PDA

View Full Version : Was I Wrong?

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I was going to throw this in the video section, but it's more of a discussion.

Posted this on my Facebook page and had some fun "discussions" about it. :lol: So, we I wrong to honk at him and be in a generally bad mood because of my view of the situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Zka1L1kAU

I have a green arrow to turn left, and this guy has a red light (but has a yield sign). He did not stop at the intersection, and didn't yield to my right of way. Does he have the right to jump into that lane, when I was in the intersection making the turn on my green arrow? Discuss....

Especially want to see Zach and Erik's professional opinion.

dragos13
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Haha I watched this video on FB and wanted to comment.

My opinion, since he stayed in the right lane and you stayed in the left lane (of the two) then I don't see any problem at all.

Now, had he turned right at the light and cut across over to the left driving lane (the lane you were turning in to) then I'd be pissed.

People just don't understand that when you are turning, you need to stay in the lane closest to the area you are coming from. Sorry for the rant thats just my opinion (plus one time I was going a little fast in the right lane and someone merging in from the left side of the road came across both lanes and I ran into them causing a big insurance mess)

Back to the topic, I don't see an issue since you both had a lane to yourselves and both stayed in the appropriate lane :)

birchyboy
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Here's my view. Right or wrong..this is how I drive:

If I'm in a left turn lane, and there are two or more lanes where I'm headed, I'm going into the left most lane. Anyone turning right from across the intersection should turn into the right-most lane.

Given that, I'd have given you the finger if you honked at me for turning into what I think is "my" lane :tomato:

dragos13
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
To answer your 7-11 question, you would have to turn into the lane you did then would have to make a legal lane change to get into the right driving lane to pull into 7-11. So, you would have to yeild to whatever traffic was in the right lane. You can't make a left turn and go immediately across your nearest lane into the far right lane...

Sorry, but that is something that bugs me.

Love you John :D

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I guess I have a totally different mentality about these things. I'm looking on the safe side. If I was in his position, I would have waited until the left turning people were clear (if they had a left green arrow), or my light turned green. I don't care if I have a right lane or not, I feel that I would have to yield to those people, and go when it was safe, not because I thought the other guy would stay in their lane.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
And I do that, in the car, or on the bike.

dallas
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I think you were both wrong. You are supposed to turn into your first available lane and the Jeep wasn't supposed to enter the intersection before it was clear. If I was driving the Jeep, I would have ran your ass over at the next stop light for riding an R-1 like a pussy. So therefore, you were more wrong.

salsashark
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I guess I have a totally different mentality about these things. I'm looking on the safe side. If I was in his position, I would have waited until the left turning people were clear (if they had a left green arrow), or my light turned green. I don't care if I have a right lane or not, I feel that I would have to yield to those people, and go when it was safe, not because I thought the other guy would stay in their lane.

there's no such thing as less wrong and more wrong

Looks to me that his lane was clear and you wanted to push the speed through the intersection and cross to the right lane. Meh, if I were in the Jeep, I'd probably just call my prius friends to hunt you down.

All that being said, you kind of have a slighted audience here. I'd also like to see what the LEOs have to say about it because it looks to me that you got pissy over nothing.

That being said, I'm SURE around 17 seconds in, you safely accelerated to the speed limit and did not exceed it while making a safe lane change and signaling... didn't you?

chad23
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
i agree with Casey on this one. as long as they stay in their lane i am fine with them moving on. i would have bumped your bike after your little rant at him. love you wick but you would have been picking up your bike. J/K i would never bump someones bike........ i think

PhL0aTeR
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Were u honking at him to note your presence so he wouldn't jerk over to the left lane once he made his turn? Thats the only justified use of your horn IMHO. If the intersection was a one lane, then the green arrow has a right away, but you have your own lane, he has his.

So whats the story? Looks like you wanted in that lane and you were just annoyed that he got there before you.... lol

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
there's no such thing as less wrong and more wrong

Looks to me that his lane was clear and you wanted to push the speed through the intersection and cross to the right lane. Meh, if I were in the Jeep, I'd probably just call my prius friends to hunt you down.

All that being said, you kind of have a slighted audience here. I'd also like to see what the LEOs have to say about it because it looks to me that you got pissy over nothing.

That being said, I'm SURE around 17 seconds in, you safely accelerated to the speed limit and did not exceed it while making a safe lane change and signaling... didn't you?
I'm actually always really cautious through that intersection, because there's usually a crap build up right in the turning area, so I wasn't pushing it through the turn.

