PDA

View Full Version : Sick Yamaha

tecknojoe
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
reposted from another forum because it's awesome
this
http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/2863/yamaha_xt_600_1985_2.jpg

to
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qpWtg6IvDLk/TVMMW-evvZI/AAAAAAAAfyo/v3rT6VLgu04/s1600/Yamaha+XT+CAfe+-ottonero.blogspot+1.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qpWtg6IvDLk/TVMMd7EQZLI/AAAAAAAAfyw/-pBMXPseHMs/s1600/Yamaha+XT+CAfe+-ottonero.blogspot+2.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qpWtg6IvDLk/TVMMhfv6XDI/AAAAAAAAfy4/24b2BXlpyaA/s1600/Yamaha+XT+CAfe+-ottonero.blogspot+4.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qpWtg6IvDLk/TVMMcahDowI/AAAAAAAAfys/RBQL9iHvjBc/s1600/Yamaha+XT+CAfe+-ottonero.blogspot+5.JPG

Bueller
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
He turned one POS into another one

ChrisCBX
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Sweet bike. If it were mine, I'd finish it off a bit more and detail it out but still a very nice little cafe.

tecknojoe
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM

:lol: dont hate

OUTLAWD
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM
it would be interesting to see what the builder had to say...

if all he had was a chopsaw and a cordless drill, its cool, but it is lacking a little attention to detail...like putting an exposed battery right behind the front tire...:slap:

and wtf is that front drum off of...dual leading shoe? :up:

Tylar
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I like it! Unique for sure.

ChrisCBX
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
it would be interesting to see what the builder had to say...

if all he had was a chopsaw and a cordless drill, its cool, but it is lacking a little attention to detail...like putting an exposed battery right behind the front tire...:slap:

and wtf is that front drum off of...dual leading shoe? :up:

I agree on all points.

I like the spoke wheels and the front brake. Old school.

The battery is one of its issues for sure. I had similar issues with my custom CBX. I wanted to have the area from my carbs to the top of my rear shock mount, be open air. A lot of careful relocation was needed. The cafe builder could possibly have mounted the battery under his bump tail.

asp_125
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Unique, gotta respect someone who can fab stuff from scratch. Good concept except for a few strange ideas like the battery and that overflow tank.

Zach929rr
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM

comin on a bit strong with the hate

Bueller
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM
comin on a bit strong with the hate

I think it looks like crap and you couldn't pay me to ride that death trap.

Better? :lol:

OUTLAWD
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
i would have left the knobbies on it

brennahm
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I think the title of the thread is a perfect description. Except this is the kind of sickness you can't heal, just shoot it in the head.

Never personally been a fan of poorly done mods. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

mopoet178
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
battery in the tail? thats a lot of weight to hang way out there. I would partition the tank and stuff all the ugly stuff in there. Also, is that tank on the downtube storage or what? The only fluid this bike has is motor oil and gas.

I like the bike and I like the idea. I'd love to build a motard out of an old, air cooled, spoked wheel, magneto fired, kickstart, light bike. It doesn't get more simple than that, and I really do love the elegance of simplicity. Everything has its function, no fluff.

Like my FZR, it's a mug only a mother would love.

OUTLAWD
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Everything has its function, no fluff.

Except I would have to guess that this thing lacks in fuction as well as form...take it out back and put it down...;)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I like the original bike better...and why go from a disk brake to drums??? just stupid to me.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
The ideas aren't bad, but the execution needs some work...

Not sure that the "Hmm, i coudn't figure out what to do with this, so I just bolted it on randomly" theory of design wins too many best of show awards....

Agree on the drum brake. Nothing like a good sized two stroke motor with the stopping power of a huffy mountain bike.

usmcab35
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
The ideas aren't bad, but the execution needs some work...

Not sure that the "Hmm, i coudn't figure out what to do with this, so I just bolted it on randomly" theory of design wins too many best of show awards....

Agree on the drum brake. Nothing like a good sized two stroke motor with the stopping power of a huffy mountain bike.

i agree i liked where he was going with it, but seems like he didnt have the skills or the want to finish it nicely. i like some of the ideas he had, and i hate a few of them but to each his own. but i couldnt look past the big dents in the tank... makes it look redneck.... and the front drum is freaking awesome! but shouldnt be on this bike.. lol

King Nothing
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 01:15 PM
:imwithstupid: