PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Outcome?

64BonnieLass
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
K - nobody else did so I will.

Who's the favorite?

I am personally taking Steelers, but for no reason. I originally made a bet on the underdog three days ago, so Steelers are what I have to root for. I honestly don't even know if the spread has changed from a 3 point game, again listed 3 days ago. Hmmmm.....

Whatcha got?

rybo
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Go Pack go!

Sean
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Green and gold, baby! Viva Wisconsin!!! :rock:

64BonnieLass
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Did anybody else just have a tear in their eye, regarding the spot with Colonel Powell?

Wow!!!! Very touching.

Matty
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Go Chargers!!!!

asp_125
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Go... umm.. Broncos!???

extremepaint
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Mmmm chicken wings

Mother Goose
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Christina needs to learn the words before singing it.

DemonRider
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Got my Special wings, And just watching the commercials this year,,, which one is it they call Cheese Heads? Can't remember,,,??

64BonnieLass
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Well sonafa holy crapin mother of pearl.

I'm not too happy right now. SONOFAMOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DemonRider
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Ya, not looking to good for the Steleers but hey, the commercials are cool, hahahaha!!!!

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Christina needs to learn the words before singing it.
No kidding and she needs to knock that "I'm putting so much soul into this" BS off. That sucked... :down:

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Normally, if Denver isn't in the Super Bowl(yeah I know it's rare). I always go for the AFC team to win(cause I'm an AFC guy). However, I hate the Steelers with such a passion, that I'm more than happy that Green Bay broke it off in them.

Packers :headbang:

Steelers :down:

Keyser Soze
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Fuck yeah!!!!

http://static.technorati.com/10/08/09/15923/Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

Matty
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Half time show sucked and so did the commercials.....

King Nothing
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Fuck yeah!!!!

http://static.technorati.com/10/08/09/15923/Green-Bay-Packers.jpg
this

Keyser Soze
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Half time show sucked and so did the commercials.....

Agreed. That shit was terrible.

FZRguy
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 01:15 AM
You mean you didn't like that chick's (whoever the hell she is) impression of Axl Rose? :lol:

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Fuck yeah!!!!

http://static.technorati.com/10/08/09/15923/Green-Bay-Packers.jpg:imwithstupid:

dirkterrell
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM
You mean you didn't like that chick's (whoever the hell she is) impression of Axl Rose? :lol:

I can't say I've really ever listened to the BEPs, but it didn't sound like she could sing for shit. Is she one of these Autotune "singers" or was this just a case of bad audio setup? The visuals were pretty cool but I wanted to reach for the mute button.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Is she one of these Autotune "singers" or was this just a case of bad audio setup?
Little of column A, little of column B. Their mikes did keep going in & out, but I was impressed with the fact that they were actually singing instead of lip syncing.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I think the halftime show soundboard operator is probably looking for a new job this morning.

Think
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I was working, but I just heard Christina Aguilera's rendition of the national anthem. The Super Bowl is not the time to fuck that song up. Stupid bitch.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
seems kinda mean and hateful. If I'd never made a mistake, I'd throw stones too.

Think
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
seems kinda mean and hateful. If I'd never made a mistake, I'd throw stones too.
My post? That's the Super Bowl. You don't throw in your own rendition of the national anthem accidentally or intentionally. You do it right. If you can't, you let someone else do it.

dirkterrell
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:44 AM
My post? That's the Super Bowl. You don't throw in your own rendition of the national anthem accidentally or intentionally. You do it right. If you can't, you let someone else do it.

It wasn't her "rendition" of it. She wasn't trying to make some statement. She mixed up one line. Big deal. She clearly sang it with the right emotions behind it. Unlike Roseanne...

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Tell that to Nelson with all of his dropped passes. "It's the Superbowl, I don't care if you caught passes all practice long without dropping them, no mistakes allowed!"

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
If you get paid that much money, to sing a patriotic song for 1.5 minutes, at one of the more highly viewed television events, do your fucking job. Act like a professional musician for once in your life. If she screwed up because of being really nervous, I wouldn't care as much, but that's not why. She was to busy wanking (making her voice go up and down in a mind numbing manner) to know the difference.
/rant

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
^^This.

