PDA

View Full Version : 2011 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up - CSC Entry Sponsored by TFOG & HPR!

Spiderman
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
This year mark's Denver's 49th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, and the 10th year the CSC will be participating in it!

This year's entry is made possible through the generosity of:

:bow: http://www.tfogracing.com/tfoglogo.png (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=458518#post458518) :yay: and :bow: http://hasenhundl.com/CSC/Parade/2011/HPR_Logo.jpg (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/) :yay:

Each participant (rider and passenger), will receive a commemorative t-shirt, which we'd like you to wear during the parade (over gear, if so desired).

This year's parade takes place on Saturday, March 12.
Like previous years, we have spots for 30 bikes to participate. The parade starts at 10AM, and our staging time will also be around 10AM (IIRC, we won't start moving until about noon). Complete staging details will be PM'd to participants signed up below.

Since we are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes, this will be done on a sign-up basis. To sign up, simply reply to this thread, but only if you are serious about participating (and braving cold temps in the morning). Don't forget to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them (if you or your passenger will be wearing the t-shirt over gear, please take that into consideration). We should be able to get kids sizes.

What about gear (helmet/jacket/boots/gloves)?
Most participants do not wear gear during the parade, except for maybe gloves and boots, because for the most part, our pace never gets much faster than walking speed (think "stop & crawl" traffic, which also means the parade will be hard on your clutch and your left hand/forearm). We usually have a vehicle or 2 in which you can store any gear that you don't want to wear during the parade. The decision to wear gear (or not) is personal, and should be whatever you're comfortable with.

Important: Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you can't provide it, you won't be allowed to participate in the parade.

Please do not copy and paste the list. I will update it daily. Just respond that you're interested, and what t-shirt size(s) you'll need.

Official Sign-Up List:
0. rforsythe & Dizzy D - in truck w/banners
0. Mother Goose & ~Kat~ (XL + M) - Official CSC Event Photographer
0. The GECCO (L) - in HPR Pace Car
1. Spiderman (XL + M)
2. bornwildnfree (XL)
3. SaShWhO (XL + M)
4. SaShWhO Jr.
5. eg bter (XL)
6. swademaster (XXL)
7. swademaster's Jr. (YL)
8. ghostrider_9 (M) birchyboy
9. Monica (S) RMpowerR1
10. Riverdog (L + S)
11. Powers (XL)
12. Stank Juic3 (XL + S)
13. 2010UribeFamily (L + XL)
14. CBRSue (XL)
15. dirkterrell (M)
16. thankgod (M)
17. aerofaze (S)
18. Mntntoproc (L)
19. Sleev (M)
20. kjohnston1979 (XL)
21. Dirtbag (XL)
22. Spooph (L + S)
23. NUTZ (XL) usmcab35
24. Jdmluvr (XL + M)
25. 2isbetterthan4 (XL+ M)
26. Swift (XL)
27. Sir Bacon (XL + S)
28. sam38a1 (L)
29. Snowman (XL)
30. 2wheeler4life (XL)

Stand-By List:
will-t
tl1000riders

bornwildnfree
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Oh OH mememmeme I wear an XL. Thank you TFOG and HPR for sponsoring us this year!!! Now who's with me in wearing a shamrock headband?

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
In with a XL and a M for my tagalong

eg bter
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM
In...XL

swademaster
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm in and Blake is planning to ride the 50 again, too.

XXL for me and Youth Large for Blake.

ghostrider_9
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 03:45 PM
M for me and S for Monica . . .

puckstr
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Put me down for a maybe.

Riverdog
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Please count me in (T-shirt Large)
I will have my daughter on the back (T-shirt Small)

Spiderman
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM
M for me and S for Monica . . .

1 bike or 2?

ghostrider_9
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM
1 bike or 2?

I will have to consult with my better half, but I bet she would like to ride her own.

Spiderman
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Put me down for a maybe.

We don't do "maybe's" for the parade - t-shirts have to be ordered, each bike has to be counted and paid for. I'll take note of it, and if there's room when we reach the deadline to order shirts, I can check back in with you for a definite yes or no, but otherwise just keep an eye on this list, and if you decide either way, just let me know. 8)

powers
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I was there last year... great time!!

