PDA

View Full Version : Wooooo hooooooooo

jontflesh
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Got some checks in from my work on Friday for all the milage I have been racking up. WHatta ya know, just about enough to cover me for the weekend.
EBC rotors came in on Friday also and got some oil and filter. Heading up to the rents to install the rotors and change the oil. If all goes well I will be racing in the rain this weekend.

THANK GOD! It seems like years since I have been on two wheels. I just may be down there Friday for open track time too :D

I can't wait to show off my pretty bike lol

Hoopty
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Too bad it looks like rain all weekend. :cry: Glad to hear you'll be there splashing in the mud with me! :lol:

NineTwoFour
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I think I'll take splashing in the mud over sliding into the wall in the last turn. :roll:

That turn may as well be ice once the surface gets wet.

Hoopty
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
That turn is the only one that really scares me there. :shock: It sucks it's such an important one. I almost got passed there on the last lap of race 1 last year, I was a little lazy going through it as I did not want to wad it on the last lap, and Jay (red Mille) passed me BARELY past the start/finish line.

jontflesh
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Well I guess I spoke too soon. I think Fleshy's headgasket is blown or worse. Email sent to the Bartman but shit is definatly not good right now. :(

My first and last Susucki for real :banghead:

Anyone want a free bike????? lol

friscokidd
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
That fookin sucks fleshy! :( You better get it fixed suka :lol: As for turn 10, that is scary turn, especially if wet. That the turn where Rocky beat me by 6" at the last pueblo race last season...rocky you bastid :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Flesh I would be very surprised if it's the gasket. Based on what you described, if that thing was blown enough to spew the contents of the radiator through the oil drain you wouldn't have been able to run it last time (not to mention, any and all oil you had would be nicely mixed with water and vice versa).

You probably have something else loose or missing. Did you take anything apart since the last race?

See what Bart says before you can the weekend.

You sure you weren't pouring water into the oil fill? :shock: :lol:

Lel
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 09:30 PM
i would check the heat exchange on the front of the engine next to the oil filter... if your getting that much a mix... could be cracked.

jontflesh
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Ralphy,
Only things I pulled were the front end a few times, bodywork, and battery. BTW the new rotors did the trick on that problem, too bad I bought them though lol.

I forgot I did start up the bike last week when I got the body work installed just to make sure the motor ran after sitting all winter. So after I talked to you on the phone I pulled all the coolant system hoses and chocolate milk came out of all of them :( I have a 1 gallon container full of it if in my car if you want to have a nice tall glass of Hersheys lol.

One thing after some replys on GDC and google searches is the water to oil cooler could be broke and letting water in from there. I will pull that tommorow and take a look since that is pretty damn easy. Other than that I will definatly wait to hear from bart but man it looked awful. It is pretty disconcerning to see the oil come out of the engine looking like that to say the least.

I still fuggen hate my bike.

Lel
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
thats what im sayin! :) the heat exhange, the other little cylinder thingy next to your oil filter; super easy fix if you need a hand let me know.

jason

Anonymous
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hm, good call on the heat exchanger. Remember, if the head gasket was cracked the water would have to fill up quite a bit to flow past that, and even then wouldn't really "pour out" like you were describing. However that exchanger is at the bottom of everything.

Remember, we do have a spare one on your motor sitting in my garage. If it is indeed the head gasket (which I doubt, because again you were able to run the thing) we can't do much; but we can certainly take that part off your other motor and bolt it on.

NineTwoFour
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
That fookin sucks fleshy! :( You better get it fixed suka :lol: As for turn 10, that is scary turn, especially if wet. That the turn where Rocky beat me by 6" at the last pueblo race last season...rocky you bastid :lol:

:lol:

I really learned the importance of carrying corner speed to get a better drive onto the straight during that little episode.

I was WAYYY behind you and I just went tearing through that turn and BARELY caught you at the line.

jontflesh
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks all,

Once I got off line and got a few beers in me I calmed down. Just had a real frustrating history with this bike as most of you know and to see water pouring out of the oil drain I just about burned the bike to the ground.

The heat exchanger is the first thing I will check tonigh. Bart also said that on the SRADs there are some plugs in the vavle cover that are known to pop out. I need to pull the cover and see if the plugs are still in. If one or all poped out clean the plugs and head and jb weld them in and flush the head and crankcase out with gas.
Ralphy, I was also thinking about that old motor last night lol. Parts oh parts.

I guess no matter what it would be a good idea to pour gas down the head and crank no?

ANyway I will dig into the bike after work today and let you know my findings tonight.

I still hate this damn bike lol. If I had some extra cash I woulda jumped on Ricks RS250 :twisted:

Anonymous
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Why do I sense a couple more oil changes for the flesh...

jontflesh
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Why do I sense a couple more oil changes for the flesh...
No doubt, I will need to go get some uber shitty oil to run through her a few times.

I am really really really glad I did not dump $50.00 bucks worth of Silkolene into her last night :shock:

jontflesh
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Update.....
Just got home from ripping old hardley apart. The oil filter housing deal is not cracked so that is all good.
Pulled the valve cover and just like mr Bartman said, there are 5 little tabs next to each of the cylinders. 4 of the 5 had popped out. Doh! GOt them all sanded down and cleaned up along with the part on the head they go into and JB welded the fuckers in place.
WIll let the bike sit over night and tommorow afternoon I will be dumping some gas down the head :shock: and into the crank case. Let that drain out, put some uber crappy oil in her, let her run for a bit and see if all is well.

Lets all pray for Fleshy!

:drink: