!!
Transmission: ANYTHING GOES!!
Suspension: ANYTHING GOES!!!
Tires: Medium Race

GT Auto:
ANYTHING GOES!!!
Oil Change: OK
Paint: OK (encouraged!)
Wheels: OK
Painted Wheels: OK
Aero: OK (anything available)
Rebuilds: OK

bulldog
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I have all your wanteds except the 2J. ;) The American Series, I used the 09 Corvette RM, worked like a charm. I'll add you and send you one tonight. Thanks for the Minolta you sent man, helped a lot.

I'll take another car so send me your best and fastest :D Formula Gran Turismo???

Of course if there is anything you saw of my cars you would want let me know!

I'll see if I get home from the gym tomorrow in time to join you guys, but usually don't get home till 7pm, but I will see if you guys are one if I can get home early.

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Glad I can help you guys out.

Nate, we usually play until 9 or 10. Most of the guys are east coast, so it gets pretty late for them on a school night. I'm the one that opens a private room in my lounge, so when you get home, go to the community tab, click on my name, then go to my lounge. Make sure you have a headset. :up:

bulldog
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Glad I can help you guys out.

Nate, we usually play until 9 or 10. Most of the guys are east coast, so it gets pretty late for them on a school night. I'm the one that opens a private room in my lounge, so when you get home, go to the community tab, click on my name, then go to my lounge. Make sure you have a headset. :up: I don't have a headset :puppy:

I will work on getting one, but not sure by tomorrow I can.

Swift
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I don't either mainly because I just got my ps3 and gt5 for christmas.

bulldog
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Wicky, this is about the only car I can think of that you may not have since I did the Bday trick to get it. Just trying to pay back the favor :D

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car 1967
http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2009/04/1967-ferrari-330-p4.jpg

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM
^^^^ SICK! I need to check mine today to see what I got. I didn't do the trick, so it'll probably be something dumb. :lol:

A Bluetooth headset works with the PS3, if you have one of those. If not, they have some for $20 @ Walmart or Target.

bulldog
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:52 AM
^^^^ SICK! I need to check mine today to see what I got. I didn't do the trick, so it'll probably be something dumb. :lol:

A Bluetooth headset works with the PS3, if you have one of those. If not, they have some for $20 @ Walmart or Target. GT5 is so bad ass it actually send you a Bday gift! :king:

Yeah you will get a car from the year you were born, so it will probably be one of these (don't ask me what happened to 1975):
1974 - S Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car 1974
1974 - S Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR 1974
1974 - S Triumph Spitfire 1500 1974
1974 - S Lamborghini Countach LP400 1974
1974 - S Jensen Interceptor MkIII 1974
1976 - S Volkswagen Golf I GTI 1976
1976 - P Ferrari 512BB 1976
1977 - S Lancia STRATOS Rally Car 1977

You can always make fake accounts to get bday gifts
http://iwantgamecheats.com/ps3/ps3_granturismo5-cheat-unlimited-free-cars-credits-birthday-trick.html

Nice, I may have a old bluetooth cell phone headset so I will see if that works.

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
So I hate the stupid NASCAR extreme series last race! It is the one that is just a complete oval. I beat all the others ones with no problem, but I guess official NASCAR just isn't my cup of tea. One wrong move and you fall behind and can't catch up....uggh. Of course using the Juan Montoya car (that is my last name. lol)

Next I need to get a stupid "German Touring Car" since I have hundreds of cars in my garage, but not one of those. lol I have heard I can use a Lexus ISF, which puzzles me since thought that was not a German car. What did others use for this race?

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I gave up on the Daytona race, the only race that I have a silver in. Everytime I was up front and doing well, someone would clip me on the 2nd to last lap and I'd have to try and catch up again. So annoying.

I can't remember what I used for that race. I think I used the Astra Touring Car..... :think:

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I gave up on the Daytona race, the only race that I have a silver in. Everytime I was up front and doing well, someone would clip me on the 2nd to last lap and I'd have to try and catch up again. So annoying.

I can't remember what I used for that race. I think I used the Astra Touring Car..... :think: Ok, I feel better then, because it is the only race so far that I cannot get a gold in. Stupid NASCAR needs to stay in it's own section :down:

I will check out the Astra Tourin Car....or if you want to be cool (ok cooler than you already are) you could send me one :D If anything I can save my money then buy a expensive car neither of us have and gift it to you.

jbnwc
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM
. lol I have heard I can use a Lexus ISF, which puzzles me since thought that was not a German car. What did others use for this race?

...this. It's cheaper than the other options and easy to max out and win with.

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
...this. It's cheaper than the other options and easy to max out and win with. Cool, so you have confirmed it will work for that race? I was just nervous to spend the money and not have it work since I always thought Lexus was a Japanese car.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I will check out the Astra Tourin Car....or if you want to be cool (ok cooler than you already are) you could send me one :D If anything I can save my money then buy a expensive car neither of us have and gift it to you.
I actually have the Mercedes CLK Touring Car now too, which is WAY better than the Astra. I'll have to check my "have to send this car" list and see if I can get it to you tonight.

And remember, tonight is the Spec Race night! Using the 2007 Nissan R35 GTR. :D

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I actually have the Mercedes CLK Touring Car now too, which is WAY better than the Astra. I'll have to check my "have to send this car" list and see if I can get it to you tonight.

And remember, tonight is the Spec Race night! Using the 2007 Nissan R35 GTR. :D Thanks Wicky

I did set up my bluetooth headset last night and seemed to work although I never actually tried talking to anyone. Not sure about tonight though as the GF has had to work the last two nights and first night she is off, so thinking I may have to skip it and spend time with her. She usually works on Tuesdays so I will join up with you guys one day for sure though!

Ghost
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I forget where you get it, but you win a DTM touring car from golding one of the races or series. It's the TT Touring Car...might be able to google the trophy car list and find it.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Wicky

I did set up my bluetooth headset last night and seemed to work although I never actually tried talking to anyone. Not sure about tonight though as the BF has had to work the last two nights and first night he is off, so thinking I may have to skip it and spend time with him. He usually works on Tuesdays so I will join up with you guys one day for sure though!
Fixed.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I forget where you get it, but you win a DTM touring car from golding one of the races or series. It's the TT Touring Car...might be able to google the trophy car list and find it.
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1137527p1.html

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
And remember, tonight is hairy men butt plug orgy night! Using the XXXL Butt Plug 2000. :D Fixed

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1137527p1.html I don't see it on this list. Unless it is for Bspec I should have every car for Aspec races I thought.

jbnwc
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Cool, so you have confirmed it will work for that race? I was just nervous to spend the money and not have it work since I always thought Lexus was a Japanese car.

It's definitely Japanese, but I used it without a problem. I think it was $750k to purchase. If you look at the eligible cars for the German race, The ISF Concept racecar is listed with all the German touring cars that cost a lot more and have a lot less power.

bulldog
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
It's definitely Japanese, but I used it without a problem. I think it was $750k to purchase. If you look at the eligible cars for the German race, The ISF Concept racecar is listed with all the German touring cars that cost a lot more and have a lot less power. Thanks! Wierd, but I'll take it.

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Tuesday Spec Race (Feb 15th) is the 2000 RUF RGT that's available in the Online Dealership.

Modification restrictions are the same as last week. (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=541642&postcount=18)

FALCONSEYE
Fri Feb 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
i can use some cars to complete japanese / italian challenges in beginner and amateur b-spec classes.

World Classic Car Series
Light Weight K Cup
Vitz Race:
World Compact Car Race
Japanese Classics

Festival Italia
Tous France
what i have:

modded 370z
totally modded evo 400+hp about 1285 kgs.
somewhat modded mitsubishi 3000gt
some junkies from completing challenges.

we could tag team : i built a car to your specs, gift it to you and you do the same to complete these challenges.

let me know : PS3 > FALC0NSEYE_ (zero instead of O)

McVaaahhh
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
my ps3 ID: mcvaaahhh

I need an older race car for the classics race and a newer race car for the like the wind and other 20+ level races.

Thanks!

bulldog
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 08:42 AM
my ps3 ID: mcvaaahhh

I need an older race car for the classics race and a newer race car for the like the wind and other 20+ level races.

Thanks! If I could figure out the USB save trick I would hook you up. I get the file to copy to the USB, but when I go back to the USB on the PS3 it does not find it and says no files are found. Yet I put it back in my laptop and there is a file. I am kind of scared to mess around too much in fears of losing it all. Maybe Wicky can chime in.