Count me in. XL shirt

Stank Juic3
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sign me up I'm in - xl and small for jen

DemonRider
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Sign me up please, my son will also be riding with me,, 1-Large 1-X-Large Thanks

dirkterrell
Fri Feb 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Susan and I are in. Two bikes, XL and M shirts.

Dirk

thankgod
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm game! I wear a size M. Thanks!:silly:

aerofaze
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Bob, I'm in with 2 bikes in my party.

One size S and one size XL please!

Sleev
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hellz yeah I'm in! Med size shirt pls. Thanks to Tfog and hpr!

kjohnston1979
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 10:15 AM
count me in x large and need to know my wife could drive durango in it if possible to carry some gear and banners on suv if need be just let me know

Spiderman
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Sign me up I'm in - xl and small for jen
Shawn, is Jen gonna be on the back with you or she riding her own bike (does she still have a street bike?)?

count me in x large and need to know my wife could drive durango in it if possible to carry some gear and banners on suv if need be just let me know
Ralph usually drives his pickup with the banners & gear, but if that's not gonna happen, I'll let you know. Thanks for offering. 8)

Spooph
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM
In, L please. Thanks HPR and TFOG!

MetaLord 9
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Wish i could make it this year. It'll be the first one I've missed in four years. I've got a flight to Ohio that afternoon for a memorial, so I'd much rather be at the parade. If anyone who hasn't done it is on the fence, do it. It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet your fellow CSC members!

McVaaahhh
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM
So bummed I'm going to miss this. :(

Definitely an event I looked forward to every year. I'll rip the pitster around on Sat just to feel like I'm still a part of it....

Stank Juic3
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Shawn, is Jen gonna be on the back with you or she riding her own bike (does she still have a street bike?)?

She'll be riding with me sir.

NUTZ
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM
What the heck, I'm in! XL shirt. Thanks HPR and TFOG!

Sarge
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I want to gooooo, but I won't have a bike by then. :cry:

Snowman
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
What is the official parade policy on burn outs, stunting, closeness to the crowd, etc...
We don't need to get almost arrested again, like last year.

Spiderman
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
What is the official parade policy on burn outs, stunting, closeness to the crowd, etc...
We don't need to get almost arrested again, like last year.

No stunting (insurance liability issue). Parade entries are officially only allowed to stop and "perform" (ie: burn outs) in front of the judges stand (just before the intersection of of 20th and Blake).

kjohnston1979
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM
not a problem at all spiderman just give me a call or pm or whatever lol when ya know for sure

Jdmluvr
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Im gonna take that day off just to ride in this. HA HA. XL + M for the wifey.

2isbetterthan4
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty new here but I've heard this is a great way to get to know other people in the club, and it just so happens that St. Patty's is my favorite holiday! I'm definitely in and my wife Nikki will be on the back of my bike (XL for me and M for her). Can't wait to meet you guys!

The GECCO
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hey Bob, can you save me a two-wheeled spot on the list if the pace car thing falls through?

Swift
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 02:13 AM
I'm in XL

Spiderman
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hey Bob, can you save me a two-wheeled spot on the list if the pace car thing falls through?
Glenn, consider it done... what size t-shirt do you want? :D

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
I'll be there taking pictures, so make sure those bikes are squeaky clean. ;)

DemonRider
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
if we snag a bunch of little candies is it cool to pass it around to the crowd?? probably close to the ground as not to "HIT" anyone but just checking in, were grabbing a few extras, maybe a headband or two, hahaha

Never mind, read the rule!:)

DENVER ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE COMMITTEE PARADE DAY RULES
Saturday, March 12, 2011