There are songs for embellishment and nuance. The National Anthem is not one of them. If you're going to deviate from Francis Scott Key's sheet music, do it subtly and tastefully or not at all.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
If you get paid that much money

That's pretty much what I said. If you get paid that much money, it should be "off with your head" when you drop a perfectly thrown pass. When you're paid big money, mistakes just aren't allowed any more. Maybe if we just cut a guys finger off right then and there as punishment, people would be more motivated to not fuck up.

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM
There are songs for embellishment and nuance. The National Anthem is not one of them.I'm going to disagree with you here. I think that some embelishment is okay. It's what makes a rendition the artists own. I'm not going to judge her style. It's when you change the foundation of what you are embellishing on, that changes things.

It's made me think about how to reinterpret Jimi's take on the Star Spangled banner.

That's pretty much what I said. If you get paid that much money, it should be "off with your head" when you drop a perfectly thrown pass. When you're paid big money, mistakes just aren't allowed any more. Maybe if we just cut a guys finger off right then and there as punishment, people would be more motivated to not fuck up.But I believe that most of them were trying to do the best they can. I don't know that I would consider the situations an equal comparison?

Think
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
It wasn't her "rendition" of it. She wasn't trying to make some statement. She mixed up one line. Big deal. She clearly sang it with the right emotions behind it. Unlike Roseanne...

Dirk
Which is why I said accidentally or intentionally.

If you get paid that much money, to sing a patriotic song for 1.5 minutes, at one of the more highly viewed television events, do your fucking job. Act like a professional musician for once in your life. If she screwed up because of being really nervous, I wouldn't care as much, but that's not why. She was to busy wanking (making her voice go up and down in a mind numbing manner) to know the difference.
/rant
Pretty much exactly what I was trying to say.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
But I believe that most of them were trying to do the best they can. I don't know that I would consider the situations an equal comparison?

So your take is that she wasn't trying to do well? As Dirk brought up, your thought is that she was mailing it in like Rosanne?

I feel it was an equal comparison.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Went shopping. Centera and Walmart were the deadest Ive ever seen, it was glorious. My gf's son got to play the Connect thing in GameStop for 30 mins with no one waiting to try it out and both employees coaching him.

Stopped by On the Boarder just in time to be entertained by the half time show and happy hour insane drink specials.....left and finished up shopping and heading home with no one on the road, it was prob the best Super Bowl ever. Only regret was I got such good attention at every store I spent way too much $$$

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm going to disagree with you here. I think that some embelishment is okay. It's what makes a rendition the artists own. I'm not going to judge her style. It's when you change the foundation of what you are embellishing on, that changes things.

It's made me think about how to reinterpret Jimi's take on the Star Spangled banner.
Fair points, and I agree on the Hendrix reference, which is why I added the "tasteful" part in. I can respect the artistic license, but there are times & places for things and I'm not sure that this was the one for her rendition.

I agree on the "professional" message as well. The reason people get paid so much money is to not make mistakes, so even small ones are a big deal. While I know everyone's not perfect, if they're gonna pay someone millions of dollars to drop a pass on national TV, then they better pass that sign-up list over here

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:17 PM
are we really talking about the national anthem??? this was the superbowl...a really good one in my mind. I was rooting for the Packers, which I typically would have rooted for an AFC team, since my Bronco's weren't in it. I just hate Ben Roethliberger, don't like the guy or what he's done in the past.

It came down to the last series, and Pittsburg had a chance, but the Packers D really put it on. I'm sure it was a nail biter for anyone betting on this game.

Congrats to all the Packers and their fans.

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
So your take is that she wasn't trying to do well? As Dirk brought up, your thought is that she was mailing it in like Rosanne?

I feel it was an equal comparison.No, I'm not saying that at all. My point is that for many of the players, this is/was the highlight of their life. Something that they had spent years of their life working towards. Many of them truely wanted to do the best that they could. I don't feel as if that same level of perfection was strived for in the singer. That's all.

Agree with the Dr. It was a really good game and the Pack came out on top. Couldn't ask for anything more.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I didnt see the national anthem but i wonder how many people honestly knew she messed it up with out having the media tell them that.....

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I didnt see the national anthem but i wonder how many people honestly knew she messed it up with out having the media tell them that.....
I rewound it to make sure I was hearing it right. :lol:

UglyDogRacing
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM

I knew right away and any one of the 111 million viewers who watched the game had to have noticed unless they were incoherent.