Maybe I did get pissy over nothing, I'd like to see what they say about it too. But how I drive, he was in the wrong, as I've stated above on how I drive, when in the Jeep's position.

And I wasn't WOT, I needed to be in that lane, so I got around the idiot. You saying you never speed up to the limit like that? ;)

i agree with Casey on this one. as long as they stay in their lane i am fine with them moving on. i would have bumped your bike after your little rant at him. love you wick but you would have been picking up your bike. J/K i would never bump someones bike........ i think
I love you too, but you would have had a couple dents and broken head lamps to fix if that happened. :makeout:

I think you were both wrong. You are supposed to turn into your first available lane and the Jeep wasn't supposed to enter the intersection before it was clear. If I was driving the Jeep, I would have ran your ass over at the next stop light for riding an R-1 like a pussy. So therefore, you were more wrong.
And I did stay in that left lane, as I saw that he was coming over. I will admit, that if he wasn't there, I would have merged over into that lane after my turn, because that's the lane I needed to be in for my next turn.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:43 PM
So whats the story? Looks like you wanted in that lane and you were just annoyed that he got there before you.... lol
The story is, that I always yield to traffic with the green light. No matter if I have a right lane or not. If I have my own lane, ie:my turn lane turns into an extra lane on the road, then I'll use it as my own lane. But if I was in his place, where there were already 2 lanes (no "own lane"), I would have waited until the green arrow traffic was clear.

Snowman
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:44 PM
You ride a motorcycle, of course you are wrong.
It's the reason we ride motorcycles...

asp_125
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I am of the opinion that you do NOT cross lanes when you turn. Leftmost to leftmost, rightmost to right. I have on purpose, jumped into the turn early to force cars to stay in their lanes; sometimes to their shock and amazment. But on the bike I will defend my lane or get the hell out of the way. You can be completely right, but in a car vs bike situation I will rather be alive than right.

salsashark
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm actually always really cautious through that intersection, because there's usually a crap build up right in the turning area, so I wasn't pushing it through the turn.

Understandable...

Maybe I did get pissy over nothing, I'd like to see what they say about it too. But how I drive, he was in the wrong, as I've stated above on how I drive, when in the Jeep's position.

Why was he in the wrong? I think Phloater hit it on the head. Two peeps want to occupy the same space and he one. Unfortunately, he's bigger. Do the lug nut test.

Whoever has more = WIN

And I wasn't WOT, I needed to be in that lane, so I got around the idiot. You saying you never speed up to the limit like that? ;)

I know you weren't WOT. You know you weren't. Does the cop sitting in the parking lot who sees you blow by two SUVs know it? That's all I was saying. The vid basically makes it look like you threw a temper tantrum that's all.

Of course, I would never do such a brash thing on my bikes! That kind of hooliganism is for the track... or the... errr :lol: I can't even finish that statement :D

bulldog
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think you both should have fought in the middle of traffic.....ok at least it would have been a more exciting video :lol:

Snowman
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:02 PM
^^^ Physics would have won that one...

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm 10 times stronger than him!!!! :lol:

McVaaahhh
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I, personally, would not have made the right turn if I was in the Jeep. Legal or not, many drivers will go directly into that right lane and I always do my best to avoid the accident in the first place rather than worry about who is legally right.

salsashark
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I, personally, would not have made the right turn if I was in the Jeep. Legal or not, many drivers will go directly into that right lane and I always do my best to avoid the accident in the first place rather than worry about who is legally right.

THIS...

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
That's what I've been sayin!! :slap: :lol:

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Here's my professional opinion:

I see nothing wrong with what he did, from a legal standpoint. This is over-simplified, but the law is written in such a way as to allow vehicles turning right to turn while a vehicle is making a left turn. Vehicle turning right should go into right lane while vehicle turning left goes into left lane. The violation of law comes mainly from failing to yield ROW, which didn't happen here.

Now for my ho-fessional opinion:

I dislike it when people do that. If I'm the Jeep, I will purposely wait until nobody is turning because I don't want to take the chance that the guy turning left is going to finish his turn in my lane. Conversely, if I'm making a left, I don't like seeing people turn right because I have no idea if they're a good driver or just another typical HUA Colorado driver who thinks the road is theirs.

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
You are always to stay in the closest lane you are turning into. You needed to turn to the left most lane and then use your blinker to move over. He needed and did stay to the right where he should be. He did a LEGAL move, you on the other hand did NOT. Wow this was very basic drivers ed here.