Anyways I am pretty much getting to the point where this game is getting way too long to even play. The Formula Gran Turismo World Championship LV 23 is freakin 20 laps each with no way to save during the middle of a championship. Think there is 6 races, each at least 1/2 hour each....need 3 hours to finish this!!! WTF!! To even get this Formula 1 car is going to take all my money since you never win it (at least anywhere I know of) and the car is about 4.8 million :-(

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:03 AM
If I could figure out the USB save trick I would hook you up. I get the file to copy to the USB, but when I go back to the USB on the PS3 it does not find it and says no files are found. Yet I put it back in my laptop and there is a file. I am kind of scared to mess around too much in fears of losing it all. Maybe Wicky can chime in.
Are you looking for it under the game save folder? If you are looking under video or music, it will tell you there are no files found. You have to make sure you are going under the game folder.

bulldog
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Are you looking for it under the game save folder? If you are looking under video or music, it will tell you there are no files found. You have to make sure you are going under the game folder. I am going under the "game" folder. I go to memory card then USB device, click it and get the message "no titles found". it copied fine over and I see the file on my laptop under a folder title "PS3".

Wicky, did you just buy the Formula One car? I only saw it on the "online dealership" for 4.8 million.

jbnwc
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Bulldog - you will find your USB saved copy in the same folder as your original game copy.(not the USB folder). However, USB will be listed at the top of all your various game save files.

I did the same thing and panicked because I didn't see a GT5 file listed in the USB folder. Don't worry, it's there.

jbnwc
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Anyways I am pretty much getting to the point where this game is getting way too long to even play. The Formula Gran Turismo World Championship LV 23 is freakin 20 laps each with no way to save during the middle of a championship. Think there is 6 races, each at least 1/2 hour each....need 3 hours to finish this!!! WTF!! To even get this Formula 1 car is going to take all my money since you never win it (at least anywhere I know of) and the car is about 4.8 million :-(

ps - If you want make a lot of money, use the Bspec mode. Just let them race in the background while you are watching movies or sleeping or whatever.

bulldog
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Bulldog - you will find your USB saved copy in the same folder as your original game copy.(not the USB folder). However, USB will be listed at the top of all your various game save files.

I did the same thing and panicked because I didn't see a GT5 file listed in the USB folder. Don't worry, it's there. Ok, thanks, I am sure that was the problem then. Yeah I kind of panicked and gave up in fears I would lose it all. :lol:

ps - If you want make a lot of money, use the Bspec mode. Just let them race in the background while you are watching movies or sleeping or whatever. I have been trying to avoid it, but yeah guess it is time to let it play while I am doing other things.

Crazy this Formula One Championship is 20 laps each race......GT3 use to let you save during a championship, but looks like they took out this feature in GT5. :banghead:

jbnwc
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I have been trying to avoid it, but yeah guess it is time to let it play while I am doing other things.
:

I'm only a level 20 Aspec but lvl 27 Bspec because it's easy to let it play by itself and win you money. I don't have problems buying anything now with the exception of the $20mil cars. They just aren't worth it. The $4.5 mil Formula car is worth every penny. Also, when you start doing the Bspec races, make sure you provide them with a car that is vastly better than the competitors. The Bspec drivers are terrible until they gain some experience. I prefer the hotter tempered drivers because they will be more aggressive to get past other cars.

Ghost
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm to the point where it's all just Endurance races left, and I find I don't care enough to bother with them...

I think I might sell my copy of GT5 and go back to Call of Duty and DiRT2...

bulldog
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I'm to the point where it's all just Endurance races left, and I find I don't care enough to bother with them...

I think I might sell my copy of GT5 and go back to Call of Duty and DiRT2... I am in the exact same point. I actually did the first one which took about 1hr 45 mins and didn't even win an Indy car like they did in previous GT for endurance races. Then I saw that you have to do a 4hr race, then 9hr, then two 24 hour races! Seriously who has time to play a video game for 24 hours! Lame

I am already in process of getting it traded for the new Call of Duty.

Ghost, if you or anyone is ever into trading games let me know. I try to do this with many of my friends to save money; doesn't have to be trading forever either. I've been on the board since at least 04 (prior, but lost that signon) so I am not going anywhere and I know most the regulars on here, so I can be trusted.

Swift
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I'm still chipping away at the career.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I've done a couple of the Endurance races. Right now I wait until new Seasonal Events and race online with friends, and do the occasional B-Spec race.

McVaaahhh
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM

I think I might sell my copy of GT5 and go back to Call of Duty and DiRT2...

Dirt 3 comes out in April or May. :hump:

Ghost
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Dirt 3 comes out in April or May. :hump:

Yeah, But Traitor McTurncoat now drives a Ford, so that's kind of a turnoff for me...not that I won't get it anyway...

Ghost, if you or anyone is ever into trading games let me know. I try to do this with many of my friends to save money; doesn't have to be trading forever either. I've been on the board since at least 04 (prior, but lost that signon) so I am not going anywhere and I know most the regulars on here, so I can be trusted.