All participants must enter Coors Field parking lot through their pre-assigned entrances.This information will be mailed to you in early March. Check in as directed. All participants must know your group unit number, and staging street address.
Follow the directions and instructions given by the Parade Marshals at all times.
Do not park cars or other vehicles that are not part of your unit(s) in the staging area. The Parade Marshals will direct you to the participant parking area.
Parade units may perform only once for no more than 45 seconds in front of the judges' reviewing stand. Marshals’ instructions to resume movement must be promptly followed. Parade units are not allowed to stop and perform anywhere along the parade route if such performance in any way distrupts the flow of the parade. All units must insure they are keeping pace with the unit ahead of them and there are not unreasonable gaps which interrupt the flow of the parade.
Children under the age of 5 may ride, but are not allowed to march in the parade.
Drinking of alcohol by parade entrants is not permitted anywhere along the parade
route.
As a safety precaution, no candy or other objects shall be thrown from parade unit.
Items may be handed to children and other parade spectators by persons walking at the sides of the parade unit.
Participants shall clean up any materials or debris left in the staging area by your unit(s). This applies particularly (but not exclusively) to units with animals.
Parade units must continue moving until you have returned to the disband area insideCoors Field parking lot. No stopping or unloading will be allowed prior to that, since thiswill cause congestion and delays in the parade.
Owners of parade vehicles shall ensure that such vehicles are insured as required by Colorado law.
Drivers of motor vehicles must remain with the vehicle at all times.
Parade applicants shall clearly identify a person or persons in charge of their unit whomay be contacted by Marshals or other Parade officials regarding parade rules violations.
Parade units violating any of these rules may, at the discretion of the Board of
Directors (BOD) of the Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, Inc. (DSPDPC) be
disqualified from awards and denied entry in future parades.
All entrants may be subject to City & County of Denver fire and safety inspections
and code enforcement and additional fees as necessary.

Spiderman
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
if we snag a bunch of little candies is it cool to pass it around to the crowed?? probably close to the ground as not to "HIT" anyone but just checking in, were grabbing a few extras,

No. Here's the section of the Parade Rules that addresses that:

As a safety precaution, no candy or other objects shall be thrown
from a parade unit. Items may be handed to children and other
parade spectators by persons walking at the sides of the parade
unit

Sleev
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM
I want to gooooo, but I won't have a bike by then. :cry:

rent the can-am. that drew some attention last year

http://www.coloradosportbikerentals.com/Can_Am_Spyder.html

someone got a deal on it last year

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Count me IN, with a XL

Sarge
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM

Tempting, but the $250/day price tag seems a bit excessive just for a parade. Almost makes me want to road trip it to Tahoe and back on my four days off when I get home next week to pick up the RSV.

asp_125
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 01:54 PM

I did, 303 gave me a screaming deal last year for the parade. I don't know if they even have it anymore though, I though they were trying to sell that side of the business. Kids thought it was really cool and adults wanted to know who rented it.

sam38a1
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Sign me up.

Shirt is Large.

Thanks,
Sam

2isbetterthan4
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Spiderman, my buddy just signed up for the CSC but it seems like he doesn't have access to anything yet. His screen name is 2wheeler4life and he'd like to do the parade as well if there's room. He's an XL. Thank you

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Is anyone throwing candy? Grab a handful of bacon and toss it :D

birchyboy
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I'm in. A 2xl for me and an L for my wife Can't wait!

Spiderman
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Spiderman, my buddy just signed up for the CSC but it seems like he doesn't have access to anything yet. His screen name is 2wheeler4life and he'd like to do the parade as well if there's room. He's an XL. Thank you
I added him to the list.

:roll: Read this in re: throwing candy (or anything else). (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=543942#post543942)

I'm in. A 2xl for me and an L for my wife Can't wait!
Sorry birchboy, the list just filled up. I've got you as the first standby though.

rforsythe
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM

We want to make the crowd happy, not start a riot over our meat.

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=

:roll: Read this in re: throwing candy (or anything else). (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=543942#post543942)

[/QUOTE]

:slap: Ugh, that whole reading thing seems like a waste. Rules in audio would be nice. Now, launching of the bacon would be fun!

DemonRider
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:05 PM

So 5 lbs of what kind of bacon for pre start? Hahahaha. Maybe turn our mufflers into fortfied Bacon throwers,LOL! But no Just joking, can't wait to see everyone there, Peace!!

Spooph
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
We could just wrap our headers with bacon and make everybody really hungry for it while we roll through, and then have a bacon stall at the end of it, or something... :P

Spooph
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Hey Spidey, I have a question - To dress up for the parade I have this massive pink fuzzy hat. I was hoping to wear that, with red sticker dots all over my skin, with a sign on my bike that says "I'm allergic to the fuzz"... Would this be too aggravational?

