PDA

View Full Version : What do I do???

Taylor
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Ok so I had a dealership put a new back tire on a few weeks ago and was very happy with it, until i hit a nice little puddle the other day and my rear end lifts right off and start hydroplaning like crazy. needless to say i was scared to death and pulled right. then i get off and take a look at my rear tire and think it looks alittle funny. so i look at the rotating direction and it is the wrong way!!!! so now i'm really mad and i don't know what to do to the dealership. should i walk in w/ a list of stuff that i want to get fixed or should i just go in saying that im going to my lawyer and he can handle it? i am not going to just let them get off with a slap on the wriste because i could have easly killed. So let me know what you all think.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Hmm... That's kind of a tough one. I'm glad you didn't crash. Too bad you didn't notice it right away.

I don't know what I'd do, aside from spreading as much negative press about that dealership as possible. Plus, the least they could do, is reinstall the tire properly for you. (if you even would want them to.)

rybo
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Taylor,

While what happened is wrong at the dealership level sometimes totally honest mistakes are made. I would think that the dealership would want to make good on their mistake and if you present them with the problem, and the reciept for your purchase they will do what they can to make it right. Tell them of your experience in the rain. No need to be dramatic, just a simple statement of the facts and an acknowledgment of the narrowly avoided consequences. You shouldn't expect to get rich off of this, at the same time they shouldn't expect to get away with just re-mounting the tire. Again, like I said honest mistakes can get made and hopefully this is one of them. If they don't remedy the situation to your satisfaction let them know that you have no intention of shopping there again or recommending other potential customers to them. Then post up here under "Shop Experiences" the situation, your attempt to resolve it and the result. Actually, do this good or bad. If they fix the problem to your liking then they are a worthy place to do business with. If not, I'm sure a great many of us will take that into consideration the next time we go shopping.

Scott

Taylor
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 06:40 PM
thanks for both your imputs...i did alittle research and this is what i found as stated by law. "Deliberate judgments that are dangerously careless (e.g., faulty building design) may, however, be considered acts of negligence." The question would be if it was deliberate or not...im not trying to get rich or anything but i think they need to have some sort of "punishment" to insure that this does not happen again. everyone makes mistakes and I understand that but the only way to learn from them is to have consiquences.

Bueller
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I am sure they will turn it around for you and if the tire was damaged it should be replaced. I always check rotation when I pick up my wheels to avoid such problems.

Taylor
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I am sure they will turn it around for you and if the tire was damaged it should be replaced. I always check rotation when I pick up my wheels to avoid such problems.
i figured i payed enough that they could read the little arrow on the side...

Bueller
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
i figured i payed enough that they could read the little arrow on the side...
You are probably assuming they have the correct pressure too? You can pay whatever, but if you don't look out for yourself, they might be at fault but that isn't gonna do a whole lot for you if your eating through a tube. :dunno:
I check lug nuts on my truck whenever a wheel is pulled, it just isn't worth the risk.

Anonymous
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 08:02 PM
First off, I highly doubt they deliberately put the thing on wrong. You would never be able to prove intentional negligence even if they did. It pretty much was a mistake. I can understand you're pissed, but you didn't crash either so there aren't really damages you can sue for.

Get over the urge to be litigious and just ask them to make it right with you. At a minimum, they should give you a new tire (mounted correctly) and maybe some store credit towards anything they sell. Give them a chance at fixing it before assuming they're gonna screw you over.

Taylor
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 11:17 PM
going in tomorrow to talk with them. i will give you the info

Taylor
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 04:50 PM
well i took it back to the shop today and they looked at it and didnt seem to see anything wrong with it until i pointed out the rotating direction arrow....then they where like ok we will take care of it...so an hour later they get it all fixed and want me to pay 25 bucks for shop time...i was like you screwed up and almost kill me and you want me to pay for it??? and then he relaxed alittle and was kind enough to make me not pay for it....god i will never go there again.

kevplus2
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
just out of curiosity, where is "there"? at least they made it right.

they might have even tried to charge you by mistake. often the peeps dont seem to talk to each other very much and the guy trying to charge you may not have known it was originally their scew-up. now if it was the same guy then he should be slapped with a brick

~Barn~
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM
:spit:
That's hilarious. They wanted to charge you.

And yeah... what shop *is* this?

Taylor
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 06:48 PM
it was the same guy....and this was at tri-city cycles... i was pretty upset at this whole thing and they dont even seem to care that there screw up could have killed someone.

Wahooman
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
A few notes:
First glad they finally made it right. Most people here I am in agreement with. You have to give the facility to make things right. Mistakes happen. If you are lawyer happy person, well I won't even go there. Like Ralph said, what were your losses? (besides time) I agree they need to take care of it and glad they did finally at no charge. You need to post up in shop experiences so people can see it and then make their own call. A being a dealership owner....mistakes will happen, but it is how they are corrected and dealt with that makes the difference.
I am surprised Tri City didn't see this error or that they were going to charge you. Which one did you go to.....they split into 2 shops....east side of I-25 or west side?
Oh lastly, next time go to TWIN PEAKS!

Taylor
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM
i went to the one east of I-25....was not happy at all...and where is twin peaks?

trackaddict
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
twin peaks is at the hwy 66 exit just north of the main Longmont exit on I25 north. get off and turn right...then take the first service road to the left. ya cant miss it.

Wahooman...no charge.....