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Here it is, if you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxA3Aus8jY

OUTLAWD
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I knew right away and any one of the 111 million viewers who watched the game had to have noticed unless they were incoherent.

if you were coherent...you fail :drink:

TurboGizzmo
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
If you get paid that much money, to sing a patriotic song for 1.5 minutes, at one of the more highly viewed television events, do your fucking job.
/rant

From what i am reading you dont get paid to do it.....

Keyser Soze
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Here it is, if you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxA3Aus8jY

Sweet baby jesus! That sounded like shit.

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
From what i am reading you dont get paid to do it.....Really? I find that hard to believe, although it certainly is possible. Where did you read that?

rforsythe
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
From what i am reading you dont get paid to do it.....

Uber famous pop-tart divas don't show up for free. Whether directly or not, she got paid.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ask_the_answer_bitch/b81925_was_jennifer_hudson_paid_sing_super_bowl.ht ml thats from 2009.

You can read other references online claiming the NFL doesnt pay them directly but they cover production costs and room/board.

Not saying they dont some how pay under the table.....

Compare here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/christina-aguileras-nba-f_n_613716.html

If she is getting paid to do it then shes making a pretty good living because it looks like she signs it often.

Sean
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Not saying they dont some how pay under the table.....

Uber famous pop-tart divas don't show up for free. Whether directly or not, she got paid.
Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to have to side with Ralph on this one. Although, maybe she doesn't care about money and does it for the fans? :dunno:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
am still a believer that she tried to do well. It was pretty clear she was singing her heart out and not mailing it in. She fucked up, so what? Probably hiding in a hotel room horrified and humiliated with the paparazzi waiting outside to make her live it in front of the cameras so we can see her crying on Extra or Entertainment Tonight.

I think if all someone has to do with their day is spend energy hating someone for making a mistake then you need to get a life. There's a lot more important things going on in the world than this girl screwing up a line in the anthem. Just remember karma the next time you make a mistake.... As grandma always used to say, you reap what you sow. Someday that could be your daughter standing up there with everyone passing judgment. We can't give folks the benefit of the doubt any more?

Bueller
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
^^Seriously :lol:

She fucked up her job, and fucking up in her line of "work" comes with public criticism.

That's alright, every super event needs it's own scandal. I think the whole thing is a freakin' joke anyway!

The Black Knight
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
am still a believer that she tried to do well. It was pretty clear she was singing her heart out and not mailing it in. She fucked up, so what? Probably hiding in a hotel room horrified and humiliated with the paparazzi waiting outside to make her live it in front of the cameras so we can see her crying on Extra or Entertainment Tonight.

I think if all someone has to do with their day is spend energy hating someone for making a mistake then you need to get a life. There's a lot more important things going on in the world than this girl screwing up a line in the anthem. Just remember karma the next time you make a mistake.... As grandma always used to say, you reap what you sow. Someday that could be your daughter standing up there with everyone passing judgment. We can't give folks the benefit of the doubt any more?
Tinker,

The thing is, we're America. We host huge spectacles, big games and have the sports where people from all over the world want to come, play and succeed in. Like it or not, we draw people from all over the world and eyes are on us.

The least we can do is have someone sing our country's national anthem and get it right. Look back to Laguna Seca '06, that guy who sang it botched the piss out of the song. Nicky Hayden chuckled and shook his head in disgust.

Now I'm not saying that people from other countries don't screw up their national anthems. But rarely do you see it and when those people are asked to sing, they are rock solid. They bring their "A" game, when it comes to singing their country's national anthem.

Not so here, more people butcher the Star Spangled Banner than any other. But it just shows the lack of discipline and dedication people have in this country. They don't even take the time out of their day, to learn the Star Spangled Banner(something they should know by heart since they were kids). If you're asked to sing the Star Spangled Banner, you goal in life up until the day you sing it, should be nailing the song so well you can do it in your sleep.

If you're Christina Aguilera(or however you spell it) don't royally f**k it up and then try to mask the fact that you suck by doing her typical pitch shifting voice up and down routine. It didn't show that she was singing it with the "soul" she was putting into it. All it showed, was that she didn't care.

I'm sorry but she gets a :down:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 06:46 PM
when in the public eye, a person should certainly expect that people are going to be mean and hateful. I don't think that excuses people or makes it alright to BE mean and hateful.

No doubt the anthem deserves respect and should be performed superbly. People make mistakes and shit happens. Just like the guys who dropped perfect passes. I'm sure she practiced it numerous times and got it right, just like the guys who catch passes. If it comes to light that she did a line of crack before stepping up there and wasn't functioning with full faculties, well roast her at the stake then.

Personally I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction on her part.

dirkterrell
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I think if all someone has to do with their day is spend energy hating someone for making a mistake then you need to get a life. There's a lot more important things going on in the world than this girl screwing up a line in the anthem.

Amen brother.

Dirk

FZRguy
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 09:03 PM
The mistake didn’t bother me as much as her rendition. Sounded like a cross between Paula Abdul, Britney Spears and Mariah Carey. She’s got a beautiful voice and it would have been great if she just sang it straight IMO.

FZRguy
Mon Feb 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, great game! :lol:

Sean
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I think if all someone has to do with their day is spend energy hating someone for making a mistake then you need to get a life. There's a lot more important things going on in the world than this girl screwing up a line in the anthem. Just remember karma the next time you make a mistake.... As grandma always used to say, you reap what you sow. Someday that could be your daughter standing up there with everyone passing judgment. We can't give folks the benefit of the doubt any more?Wow, that was deep.

And this is the great thing about freedom of speech. I can hate on someone else and you can hate on me. You come from the perspective of humanitarianism and I come from the perspective of having worked with hundreds of singers over the years. To ourselves, we are both right. Win, win! :up:

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Ya know, the guy on the news last night said it well when he pointed out that the National Anthem is about the country, its struggles, those who fight and have died for her, and those that love her and are proud to call her home. It's not about you the singer. If you're going to try to make it about you the singer, then it would be helpful not to lose yourself "making it yours" to the point that you forget your place and miss words.

That said, the game was great, the commercials were entertaining, and the halftime show was aimed at those under the age of 24 who think that the Black Eyed Peas actually wrote all the songs that they played on Sunday.

salsashark
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Personally I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction on her part.

RE: Christina Aguilera... /Thread

RE: The game

I gotta agree with Chris. While I really didn't care who won, it was a good game. Blow outs are boring. Commercials, for the most part, were entertaining.

However, the real winner? The Vanilla Porter from Elk Mountain Brewing Company out in Parker... MMMMMM

Sean
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
However, the real winner? The Vanilla Porter from Elk Mountain Brewing Company out in Parker... MMMMMM
It was a Wisconsin game, I had to go with some Leinenkugel's. :hump:

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
And this is the great thing about freedom of speech. I can hate on someone else and you can hate on me. You come from the perspective of humanitarianism and I come from the perspective of having worked with hundreds of singers over the years.

Well, it's one thing to critique a performance and another thing entirely to call someone a "stupid bitch" because they made a mistake. Does she deserve criticism? Yes. Does she deserve to be called a "stupid bitch?" No. Rosanne's intentional butchering of the anthem? Yeah, that was intentional and tasteless. I think I might have even called her a stupid bitch. :) But I don't think CA's performance warranted that sort of response.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Rosanne's intentional butchering of the anthem? Yeah, that was intentional and tasteless. I think I might have even called her a stupid bitch. :)
And thus, she was whacked by a giant log in one of the Superbowl commercials. And the world laughed. ...and peed a little.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Well, it's one thing to critique a performance and another thing entirely to call someone a "stupid bitch" because they made a mistake.

Dirk

Once again, you said it best. No doubt people are free to like or hate the performance. Personally I thought what she attempted to do with the song was interesting, it's only too bad she screwed up. To use this performance as a judge of the person is not appropriate in this case - IMO.

And thus, she was whacked by a giant log in one of the Superbowl commercials. And the world laughed. ...and peed a little.

I'll say Amen to that and I've said my peace on this. To each his own I guess.

Sean
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Well, it's one thing to critique a performance and another thing entirely to call someone a "stupid bitch" because they made a mistake. Does she deserve criticism? Yes. Does she deserve to be called a "stupid bitch?" No. Rosanne's intentional butchering of the anthem? Yeah, that was intentional and tasteless. I think I might have even called her a stupid bitch. :) But I don't think CA's performance warranted that sort of response.

DirkDirk, are you getting defensive beacuse you like to wake up each morning to the "I am beautiful" song? If so, I'll be nice. I won't judge. :lol:

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I just wonder if Slash has to play "Sweet Child of Mine" one more time, if he just might snap and run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Dirk, are you getting defensive beacuse you like to wake up each morning to the "I am beautiful" song? If so, I'll be nice. I won't judge. :lol:

Never heard it, or if I did, I don't remember it. When it comes to popular music these days, I'm the last person to know anything. :) I'll take Rush, Zeppelin, the Who, Pink Floyd, Di Meola, De Lucia, Segovia, Parkening, Satriani, Walsh, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Barber, etc any any day.