I'd be willing to trade some games I'm not playing, probably easier than trying to sell them.

I'd be willing to trade out GT5 and probably Dragon Age: Origins for something else...not sure what...maybe The Force Unleashed I & II

I did the first Endurance Race, then just quit racing and now I just play around buying & building cars then resetting the game to get the money back...until I give up and go play COD instead ;)

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
When you get a chance, share a couple of your B-Spec drivers. If you don't have any, make one. I've been creating B-Spec races online with the new update, so you'll get money, plus experience points by doing nothing. :D

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Doing some online races tonight. Hopefully someone you people will show up. Starting around 6:30, I'll open a private room under my lounge.

bulldog
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Doing some online races tonight. Hopefully someone you people will show up. Starting around 6:30, I'll open a private room under my lounge. Dang, why you always got to do this on my gym days! I do have two entire days I don't go! :lol: Sorry Wick I am going to have to miss this one again; gym then family is in town staying at my house.

Yeah, But Traitor McTurncoat now drives a Ford, so that's kind of a turnoff for me...not that I won't get it anyway...

I'd be willing to trade some games I'm not playing, probably easier than trying to sell them.

I'd be willing to trade out GT5 and probably Dragon Age: Origins for something else...not sure what...maybe The Force Unleashed I & II

I did the first Endurance Race, then just quit racing and now I just play around buying & building cars then resetting the game to get the money back...until I give up and go play COD instead ;)
Didn't see this till now. Yeah I am down to trade some games. I will see what I have and post them up. God of War 3 is the newest one that comes to mind that I have.

King Nothing
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I need this game. And the PS3 to go with it.

Ghost
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I need this game. And the PS3 to go with it.

I'll sell you my copy, but you'd need your own PS3. ;)

McVaaahhh
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM

I'm assuming you're talking about Block, but he kinda had to. Subaru got out of WRC, which I think was really stupid anyway. :banghead:

Dirt2 is hands down the funnest driving game I've ever played. IMO the "feel" is just about perfect and the physics/motion of the cars are awesome!

(( LO LO ))
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I finally picked up a PS3 last weekend along with Kill Zone 3, Capcom vs Marvel, and Little Big Planet 3 (for son.. Lol). Still need to scoop Gran Turismo 5. My tag is: SFC_LOPEZ

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I just picked up a used copy. Working my way through. As soon as I've won every race with an overpowered car to get the trophy's and cars, I'll go back and try to win with evenly matched cars. So how does this gift thing work? Okay, I didn't read the thread yet so maybe it's in here. I'm posting to subscribe.

(( LO LO ))
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM
So I picked up GT5 and MAG today. Would love some cars in my garage. What do I need to do to receive a gifted car?

I`m Batman
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I don't have that much time to play with a kid and a prego wife... I'm at a point where I need fast expensive cars to compete and could use some boost to get me along a little quicker... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could use some race cars like Toyota 7 Race Car '70 or any other "high powered" car that you guys think I would need. The Ferrari F2007 would be nice. :)

Any help would be great. Thank you. I'll see if I can get a list of what I have up. I don't think I have anything that you guys haven't got already.

Here's my tag. Schumi_007_007

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 10:07 AM
So I picked up GT5 and MAG today. Would love some cars in my garage. What do I need to do to receive a gifted car?
Just let us know what you want, I'm sure one of us will have it.

I don't have that much time to play with a kid and a prego wife... I'm at a point where I need fast expensive cars to compete and could use some boost to get me along a little quicker... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could use some race cars like Toyota 7 Race Car '70 or any other "high powered" car that you guys think I would need. The Ferrari F2007 would be nice. :)

Any help would be great. Thank you. I'll see if I can get a list of what I have up. I don't think I have anything that you guys haven't got already.

Here's my tag. Schumi_007_007
Right now, you can only gift cars worth under 1,000,000 credits. So the Ferrari and the Toyota 7 aren't available for gifting.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Just started doing the remote racing with Bob sharing yesterday. Seems to be a good thing. I'm going to retire some of my drivers and setup a bunch at Lv0 if anyone wants to abuse them. PSN: captgoodvibes

King Nothing
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Ok. Everything is in place. PSN ID is buggalo77 Anyone feel free to add me and, of course, send me a car that is faster than my '90 Civic SI.

