PDA

View Full Version : Cruisers

GuitarX
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
So were these made specifically for Harley riders? Enquiring minds want to know...

http://www.pampers.com/en_US/proddetail/baby-products/pampers-cruisers/id/900827/sectionid/0

brennahm
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Are those for Harley riders because those guys are all old or because it's shit your pants embarassing to ride one?

GuitarX
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Probably the latter 'coz I'm old but I ride some kickass bikes. :siesta:

Swift
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 10:52 PM
This is more appropriate:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AMX21VKv97w/SPu_BGAqi9I/AAAAAAAAEMM/p5KWwqrGTAk/s320/oops.jpg

derekm
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 10:53 PM
i want to make wheelies on an xr1200

Sean
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I like some cruisers. And personally, I think it's the rider, not the bike. :lol:

Here's an xr1200 for ya Derek!

asp_125
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I think those are for riders on luxobarges who drag their floorboards on P2P and don't want to stop for a change of underware.

Swift
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I don't have to worry about dragging anything except my cylinder heads. Lmao

I'm not sure what category my bike fits into since its kind of a misfit but I know I've actually dragged the toe portion of the bottom of my boots twice now. The bad part is they only make controls that drop down lower instead of further back and slightly higher. I don't know how the hell cruiser riders can put up with that limited range let alone floorboards.

asp_125
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
..but I know I've actually dragged the toe portion of the bottom of my boots twice now. ..

You do have your feet back on the pegs and not below your arches, right?

Darth Do'Urden
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Cruisers can put up with it because they actually don't have any intention of ever leaning, so it doesn't matter. =P

I want a cruiser some day, but I want one that has a high enough profile that I can still put it into a good lean at a decent speed, while still having the comfort of being able to ride for 6 hours at a stretch if I so choose.

Going in a straight line is just too damn boring for me. I need some twists to keep things interesting. But at the same time I want to be able to someday take a cross-country trip on a bike, with a tent packed away behind me and the open road in front. I like the Kawasaki Concours for this...someday.

You do have your feet back on the pegs and not below your arches, right?

+1
He should, but it doesn't sound like it...=/

asp_125
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM
As some of us FOGs get a little less flexible, a little large around the waist, 500 miles on a supersport just doesn't cut it on the wrists and back etc.

Bikes like the C14, Viffer, and BMW sport tourers become more and more enticing. And then there are the big duallys - GS1200's and Ducati Multistradas ...

Way too many options to have to consider a cruiser.

Swift
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I have huge feet (size 14) and I'm still trying to find a comfortable position for them in corners. My pegs have some really terrible rubber on them so they tend to be really slippery even in the dry with my boots. I still think even if I do manage to avoid dragging my feet that the cylinder heads will probably scrape before my pegs do which is kind of a scary thought. I'm gonna look into my bike specific board and see if I can find a peg swap from a k series. Might work better for me if its possible.

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I like some cruisers. And personally, I think it's the rider, not the bike. :lol:

Here's an xr1200 for ya Derek!

I'm gonna agree with Sean on this one. It's all rider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

This link is of Yellow Wolf shredding Deals Gap on a Goldwing. I know he's faster than me on my RC51...

Swift
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
As some of us FOGs get a little less flexible, a little large around the waist, 500 miles on a supersport just doesn't cut it on the wrists and back etc.

Bikes like the C14, Viffer, and BMW sport tourers become more and more enticing. And then there are the big duallys - GS1200's and Ducati Multistradas ...

Way too many options to have to consider a cruiser.

K1200, K1300 and triumph sprint st are awesome sport touring bikes. Almost picked one of those before I settled on my roadster. The gs just looks friggin weird to me and rides too much like a ktm dualsport for my taste.

asp_125
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM
K1200, K1300 and triumph sprint st are awesome sport touring bikes. Almost picked one of those before I settled on my roadster. The gs just looks friggin weird to me and rides too much like a ktm dualsport for my taste.

A friend in NM let me ride his K1300S. Zero to light speed in a 1/4 turn throttle :headbang:

Swift
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
No joke. That engine is insane for such a heavy bike. I can see why the S1000RR is so good.

dirkterrell
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Here is one comparison of the VFR1200F and the K1300S:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2010-bmw-k1300s-vs-honda-vfr1200f-shootout-89414.html

Dirk

birchyboy
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I know I've actually dragged the toe portion of the bottom of my boots twice now.

If you drag the toe portion of the top of your boots you're doing it wrong.

Keyser Soze
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
These threads are like cruisers... :gay:

asp_125
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
These threads are like cruisers... :gay:

Because there's no bacon?

ChrisCBX
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
A friend in NM let me ride his K1300S. Zero to light speed in a 1/4 turn throttle :headbang:

No joke. That engine is insane for such a heavy bike. I can see why the S1000RR is so good.

I took a K1300S and a S1000RR on nice long test rides. I really liked both.

The K1300S as expected did have amazing power. The shift assist was a nice feature for quick upshifts. This bike leans more towards the "sport" of sport touring bikes.

I do wish that more people that automatically gravitate towards cruiser bikes would give more of the dual sport and sport-tour bikes a chance.

Swift
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM
If you drag the toe portion of the top of your boots you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, that doesn't happen to me. lol
I probably wouldn't be typing this right now if I did.

Keyser Soze
Thu Feb 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Because there's no bacon?

No bacon and no bitches. Fuck that noise!