PDA

View Full Version : Fairing Bolts for the F4i

ImolaFem
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I called Honda Excel and the fairing bolts I need are 5 mm x 19 mm and 5 mm x 15 mm. However, they didn't know the thread pitch. He said the most common thread pitch is .75 mm.

These are for the fairing bolts by the kick stand (both sides), center of the lower fairings (by where a frame slider goes), and the very bottom of the fairing by the headers.

I put my bike back together this weekend and noticed some of the bolts on it had a coarser thread pitch and wouldn't thread into some of the holes, so it looks like someone forced the wrong bolts in there once.

Can anyone confirm that it is indeed .75 mm thread pitch for an 01 F4i? Also, is there a place in Colorado Springs or Denver that I can get these for less than $3 a pop at the dealer?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I know...i need a few for my Gixxer. Went to performance and they didn't carry any oem. Price was about the same too.

Boy Scout
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Not sure on the pitch, but Ron Ayers has them for $1-$2 depending on which ones you need. You might also try AAA Metric Supply, Inc. (http://www.aaametric.com) in Denver. (303) 892-9000 / (800) 234-0271.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Your best bet might be to look on ebay- That's where i'm looking.

ImolaFem
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I could go to a fastener and bolt store if I knew pitch -- tho it seems there's not a wide availability. At worst I could try trial and error with the bolts that I have and go from there -- measure, etc, but its easier if someone has already done the research =)