Spiderman
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Yes... it might aggravate me.

Seriously tho, while it IS funny, this isn't really the venue to be making political statements... and while it may represent the opinion of many individuals in the club, it's not representative of anything the club officially stands for.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that, but this is a free country - I'll leave the final decision up to you.

Spooph
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
oh grr, forcing me to responsible and stuff..... Fine, I'll go with something more appropriate.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm not forcing you to do anything... These aren't the droids you're looking for. 8)

Sir Bacon Lube
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
ass-less chaps, jacket, gloves and helmet are good though right?

Spiderman
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
:roll: Chaps, by definition, ARE ass-less. Calling them "ass-less chaps" is redundant - it's like saying "I was all alone by myself".

Sir Bacon Lube
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Not sure where you are goin with that...what?

thankgod
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Any plans for after the parade? Lunch? Ride in the Mt.'s?

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hey Bob, can you mark me down for a Small T-shirt too please.

aerofaze
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Any plans for after the parade? Lunch? Ride in the Mt.'s?

I'd be down for lunch.

As for a mountain ride, it IS March, typically Colorado's snowiest month of the year :cold:... which may make for a lot of interesting fun.

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Usually (in the past) we head over to Breckenridge Brewery after the parade. Don't know if that's still the case.

Sully
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
ass-less chaps, jacket, gloves and helmet are good though right?

:roll: Chaps, by definition, ARE ass-less. Calling them "ass-less chaps" is redundant - it's like saying "I was all alone by myself".

It would be safe to say that if he wore the "ass-less" chaps, he would be all alone, by himself.. :slappers: And I don't want to be the one behind him in the parade! :bigeyes:

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 01:02 PM
It would be safe to say that if he wore the "ass-less" chaps, he would be all alone, by himself.. :slappers: And I don't want to be the one behind him in the parade! :bigeyes:

For all you know, I may have a very nice rear :eyebrows:

However, it's the front I'm mostly concerned about :cold:

Sully
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Just wear your GINORMOUS COCKy Belt Buckle.... :lol:... It may help distract the ladiez from the sausage or bacon :eyebrows:

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Just wear your GINORMOUS COCKy Belt Buckle.... :lol:... It may help distract the ladiez from the sausage or bacon :eyebrows:

um...it really isn't THAT big. Big enough that you will see it and enjoy it, but it won't make your jaw drop. :slap: I've seen bigger, and I wouldn't want to lug around that much extra weight :gay:

bornwildnfree
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hey Bob, can you mark me down for a Small T-shirt too please.
Sooo you're wearing chaps and a small tshirt....did I miss something and if so, I have some friends who are going to be VERY happy about the new change :gay:

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I may have to buy a new camera after this, cause it's going to break, I know it.

bornwildnfree
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:19 PM
^^you might want to switch to disposable cameras for this. That way if you mistakenly get a chaps shot and it breaks you're only out $7 bucks or so:D

asp_125
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Adam, it's the St Paddy Day parade not the :gay: pride parade. :lol:

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
ahhh, you all assume the chaps and the small t-shirt are for me BWAHAHA

birchyboy
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Adam, it's the St Paddy Day parade not the :gay: pride parade. :lol:

Hey could always be going as a gay leprechaun

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hey could always be going as a gay leprechaun

They do take gold more seriously than most women. They even wear fancy bling on the boots and belt. :wait:

swademaster
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Are we meeting for breakfast before the parade again this year?

THoward
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
We'd sure like you all to come join us after the parade...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38227

Hope to see you then!!

Terry

kjohnston1979
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 09:32 AM
lmao at all these posts too funny cant wait to finally meet you all at the parade

Swift
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Are we meeting for breakfast before the parade again this year?

+1

Sir Bacon Lube
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I will bring the bacon if someone has a grill

THoward
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I haven't read anything about wearing of the kilts......

Spooph
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Who's got a utili-kilt?

Spiderman
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
We'd sure like you all to come join us after the parade...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38227

Hope to see you then!!

Terry
Anyone else interested in heading over to this? 8)

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Not me. A little out of the way for me, so probably head home and watch the Daytona races.