However in the real world MOST people fail to stay in their closest lane, so I am cautious about turning at the same time as another...now my best friend he will turn at the same time...and its amazing how many people do not understand he is LEGALLY correct and they honk and what not.

For example if your hanging a right onto Academy where it is THREE lanes one way you are to first turn into the right lane, then use your blinkers to move over one lane at a time till you are in the left most lane. Too many people swerve all the way across, and guess who gets the ticket if they get in a wreck doing that shit...the one that made an ILLEGAL lane change.

Then again a sportbike rider breaking the speed limit, and no mirrors....and do you really think he understood or heard you while he is in his car and your talking through a helmet...LOL Good job for a) not knowing the law b) making us riders look like asshats

Huh? Unless I missed something, I didn't see anything wrong with his turn. He made his turn into the left lane, as required, and got upset because someone was turning right at the same time he was turning left. I'll go back and watch the video again, just to make sure.

ETA: At the 0:09 mark, Wick gets the green arrow. At about the 0:14 mark, Jeep begins its turn. Jeep also has a dividing island and has to yield ROW. At the 0:16 mark, Wick completes his turn into the left lane and lays on his weak-a$$, girly-sounding Yamahorn. At about the 0:19 mark, he punches it. This is where he did something wrong, not before.

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
You are always to stay in the closest lane you are turning into. You needed to turn to the left most lane and then use your blinker to move over. He needed and did stay to the right where he should be. He did a LEGAL move, you on the other hand did NOT. Wow this was very basic drivers ed here.
Tell me how I did not make a legal move? I stayed in the left lane the whole time.

Then again a sportbike rider breaking the speed limit, and no mirrors....and do you really think he understood or heard you while he is in his car and your talking through a helmet...LOL Good job for a) not knowing the law b) making us riders look like asshats
Speed limit is 40, I doubt I even hit 50. I HAVE mirrors, thank you very much. I could hear when he was saying, so I'm guessing he could hear me... he said that he didn't even see me, that's why I made the last comment in the video. You don't know me, or how I ride. How does me getting away from a person not stopping at a red light and me not knowing if he was going to jump over into the lane I WAS OCCUPYING, make me look like an asshat?

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
No he got pissed because he wanted the right lane after turning left. It is illegal to not first go into the closest lane your turning into.

He said he would have merged into the right lane because his next turn was to the right. Whether he would have made a legal lane change or not is speculation. Had the Jeep not been there and he made his left turn into the right lane, he's violated the law as I pointed out. If by "merge" he means signal for 200' (assuming the speed limit is 40 or higher), ensured nobody is next to him, and safely changes lanes, then he's done nothing wrong.

Snowman
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I fully agree...

You have a weak ass horn.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Here's my professional opinion:

I see nothing wrong with what he did, from a legal standpoint. This is over-simplified, but the law is written in such a way as to allow vehicles turning right to turn while a vehicle is making a left turn. Vehicle turning right should go into right lane while vehicle turning left goes into left lane. The violation of law comes mainly from failing to yield ROW, which didn't happen here.
Even if they don't stop at the red light? He does have a yield sign, so how does that come into play?

Huh? Unless I missed something, I didn't see anything wrong with his turn. He made his turn into the left lane, as required, and got upset because someone was turning right at the same time he was turning left. I'll go back and watch the video again, just to make sure.

ETA: At the 0:09 mark, Wick gets the green arrow. At about the 0:14 mark, Jeep begins its turn. Jeep also has a dividing island and has to yield ROW. At the 0:16 mark, Wick completes his turn into the left lane and lays on his weak-a$$, girly-sounding Yamahorn. At about the 0:19 mark, he punches it. This is where he did something wrong, not before.
Exactly.
Stand in front of my bike and I'll honk at you, let me know if my aftermarket horn is girly then. ;)

No he got pissed because he wanted the right lane after turning left. It is illegal to not first go into the closest lane your turning into.
No, I got pissed because he didn't stop at his red light and I didn't know if he would swing all the way over to my lane, like the car ahead of him did.

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Even if they don't stop at the red light? He does have a yield sign, so how does that come into play?

