PDA

View Full Version : Looking up my bikes ass...

japrules
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Umm.. I did a rectal exam on my race bike today and I am not sure about what I saw.. The pipe is pretty beat up on the outside.. and this is a pic of the inside.. are these "dents" on purpose? Its a Yoshimura pipe..

Also, can I remove the fiberglass stuff without hurting performance? I'd like to be able to hear my bike a little more on the track.

Joe

Sparker
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 01:30 PM
dats not normal.

japrules
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
You sure?

dats not normal.

Quick636
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Thats not normal.

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Joe,
It should be round. Find a piece of pipe or something that just fits inside and carefully round it out. Don't take all the glass out, you can replace it if it looks funky, but at least lightly pack the can. Completely removing it could change your tuning. Plus, I don't want to listen to your loudass can if I happen to be behind you. Hopefully not a frequent position this summer :D

Joe

Sparker
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
having a bend in the canister like that would be like having a piece of your headers crunched down to half the size. there is no point to it. it shouldnt be dented like that. its just mesh. i would take the canister off and take maybe a broom handle or something of that sort. put it through the pipe where the dents are and push down in both spots. get it back to normal. the whole point of doing aftermarket is to allow more exhaust flow. not that this is hindering it too much but it would annoy me.

japrules
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks Joe.. yeah, I wouldn't want to scare your pussy ass as I drive by! :lol:

I think I am going to leave it.. I know that sounds crazy.. but the bike is strong.. I was keeping up with a 2004 gsxr750 at the school.. I think he maybe had a stock gear though... It may have been tuned like that.. in which case it might mess it all up... so screw it..I have enough to do.. I dropped my bike AGAIN on the stand just before leaving.. this time I messed up my rear fiberglass.. so I am working on it.. got a NEW stand! :bananna: So hopefully I don't drop it again.. I'm tired of looking the fool!

I think I am going to run Pueblo FYI... I have the form all filled out.. I just need to fax it.. pretty sure I will... can't run friday but saturday ought to give me enough time to learn the track enough to get my ass waxed on Sunday...

Hope you are going to make it.. lets do team Joe...share a canopy.. did you get one? I have one but its a pain in the ass.. I think I am going to buy an eazy ass up... cuz I am an old lazy ass.

Oh, I am camping Saturday night... bringin' Oli my dog too..

later...

Joe,
It should be round. Find a piece of pipe or something that just fits inside and carefully round it out. Don't take all the glass out, you can replace it if it looks funky, but at least lightly pack the can. Completely removing it could change your tuning. Plus, I don't want to listen to your loudass can if I happen to be behind you. Hopefully not a frequent position this summer :D

Joe

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM
yeah, I wouldn't want to scare your pussy ass as I drive by!

We haven't even raced yet, and already the smack talk starts...

I'm going down Friday afternoon after work, I'll probably get a motel room. I don't have a canopy, but I'll help with yours if you want to team up. Make sure you have a lot of tie downs, 'cause it gets real windy there.

Sparker's right, the dents aren't that big of a deal, but I'd take them out sometime. I had to do just that on the Muzzy can on my zx12r. The can on my R6 is banged up, too, and I'll bet the core is dented also. But the bike runs fine and I'll deal with it later. See ya down there.

Joe