PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been soaked yet?

Swift
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Saw at least 3 people riding today. Man people must have some serious cabin fever. :shock:

I'll most likely be out tomorrow knowing how impatient I am.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I would be but the streets leaving my complex still have snow on them.

Swift
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Lol dig urself a gap out

salsashark
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 06:06 PM
It's going to take a few more 60+ degree days to melt the street glacier in front of the house. :(

longrider
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I am hoping by Tuesday my road and driveway will be clear

DemonRider
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm clear , might go out tomorrow Driveway, Street, all major roads around me clear! ;) time go on a short one anyway and stretch out those legs a little!! Hahahaha!

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
the snowy neighborhood road won't hurt anything. smooth throttle inputs. Don't be a pussy.

CaneZach
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
It's going to take a few more 60+ degree days to melt the street glacier in front of the house. :(

Same here. Since my street runs east/west, all the houses on the south side of the road cast shadows across the roadway so the friggin' frozen tundra/solid sheet of polar ice cap on the road don't melt until we've had a few 60+ days. :banghead:

Sometimes I get lucky and can snake my way through, but not today.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
seriously? A little snow and ice isn't like grease. Your bike can roll right over it no problem. smooth throttle and brake inputs. I ride over the snow and ice all winter long to get to the clear main roads.

bodhizafa
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Saw someone today in Boulder on a really nice black Ducati Monster. I wouldn't care about the dirty water on the roads but way to much ice and slush for me.

cbrjohnny
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Same here. Since my street runs east/west, all the houses on the south side of the road cast shadows across the roadway so the friggin' frozen tundra/solid sheet of polar ice cap on the road don't melt until we've had a few 60+ days. :banghead:

Sometimes I get lucky and can snake my way through, but not today.

lmao! "polar ice cap"

I love it! Winter in Colorado! I have three feet of snow in my front yard right now, lucky for me my bike is in Centennial… till the snow melts down there (long b-4 here) I guess ill have to ski my azz off! …lol cya when the polar cap melts!

GuitarX
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM
John, get your butt down here and let's ride! Lazy bastid.

Saw a girl on Hampden today on a new silver CBR1000RR. White jacket, pink helmet. Anyone from the list get a new toy?

Swift
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I'm meeting up with a bud with a monster tomorrow to go ride. :silly:

DemonRider
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Started like a champ,,,,, Thinking I'm going to Wash and Wax her today, then Ride Later or maybe tomorrow we will see.

Matty
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Might take the sumo out today. The hard packed snow piles make for some good ramps!!!

cbrjohnny
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
John, get your butt down here and let's ride! Lazy bastid.

Saw a girl on Hampden today on a new silver CBR1000RR. White jacket, pink helmet. Anyone from the list get a new toy?

ill be down later today (sunday) if i have some time left in the afternoon ill call ya for a spin!

still need to do a little v-day shopping lol after that im off the hook untill monday!

Swift
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Just got back from 5 hours of being on the bike. What a day! :)

aerofaze
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Great February ride for 5 hours starting in the Springs (through Garden Of The Gods, Woodland Park, downtown COS for a quick break, then Castle Rock and Palmer Lake and back to the Springs). Sooooo nice! A brief gravel scare in Manitou Spgs reminded me to pay attention as there was quite a bit along with melt-off in shaded areas on CO105. US24 was clear.

The Duc needs a major wash now!!

DemonRider
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Darn wind,,, :( will see how the rest of the week goes!

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
wind was tough but didn't keep me from putting a couple hundred miles on. Ft. Collins to Sterling and back. Lots of open road to stretch the legs.

Yodannyc
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Took out my new bike today for the first time! Did just a little jog around the city. I plan to ride for the next few days.

OUTLAWD
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM
i buttoned the sprint up today and tested out the new shock...if feels like a whole new bike....now I just need to add a few stickers to gain some HP, and maybe swap on some take-offs so people will think im fast

Swift
Sun Feb 13th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Just got the weather report. Clear all week long.
http://www.bananasplay.com/banana.gif

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
never realized how creepy that banana really is

Swift
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Roads are vastly improved today. About to go meet a buddy on a monster to go ride for a bit.

DemonRider
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Sure are, went to Estes Park, was very nice!

GuitarX
Mon Feb 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Wow I totally have a headache now. Damn Bananzilla.

DemonRider
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Another great ride today up Look Out Mountain and back (wish I could have been out longer) a little bit of sand and a few small black ice spots, maybe pick up the kid *after school, God Bless Colorado and it's weather!!! Everyone have fun and enjoy this beautiful Colorado weather!

Swift
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm still avoiding the Foothills like the plague.

longrider
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Finally got the bike out yesterday, and if the weather stays as forecast I will be riding the rest of the week :)

Swift
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I've rode in to school (metrostate) yesterday and this morning even with my classes starting at 8am with me living down south and I'm absolutely loving it. Little brisk in my area then when you're in lonetree and start to get into the dtc its much nicer. Even at 6:30 in the morning. I obviously don't have the right pants for the early morning (jeans) but the underarmor helps a lot.

thankgod
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Loose gravel here and there, couple near misses's with asshole drivers, weathers good, seen a few peeps on Bikes yesterday. Very niiiiice!:headbang: Ohhh and the bike is a little dirty from all the melting snow!

thankgod
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I was up there too!!! lol!:hibye:
Another great ride today up Look Out Mountain and back (wish I could have been out longer) a little bit of sand and a few small black ice spots, maybe pick up the kid *after school, God Bless Colorado and it's weather!!! Everyone have fun and enjoy this beautiful Colorado weather!

usmcab35
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM
seriously? A little snow and ice isn't like grease. Your bike can roll right over it no problem. smooth throttle and brake inputs. I ride over the snow and ice all winter long to get to the clear main roads.

haha i normally ride over it too, but last weekend i just took the 1000ft of clean clear sidewalks lol :headbang:

Sean
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I obviously don't have the right pants for the early morning (jeans) but the underarmor helps a lot.This will set ya straight. :up:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37690

Swift
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Appreciate the offer but I'm 6'3" and seriously doubt I would fit into those leathers. I really need to get over to Grand Prix or Performance Cycle and try some stuff on to figure out what fits. I'm still hunting for the right jacket loaded with field armor. It's too bad Alpinestars is a euro cut. They fit great other than the shoulder and arm regions. Guess I need to get smaller guns.