The yield sign at those intersection supercedes the light. They have a clear "right turn only" lane because of the median island. The yield sign is there as a traffic control sign for people turning right. You don't have to stop at a yield sign, just make sure it's clear to all other traffic before you go. In this case, they went into the right lane and didn't violate your ROW.

bulldog
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think anyone did anything wrong really! I think what Wicky did was right when honking because there was a chance the driver was going to go into the far lane and his honk warned the person that he was there. I would rather honk and piss someone off than for them to hit me. Even making gestures at them will make them think twice next time a similar situation occurs. Yes, Wicky could have let it go, but that is easier said than done when it is you on the bike

Still think you guys should have fought though :lol:

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM

PhL0aTeR
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
The story is, that I always yield to traffic with the green light. No matter if I have a right lane or not. If I have my own lane, ie:my turn lane turns into an extra lane on the road, then I'll use it as my own lane. But if I was in his place, where there were already 2 lanes (no "own lane"), I would have waited until the green arrow traffic was clear.

OK, so you are more cautious than the law calls for.... kudos. Why did you honk at him?

bulldog
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I can vouche that Wicky is one of the more safety oriented riders I know! Seriously!

I once passed him on the right and he didn't talk to me for days :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry but then I do not understand why you honked at all if you were not drifting to the right lane. Plenty of room from when you honked and the lane he was in. Do you want him to give you even more room...I don't understand.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/modette99/MISC/poop_002.jpg

Taking a still picture is a lot different then taking the actual speed that we were going.

Wow you act like I'm crazy for saying no mirrors, this picture shows why I would of been confused. Bar mirrors...LOL You could of just said, "dude I have bar end mirrors".

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/modette99/MISC/poop_001.jpg

And you didn't have to basically call me an asshat, so I think we're even. :up:

Seriously you could hear him from this distance and he could hear you...wow you got better hearing then I do. Still point being did you really need to even say a word as he was legal in his actions, even was ahead of you by quit a bit as can be seen in the video and the picture I posted.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/modette99/MISC/poop_003.jpg
I'm sure I was muffled because of the helmet, but yeah, I heard him, and that's why I used my hand gestures, which you can't really see from the camera angles.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I can vouche that Wicky is one of the more safety oriented riders I know! Seriously!

I once passed him on the right and he didn't talk to me for days :lol:
True! This is why I don't ride with you. :lol: Or maybe it's because you don't ride anymore.... either way. :makeout:

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
In the pic above, it looks like you're saying, "Mmmm... Panda Express...."

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
and to be honest he probably said that because after you complained he thought you might of been closer then he thought...he SAW you as you were stopped. But there was plenty of room for both of you to go...the idea behind letting both turn at the same time is to keep traffic flowing. Imagine trying to make a left or right turn in a very busy city but you HAVE to wait till it is clear...you be there 4-5 hours.

I'm just sadden that you were pissed at a driver that did the legal actions and you felt you need to motion and say something. It just makes us all look bad. I've done a few bad things but as I get older I let it go. Now if he was on top of you and coming over you got a valid complaint.
Even if there was "plenty of room", I wouldn't have went if I was in his position. If I'm in a busy area, I will turn into the right lane if no one is in that lane. If someone is in the left lane, I won't make my move, until that car has passed, and here is a gap in that left lane, so I don't freak people out. I guess I'm more courteous than other drivers when it comes to these things. I'll even slow down/speed up on the highway to let people merge onto the highway.... or even move into the next lane over if it's safe. :jawdrop:

I'm 35, I get over things easily, but when something like this happens and I feel like my life could be in danger. Yeah, I get pissed. Sorry you don't feel the same way about your life.

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
In the pic above, it looks like you're saying, "Mmmm... Panda Express...."
I was actually singing to Panda Express, I just muted that part.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
According to CRS 42-4-604, one may make a right turn on red if:

- they come to a complete stop
- they yield to pedestrians
- they yield to other traffic legally using the intersection
- no signs are posted otherwise (for example, "no turn on red")

Doesn't say anything about the yield sign though.

DemonRider
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Here's my view. Right or wrong..this is how I drive:

If I'm in a left turn lane, and there are two or more lanes where I'm headed, I'm going into the left most lane. Anyone turning right from across the intersection should turn into the right-most lane.

Given that, I'd have given you the finger if you honked at me for turning into what I think is "my" lane :tomato:

+1 :). Riding bike, driving wifes little car or driving our monster cage (Trailblazer) I am a firm believer that in a two or three lane roadway, the person make a right turn shall ALWAYS turn into the right lane! The person making the left turn shall always enter the left lane, I do this all the time,,,,,, Except :::: at those interection where I know people just don't give a damn, in my opinion, it's my responsibility to keep myself and my family safe on the road no matter who's wring at the time, yes I get pissed , yes I'll honk if your in the wrong, and yes I'm sitting behind you telling my kids how NOT to drive (using the person at wrong as an example) but no matter what the law or signs say, it's our responsibility to keep each other alive! I have been known to give a person a finger or two when I was younger but now it just one of those things!