Swift
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I would but I'm probably gonna be with my car club around that time.

Spiderman
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Not me. A little out of the way for me, so probably head home and watch the Daytona races.

It's a little outta the way for me too, but I think it'll be a good time and worth the trip.

DemonRider
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
We will go:) why the heck not, nothing better to do afterwords anyway.

Sleev
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Who's got a utili-kilt?

I'd rock one of those but my GF won't let me :mad:

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I haven't read anything about wearing of the kilts......

get these in bulk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gregg-Homme-KILT-Thong-Tanga-A1104-RED-/160547734993?pt=US_CSA_MC_Underwear&var=&hash=item6b1b36ab41

Sleev
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
That little patch of cloth wouldn't do much.

thankgod
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Fucking hilarious!
get these in bulk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gregg-Homme-KILT-Thong-Tanga-A1104-RED-/160547734993?pt=US_CSA_MC_Underwear&var=&hash=item6b1b36ab41

Spooph
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Too funny Sleev.

Spidey, is it too late to put in for a small-sized shirt in addition to the Large I put in for?

Spiderman
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Spidey, is it too late to put in for a small-sized shirt in addition to the Large I put in for?

No, you're lucky... it'll cost ya tho. :cheers:

Spooph
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Not a prob. Thanks mang!

Jdmluvr
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Any Northies wanna meet up that morning and ride down together? Im on 128th and Colorado. But a good meeting spot is probably NoCo.

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Any Northies wanna meet up that morning and ride down together? Im on 128th and Colorado. But a good meeting spot is probably NoCo.

Historically what we've done is meet up for breakfast at the Village Inn across from NoCo and then ride down to the meetup point. We're game if that's what everyone wants to do.

Dirk

DemonRider
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
I'm game, VI, what time?

Jdmluvr
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, count us in. +1, what time?

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
I seem to recall that we met there at 7:30 before but I'll make a final call once we get the staging details from Bob.

Dirk

Stank Juic3
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM

Im on a 104th an Washington. Wayne aka EG Bter said meet at that Village Inn on 120th (NOCO). I say switch it up and go to Waffle house (better food) on 84th and Washington but thats just me and most likely I will be at Village inn cause NOBODY wants WAFFLE HOUSE

Swift
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone south wanna meet?

Skinbabe
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Sounds like tons of fun, cant wait to see the pics guys!! (Well, the pics that don't include Adams or anyone elses junk) Don't forget to bring an extra clutch!

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Sounds like tons of fun, cant wait to see the pics guys!! (Well, the pics that don't include Adams or anyone elses junk) Don't forget to bring an extra clutch!

Too modest to not wear skibbies, so no worries from my end

kjohnston1979
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
are we all gonna meet some where and then go to our spot as a group or just whatever? thanks

thankgod
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Stank, that sounds good, what time?

Spiderman
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
are we all gonna meet some where and then go to our spot as a group or just whatever? thanks

What we've done in the past (which has worked pretty well IMHO) is have a centrally-located breakfast meet up location that's not too far from Coors Field, then everybody can meet there, either for breakfast, or after breakfast, then we ride to the staging area together, and attempt to all show up as one group. lol

Some of the groups riding in from not-so-central locations choose to meet for breakfast at a location convenient to their locale, then meet up with the main group after breakfast.

Last year we met at the Village Inn at 400 W 48th Ave, Denver (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=400+W+48th+Ave,+Denver&aq=&sll=39.860329,-105.077104&sspn=0.014495,0.028903&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=400+W+48th+Ave,+Denver,+Colorado+80216&ll=39.782916,-104.992089&spn=0.007255,0.014452&z=17&iwloc=A) (near the intersection of I-70 & I-25)... about 10 minutes away from Coors Field. How does that sound?

We'll be leaving there at 9:15 sharp. We'll be there around 7:30 if you want to meet us for breakfast.

swademaster
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
What time, Bob?

Spiderman
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
We're supposed to be at the staging area at 9:30 this year, so I'd say meet between 7:30-8:00, head to the parking lot at 9:00, ksu @ 9:15. Sound good?

swademaster
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Sounds good to me.