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I just wonder if Slash has to play "Sweet Child of Mine" one more time, if he just might snap and run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

That was probably the least impressed I have ever been with one of Fergie's performances. :puke:

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 08:52 AM
That was probably the least impressed I have ever been with one of Fergie's performances. :puke:
Yeah, I was seriously hoping for a wardrobe malfunction to save from it. But alas, she just looked like she was a Raiders fan.

salsashark
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I was seriously hoping for a wardrobe malfunction to save from it. But alas, she just looked like she was a Raiders fan.

I think the only wardrobe malfunction she had to worry about was losing bladder control and electrocuting herself...

hmmmm... which would have made for an entertaining half time show

Sean
Di Meola, De Lucia, Segovia, Parkening, Satriani, Walsh, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Barber, etc any any day.
Who are these guys? They would never play @ the Superbowl!

Have you ever check out:
David Russell (my personal fav)
Elliot Fisk (weak tone, amazing player. Check out Paganin's 24 Caprices)
Jason Vieaux (Images of Metheny)
Jimmy Bruno (jazz guy with chops to boot)
or maybe Scott Henderson

Personally, I've been getting into Gustav Mahler lately :up:

MetaLord 9
I think the only wardrobe malfunction she had to worry about was losing bladder control and electrocuting herself...

hmmmm... which would have made for an entertaining half time show
^^you and the "outside the box" thinking...

Sean
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I actually kind of liked the ninja guy with the outfit that lights up. It kept me entertained.

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I just want a helmet that's contoured to the shape of my haircut

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Who are these guys? They would never play @ the Superbowl!

Have you ever check out:
David Russell (my personal fav)
Elliot Fisk (weak tone, amazing player. Check out Paganin's 24 Caprices)
Jason Vieaux (Images of Metheny)
Jimmy Bruno (jazz guy with chops to boot)
or maybe Scott Henderson

I will definitely do some listening to these guys. :up:

Personally, I've been getting into Gustav Mahler lately :up:

The adagietto movement from the 5th symphony is starkly beautiful and one of my favorites. Very much the same feel as Barber's Adagio.

Dirk

salsashark
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I actually kind of liked the ninja guy with the outfit that lights up. It kept me entertained.

I saw "Tron Legacy" and thought it sucked, now I know where the costumes from the movie went... :lol:

I thought they missed the boat. When the square headed people came out to dance, they needed to have The Blue Man Group come out and perform as well. They were already there for the superbowl fan zone stuff.

Tell me this wouldn't have fit in with the halftime show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_x-UiaJ8s

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I saw "Tron Legacy" and thought it sucked, now I know where the costumes from the movie went...

FTW right there!!

Sean
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I just want a helmet that's contoured to the shape of my haircutThat was awesome! You never have to comb your hair! I wonder if i could get that in an Elvis style?

The adagietto movement from the 5th symphony is starkly beautiful and one of my favorites. Very much the same feel as Barber's Adagio.

DirkNice. I got hooked on the kindertotenlieder(s). Mahler and Shubert, I dig the art songs.

salsashark
Tue Feb 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/rXhke.jpg

salsashark
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM
If, like me, you're still trying to gouge the memories of the half time show from your mind, this may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAdINGV7aY

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM
If, like me, you're still trying to gouge the memories of the half time show from your mind, this may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAdINGV7aY
I was waiting for Slash to come up out of the floor at the 2:20 mark.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:41 AM
This one's better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzlYTVhOPA&feature=related

It's like the fiddler on the roof version

Sean
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:42 AM
If, like me, you're still trying to gouge the memories of the half time show from your mind, this may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAdINGV7aYGood find! Those guys are awesome! :cheers:

salsashark
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:45 AM
This one's better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzlYTVhOPA&feature=related

It's like the fiddler on the roof version

nice... looks like I have a band to check out today.

Good find! Those guys are awesome! :cheers:

Check out Hayseed Dixie. Similar bluegrass remakes of 80s rock hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJUywl7CFw

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_13?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=hayseed+dixie&x=0&y=0&sprefix=hayseed+dixie

FZRguy
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Speaking of Slash, he showed up at the Ozzy show last night at the can. They did a few GNR tunes.....without Fergie!