Ghost
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about Block, but he kinda had to. Subaru got out of WRC, which I think was really stupid anyway. :banghead:

Dirt2 is hands down the funnest driving game I've ever played. IMO the "feel" is just about perfect and the physics/motion of the cars are awesome!

Subaru pulled out of WRC since it's a massive investment that they could no longer afford. Same with a number of former factory teams.

Block was a great draw, and a master showman, but not the best racer--that was Pastrana (who went to Toyota to race NASCAR).

Yeah, it's the "feel" that I like so much in DiRT2, and the fact that I can play it with the controller and never feel like I "NEED" the damn GT5 Wheel or "MUST" spend 24hrs doing a single idiotic race.

I'm definitely burned out on GT5, haven't played it in probably a month, don't miss it...should probably sell it...

I`m Batman
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Anyone got a rally car that I can use in the Rally Special Events (Hard)?
Schumi_007_007

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
We're playing tonight, if anyone wants to join. Gary, maybe you should keep it, and just race us on Tuesday nights. Tuesday is the only day I do any actual racing. The rest is B-Spec, or the occasional Seasonal Event.

(( LO LO ))
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Can someone please send me a BMW M3 GTR or RUF RGT? Also, the Land Rover Range Stormer Concept 04. Thanks!

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Silver the A License and it will give you the Land Rover. I have the other 2, I'll send one at lunch, then the other tonight after the reset.

(( LO LO ))
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Silver the A License and it will give you the Land Rover. I have the other 2, I'll send one at lunch, then the other tonight after the rest.

Thanks man! :bow:

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
M3 should be in your gift box. :up:

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone have a Premium NASCAR they'd be willing to gift until I'm done with the races? I'll give it back asap.

(( LO LO ))
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hey, I friend requested all of you guys on here a few days ago, and my requests are still pending (except Wicky). No one wants to be my Playstation friend??? :( LOL

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Playing tonight online, if anyone's on. Usually open up the room around 6:30.

I`m Batman
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Any one has something that I can use in the GT All Star race and the Historic Race in Expert?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Any one has something that I can use in the GT All Star race and the Historic Race in Expert?

I can share my Minolta and Toyota 7. PSN: captgoodvibes

Edit: shared now. Any other requests?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hey, I friend requested all of you guys on here a few days ago, and my requests are still pending (except Wicky). No one wants to be my Playstation friend??? :( LOL

I added you. Should see a bunch of remote race results in your log every other night or so...

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
So I hate the stupid NASCAR extreme series last race! It is the one that is just a complete oval. I beat all the others ones with no problem, but I guess official NASCAR just isn't my cup of tea. One wrong move and you fall behind and can't catch up....uggh. Of course using the Juan Montoya car (that is my last name. lol)

Next I need to get a stupid "German Touring Car" since I have hundreds of cars in my garage, but not one of those. lol I have heard I can use a Lexus ISF, which puzzles me since thought that was not a German car. What did others use for this race?

Lexus, can be won on B-Spec 4 hour Ring I think...

RV mirror sux in that car.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Playing tonight online, if anyone's on. Usually open up the room around 6:30.

I need a headset but in the next couple weeks... still kinda a n00b but I'm trying to work on my clean racing in other rooms...

I`m Batman
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I can share my Minolta and Toyota 7. PSN: captgoodvibes

Edit: shared now. Any other requests?
Thanks! That definitely helped me out a lot for those 2 events. I didn't even know that you can share cars like that. I don't have any other requests right now because I might not be playing for awhile. It's hard to find time to play these days.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I added you. Should see a bunch of remote race results in your log every other night or so...
I've been doing the same with remote races. I appreciate it, money is good!
:cheers:

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
There's widget that races for you, so you don't have to select drivers all day. I use it while I'm at work.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

King Nothing
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
BTW, I added all yous guys to mah friends list, so, you know, check that.

King Nothing
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I downloaded that widget. Does my PS3 need to be on? Do I have to have the game running or can the system be on home screen?

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Just like the regular remote racing, you need to be in the remote screen on the PS3.

King Nothing
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
this new fangled technology scares me.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
There's widget that races for you, so you don't have to select drivers all day. I use it while I'm at work.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

Yep. Grinder 2.0 is due in a couple days...

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I downloaded that widget. Does my PS3 need to be on? Do I have to have the game running or can the system be on home screen?

In the screen where you select the race, at the bottom is a server icon. click it, turn off the TV, and walk away...

