PDA

View Full Version : Southern California People...

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 09:12 AM
... I'm talkin to you Matty!

Kris and I are headed out to California the end of March to shoot a wedding in Malibu. We're staying a couple blocks away from the Santa Monica Pier. Being a Northern California guy, I don't know much about what's down there, besides the pier and Venice Beach. Anything else we need to check out? I'll obviously have my camera, so some cool stuff to shoot, and looking for some kick ass restaurants too. :D

Oh, and we'll be there from Thursday till Sunday w/ the wedding on Friday.

Matty
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
call me later tonight.

asp_125
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
West Hollywood?

Matty
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 10:35 AM
West Hollywood?

actually some really good "straight" bars and restaurants in west hollywood. Start at La Boheme for dinner. Then go across the street to Barney's Beanery for a drinks. www.barneysbeanery.com It's a nostalgic bar. It was pretty much the last stop along Route 66.

But ya people watching in West Hollywood is pretty entertaining.

Keyser Soze
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM
"Let California fall into the fuckin ocean"

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM
These threads always make me miss Santa Monica, where I grew up, from first grade through H.S. and J.C.

Too much to suggest...

Matty
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
These threads always make me miss Santa Monica, where I grew up, from first grade through H.S. and J.C.

Too much to suggest...

ya that's why i told John to call me.

Sarge
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I'm actually headed that way myself around the second week of May. Going to cheesy family places like Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego Wild Animal Park, etc... I grew up down there as well.

Depths_of_Mind
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Knott's Berry Farm is kitchy.

asp_125
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Cool stuff with cool architecture to shoot? Getty Museum just up CA1 from Malibu.

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
We'll only be up in Malibu for the wedding on Friday, and we won't have a car. So looking for walking distance from the pier. :D

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Cool stuff with cool architecture to shoot? Getty Museum just up CA1 from Malibu.

Getty Museum moved many years ago... but PCH is a goldmine of food and bikinis

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
We'll only be up in Malibu for the wedding on Friday, and we won't have a car. So looking for walking distance from the pier. :D

3rd street Promenade, Palisades Park, all of Downtown SM is right there..., tons of food and booze to choose from..., TrueTone Music (oops, wrong board), HiDeHo Comics,

Kitten
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
There is a possibility that we will be going to the Jimmy Kimmel Live Show on Thursday night...and we are planning to get both of you tickets if we get them.

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Is that back on the table?

Kitten
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't know if you'll get there in time is the only potential issue. Not sure yet or not...