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM
And I now understand that they had the LEGAL right to turn. But I still don't think it's right, as my personal preference and how I drive.

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM

salsashark
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I was going to throw this in the video section, but it's more of a discussion.

Posted this on my Facebook page and had some fun "discussions" about it. :lol: So, we I wrong to honk at him and be in a generally bad mood because of my view of the situation?

well??? has your thread delivered?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TKk7VpMY8hI/AAAAAAAALms/w56_bPIIUMc/hCi9g.gif

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
This thread is entirely too long and opinionated for it being a day when everyone should be out riding a motorcycle

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
But your life was not at danger, I re watched the video many times...you were stopped, light changed you started to go, he turned ahead of you...there was no close call, not even slightly. Even if he moved over to the left in the video, you were going right anyways up the road so lets say that happened...still not even a close call.

A close call is a few inches, not measure din feet with lots of room to either side.

Like I always say about round-a-bouts its a give an take situation...which all driving is. I'm glad you slow down and let people merge onto the Interstate...too many people like to speed up and block you and then honk if you by that point HAVE to come over (never had this problem on a motorcycle).
That's why I purposely bolded "i feel", has nothing to do with how you see the situation. It's how I FELT about it.

I slowed down then he made the turn, which is why you think there was plenty of room. If I had continued on at my pace, it would have been a lot closer, and the wide angle doesn't help the depth perception.

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm amazed both those vehicles sat there (wait its CO I'm not amazed by the driving much anymore)...they had a lane to turn right in...a lane that doe snot need to stop, although it looks like that intersection has no merge lane" they still had the ability to go without waiting for any light. If I was the Jeep guy I be pissed at the light colored SUV for not going sooner...I've honked and gone around people that completely stop in those. If someone completely stops I assume they broke down....gone around quit a few int his state.

Sorry I just noticed that on another re watch they had a specific lane to turn right in.
Yeah, it's 2 lanes on both sides of the intersection. There was no merge lane. But I also honk at people that don't use "their own lane". But at that intersection, it's 2 lanes on both sides, so they have to yield to oncoming traffic.

This thread is entirely too long and opinionated for it being a day when everyone should be out riding a motorcycle
I wish I was out riding and not working. :(

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
So anyways.... about these bike goodies... :D

CaneZach
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
By the way, this is why I rarely respond to topics involving cops or the law. It always turns into more of a hassle than originally anticipated

modette99
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
By the way, this is why I rarely respond to topics involving cops or the law. It always turns into more of a hassle than originally anticipated
I was hoping you'd chime in for the legal reasons. I see the error of my ways. :lol:

Funny part with yield, too me feet is fine for moving over or going to others a football field is what they feel is safe. Yielding never means to stop, and also most states have laws stating it is against the law to block someone from merging. Yield is one of those legal definitions that has various meaning to various people...in reality common sense is what it should be.

Go to a round-a-bout, you will see people failing at the use of yielding all day long. Just because my direction might have a yield doe snot mean you should not let me in by slowing down or speeding up...again a give and take situation.

Just like your intersection, the idea behind all these right turn lanes in CO was to make it so traffic would continuously move. If you are turning right at one of these intersections it should be seconds before you go, not minutes...and I have seen people stay stopped for minutes on end till the light changes...that is not why these were designed.

Like Is aid I get pissed at the people that stop at the ones with merges...like 21st and US24...Ive been honked at by the people going straight although you turn into your own lane to merge...LOL I just don't get it here.
Here, they don't have a merge lane. That's the thing. If they did, I would have done the same thing as they did, and that's why the 4Runner was stopped. If you look up Kipling Pkwy. and W. 50th Ave. in Arvada, in Google Maps, go to the street view and you'll see the intersection.

Or I could link it for you.... here. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=w.+50th+ave.+and+kipling+pkwy+arvada,+co&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Kipling+Pkwy+%26+W+50th+Ave,+Wheat+Ridge,+CO +80033&gl=us&ei=hxxbTfWyCo6qsAOhsfCeCg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA)

Swift
Tue Feb 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
In my humble opinion I think you were Justified to think about the situation like you did Goose. I ALWAYS yield to turning vehicles that have the right of way no matter what I am driving or riding. I don't take that chance that the fuckers might pop into my lane because they were changing the radio station or putting on a different pair of panties.