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 11:15 AM
If you leave the TV on, you can watch the races..... if you're really bored. :lol:

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
If you leave the TV on, you can watch the races..... if you're really bored. :lol:

Haha! I do that a lot when I'm trying to get work done. I wish I could select the race remotely. I prefer the LM cars to all others. I do turn it off for my all night grinder sessions, or if I'm out of the house with my laptop and can run the grinder remotely.

Did you reply to my friend request yet? Edit: I see you did.

Grinder 2.0 allows classification of friends into "always", "random", and "never" run in remote. I plan to put everyone on my two motorcycle forums to "always"

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Haha! I do that a lot when I'm trying to get work done. I wish I could select the race remotely. I prefer the LM cars to all others. I do turn it off for my all night grinder sessions, or if I'm out of the house with my laptop and can run the grinder remotely.

Did you reply to my friend request yet?
The Sarthe race gives out the most money, so if I'm actually selecting the races, I do that one.

Yeah, I think I did on Tuesday.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I gotta remember to log out and back on to gran-turismo.com to refresh remote friends more often.

(( LO LO ))
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM
You guys are awesome, woke up this morning with my drivers rich! Thanks Capt, and Batman!

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
In the grinder debug window, you can enter without quotes "preferences.preferredRace.value = 5569;" to run the Sarthe circuit every time. I know it works with the new 2.0 but may work in earlier versions also. To reset it to random, enter the same command with a value of 0. It saves the value you set so you only have to enter it once and days later with multiple start/quit cycles, it is still working perfectly.

And fwiw, on nights I let it run, it does about 21 races...

I`m Batman
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Ya, I had the grinder on most of the weekend. I just checked gran-turismo.com. Thanks LO LO for running the Grinder! I'll be running mine overnight tonight.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Ya, I had the grinder on most of the weekend. I just checked gran-turismo.com. Thanks LO LO for running the Grinder! I'll be running mine overnight tonight.
No problem! I am glad info about Grinder 2.0 was posted. I was running the races manually for awhile! Now it's soooooo easy.
:cheers:

I`m Batman
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 08:17 PM
In the grinder debug window, you can enter without quotes "preferences.preferredRace.value = 5569;" to run the Sarthe circuit every time. I know it works with the new 2.0 but may work in earlier versions also. To reset it to random, enter the same command with a value of 0. It saves the value you set so you only have to enter it once and days later with multiple start/quit cycles, it is still working perfectly.

And fwiw, on nights I let it run, it does about 21 races...

That debug preference thing is awesome! It works. I'm running the grinder again tonight.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Last night I fell asleep trying to race the Nurburgring 4 hour endurance on A-Spec hahaha!!! Woke up to see I was DNF parked on the side of the track with the controller in my hands LOL! FWIW, I don't think I could win it in the RM Golf IV but I was giving it my best shot...

(( LO LO ))
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Last night I fell asleep trying to race the Nurburgring 4 hour endurance on A-Spec hahaha!!! Woke up to see I was DNF parked on the side of the track with the controller in my hands LOL! FWIW, I don't think I could win it in the RM Golf IV but I was giving it my best shot...
Now that's funny... I fell asleep on the menu screen one night with my Turtle Beach headphones on after building up some cars. I guess the soothing music put me to sleep... lol

Out of curiousity, how come when other people run Grinder, my racers aren't picked for long periods of time. I was scrolling through the logs, and saw a bunch of B spec racing going on, but none of my guys were being used. Just curious if it is level specific or random... I hope you guys have some fat bank accounts after I ran Grinder from last night until this afternoon....

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Shit. My grinder is supposed to select your Bobs "always." I'll check the settings again. Maybe I f'd up. Sorry. I have CSC friends and two others on another motorcycle board that should get selected every time. Dangit.

And, new favorite car. Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. That thing dominates every other car except for LM and F1.

I`m Batman
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 06:18 AM
When I run my grinder, I checked my debug log and when it try to reserve your guys, it keep saying that the server refused it eventhough it said that you are available. I have mine set to random and I only have you two on my friends list that have b spec cars available. So your guys should get pick everytime. But when I check the debug log in the morning, I have a bunch of "nobody to race". I assumed that someone else is grinding your guys that's why I couldn't reserve them. I'll run it again tonight.

I`m Batman
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
I have it running right now. It picked up 4 of captgoodvibe drivers and tried to get 4 of your guys and the message says that the server refused it and the race starts. I'll leave it running all day and see what happens.

I`m Batman
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:09 AM
I just checked the GT site checking the live data. Looks like the logs just don't update that often.
But everything seems to be working now (for now). I have 4 of captgoodvibe and 4 LOLO grindin.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Woohoo! Thanks man!