DemonRider
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Ok, well we will meet you all there @ 7:30 48th and Washington area right? VI

Swift
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Gotta get me some yum yums before or I might turn into the Hulk during the parade so I'm there for Village Inn.

Jdmluvr
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
I love waffle house! However, its a bit small there. Lol. If everyone is gonna meet at the 48th VI, then I could meet you (Stank) and whoever else is a Northie, off of 104th and ride to VI together. Like maybe that Shell station on the West side of I25 and 104th???? Sound good "Uribefamily"? [/B][/B]
Im on a 104th an Washington. Wayne aka EG Bter said meet at that Village Inn on 120th (NOCO). I say switch it up and go to Waffle house (better food) on 84th and Washington but thats just me and most likely I will be at Village inn cause NOBODY wants WAFFLE HOUSE

DemonRider
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Ya, I'll be there then ride down to 48th. Cool with me, how about meet at shell @ around 7:00 or 7:15 ish?

Jdmluvr
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Cool, ill be there at 714ish lmao!

thankgod
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Shell Station then? 7:00am -7-30am? perfect! that's right down the street from mi casa.
I love waffle house! However, its a bit small there. Lol. If everyone is gonna meet at the 48th VI, then I could meet you (Stank) and whoever else is a Northie, off of 104th and ride to VI together. Like maybe that Shell station on the West side of I25 and 104th???? Sound good "Uribefamily"? [/B][/B]

DemonRider
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Shell Station then? 7:00am -7-30am? perfect! that's right down the street from mi casa.

Ya, Shell @ around 7-715 then we will ride down to 48th VI

Aphrodite
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
nice Group! Wow!! I get to watch from the sidelines :(

RMpowerR1
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM
hey throw me on the stand by list . Im ready

2isbetterthan4
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately we won't be able to do breakfast before the parade, but we look forward to meeting you all at the staging area! Which actually leads me to my question, I know that we are supposed to be there 9:15 or 9:30 but where exactly are we all supposed to meet at, which lot? Also, we would love to do something with the group after the parade so we were wondering if there is there anything in the works for for later (a ride, the brewery, etc)? Look forward to meeting you all!

2isbetterthan4
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, just read Spideys informational post above, we'll plan on meeting you guys at the Village Inn after breakfast, around 8:45 or 9:00!

Spiderman
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I know that we are supposed to be there 9:15 or 9:30 but where exactly are we all supposed to meet at, which lot?
I'll be sending that information out shortly to all participants via PM. 8)

Stank Juic3
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM

Ya, I'll be there then ride down to 48th. Cool with me, how about meet at shell @ around 7:00 or 7:15 ish?

I see what I can do! If im not up in Superior at waynes house. But I think I can meet ya'll at Shell.

ghostrider_9
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well, it looks like I am working this weekend. Monica and I are out. Sorry for the late notice. I just found out a few minutes ago. I have already let Bob know. I hope you guys have a great time! Take lots of pics, so that those of us that are working can enjoy it also . . .

The GECCO
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
FYI - I will be driving the HPR Mustang Pace Car in the parade and will have a passenger seat available if someone wants to ride.

aerofaze
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Well, it looks like I am working this weekend. Monica and I are out. Sorry for the late notice. I just found out a few minutes ago. I have already let Bob know. I hope you guys have a great time! Take lots of pics, so that those of us that are working can enjoy it also . . .

Why can't Monica come without you??? ;)

Sorry we'll miss you this time around (I'm pretty sure I've met both of you, but it would've been nice to see you guys again). SOON!

ghostrider_9
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Why can't Monica come without you??? ;)

Sorry we'll miss you this time around (I'm pretty sure I've met both of you, but it would've been nice to see you guys again). SOON!

She is more than welcome to go without me. I would not ever ask her not to go. Realistically though, she's not the super social type. The only reason she was going in the first place was because I was going. I did ask her if she still wanted to go, but she said she didn't . . . it's not the same if I'm not there.

NUTZ
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I'm out, highsided the bike this morning. :(

birchyboy
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I'm out, highsided the bike this morning. :(

Man, sorry to hear that. You OK?

Spooph
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM
DAMN! What? That sucks!

Also, my passenger canceled on me, so I'll have an extra S size shirt if anybody wants it...