If it had been me I would have been pissed too unless they were in a designated merge only lane (which its obvious that wasn't). It's just common courtesy to yield in that situation regardless of what vehicles are involved.

I say mount a small minigun to the front of the R1 and turn it into you're own personal F14 with live ammunition for the next time some fucker does that shit.

Just my .02

Ted
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Couldn't tell from the video, but the cager may have missed a yield sign ...But it is clear that you had right of way.... Now i want that camera set up you have..reminds me of predator.....

Swift
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I think its a gopro with a side mount if I'm not mistaken.

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I have the 960 GoPro and a sticky on the side of my helmet, just under where the visor closes. I wear it every day that I ride, just in case something happens.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
you never did ever answer my question as to why u honked at him?

modette99
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
you never did ever answer my question as to why u honked at him?
Does it really matter anymore?? :rolleyes:
So you can sleep at night, it's because, at the time, I didn't think he had the right to turn while I had the green arrow, and he had the red. Plus, he didn't even look my way when he made his way out, so part of it was to let him know I was there.

So you only ride for 2 hours...at least thats what the battery life is on my GoPro 1080
My commute is a whole 7 minutes each way. :lol: But my battery lasts way longer than 2 hours. I had it going for my girlfriend's 30th b-day party (drink cam) and the battery lasted about 4 hours.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
from watching the video, it looks like he turned into his lane...IMO that's how it's sposed to be done. If it was a 2 lane road and not a 4 lane, i woulda been pissed. per the rules of the road, you are to turn into your closest lane, which he did, and you should have turned into yours.

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I think we established hat 2 pages ago. ;) :lol:

Ricky
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Do you drive for just YOU, or do you drive for everyone? It sounds to me like you are driving for just you. Granted he didn't have the right of way, there are two lanes. One for you to turn into (which legally you are supposed to turn into that lane even if there's no other car), and one for the jeep to turn into.

I drive for efficiency. It pisses me off when people are hanging out in two lanes making mexican roadblocks. Get out of my, and other people's way, who want to go faster. When at a very busy intersection, there's often times when there's lots of right and left turning traffic that could go at the same time to be efficient. As long as both drivers see each other, and understand what is going on, there's absolutely no reason everyone shouldn't be able to handle what happened in that video. Instead of one car at a time, two cars got to go at once, and the entire process was more efficient. Lack of efficiency is the primary cause of traffic, IMO.

But like I said, the guy didn't have the right of way. If you had both had greens, I say ok. But in that situation, he had the red light. If he had had the green light, he would have had the right of way.

I asked a cop about this kind of situation a few years back and he says that legally, you are supposed to turn into the correct lane (in your case, the left most), then change lanes. But he also said that as long as it's safe to turn directly into the farther lane, they wouldn't usually care.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I think we established hat 2 pages ago. ;) :lol:I didn't read the other 2 pages...:slap:

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
But like I said, the guy didn't have the right of way. If you had both had greens, I say ok. But in that situation, he had the red light. If he had had the green light, he would have had the right of way.
This is where I think I have a problem with the "we can all occupy our own lanes". If we both had a green light, I would have waited to turn left until he has made it right turn, since I feel that he has the right of way. I wouldn't have went at the same time, using the "I will stay in my lane (left) and he will stay in his (right)". That just doesn't seem safe to me.

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I didn't read the other 2 pages...:slap:
Go read it, old man! :happybday:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM
how do you know he didn't have a green light? huh? oh yeah, good point travis

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
how do you know he didn't have a green light? huh? oh yeah, good point travis
Because if he did have a green light, the person waiting to go straight would have proceeded through the intersection, and I wouldn't have had a green left arrow. :eyebrows: Bad point Travis.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Does it really matter anymore?? :rolleyes:
So you can sleep at night, it's because, at the time, I didn't think he had the right to turn while I had the green arrow, and he had the red. Plus, he didn't even look my way when he made his way out, so part of it was to let him know I was there.

My commute is a whole 7 minutes each way. :lol: But my battery lasts way longer than 2 hours. I had it going for my girlfriend's 30th b-day party (drink cam) and the battery lasted about 4 hours.

i have a single track mind, i was still trying to answer your original question.... lol