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM
DAMN! What? That sucks!

Also, my passenger canceled on me, so I'll have an extra S size shirt if anybody wants it...

I'll take it!

powers
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Do we have any idea when we might get moving? It seemed like we were there for hours last year, so maybe a good guess for this year?

I am trying to get info to non parade people on when we will get moving.

Also, any ideas on good parking spots for the general public? Maybe along Market or Larimer if they are open?

Thanks.

NUTZ
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah I'm ok. Took a few layers of skin off my knee and got a sore shoulder. Bike just needs a right side fairing, some touch up paint and it will be good to go. :)

kjohnston1979
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM
nutz im glad your ok

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
dang second year in a row i missed the sign up.. damn. could i be put on the back up roster? (949)743-4084....

I really want to GO!!!

birchyboy
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM
dang second year in a row i missed the sign up.. damn. could i be put on the back up roster? (949)743-4084....

I really want to GO!!!

You should PM spiderman directly about this. It sounds like a spot opened up this morning.

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
pm sent!!!!

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:11 AM

I really want to GO!!!

so much for "first in"

do some push ups, Marine!

Spooph
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Shirt goes to Sash...

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
so much for "first in"

see if i was still in the marines i would have been the first, but now im in the army so its not first to fight lol how you going to get yelled at this year?

ghostrider_9
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM
so much for "first in"

Marines don't do push ups. We are actually moving the world farther away from us . . . yes, we are that self centered . . .

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM
fo sho:)

I'll try to make it at least 100 yards in this year.

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Marines don't do push ups. We are actually moving the world farther away from us . . . yes, we are that self centered . . .

perfectly said lol 8)

aerofaze
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
fo sho:)

I'll try to make it at least 100 yards in this year.

But then we won't have any more funny photos of a cop demanding that you leave formation... ;)

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
But then we won't have any more funny photos of a cop demanding that you leave formation... ;)

:pointlaugh:

Jdmluvr
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah I'm ok. Took a few layers of skin off my knee and got a sore shoulder. Bike just needs a right side fairing, some touch up paint and it will be good to go. :)

Glad you're ok.

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM
sir smokes alot

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
jdmluvr i live right by you, i live roughly off 100th and riverdale, so where are you meeting? i would be down for riding down together and getting some grub..

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Ya, Shell @ around 7-715 then we will ride down to 48th VI

im meet you guys at shell too, i live right down the road.

salsashark
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Hey Spidey... do you have the parade order? Is it worth throwing it on the DVR or is the CSC toward the back again... due to be cut out of air time?

Mntntoproc
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hello! I'm new to the club but will be riding with you all on Saturday at the parade! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

aerofaze
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hello! I'm new to the club but will be riding with you all on Saturday at the parade! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

And he's on the list as #18: JasonR. :D

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM

welcome to the gang!

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 09:48 AM
so did anyone ever figure out about where in the parade we will be? lineup?

Jdmluvr
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I don't know very many people here either. Looking forward to meeting you all.

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I don't know very many people here either. Looking forward to meeting you all.

be carefull what you ask for lol :loop:

Jdmluvr
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
^ ha ha. I take it back!

Swift
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I have yet to meet any of you so this is gonna be a new experience for me as well.

Riverdog
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I have yet to meet any of you so this is gonna be a new experience for me as well.

I am still looking at riding down in the morning. Since you are coming from Castle Rock and leaving around 7:00 I think meeting at the gas station on the north east corner of I-25 and Arapahoe should work I will be there at 7:15 + or - 5 minutes. We can then head out to meet the rest for breakfast. If there are any other south end riders who would like to head down with us, please feel free to join.

aerofaze
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Do we have any idea when we might get moving?

Since the parade looks to start at 10AM, and they're asking the first wave of marchers to show up to Coors Field at 8AM, my completely ignorant guess is that we may start heading out of Coors Field around 11:30AM.

... If there are any other south end riders who would like to head down with us, please feel free to join.

Thanks for the invite! Ordinarily we'd probably join you, but we're staying in Denver tonight. See you tomorrow!

Swift
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I am still looking at riding down in the morning. Since you are coming from Castle Rock and leaving around 7:00 I think meeting at the gas station on the north east corner of I-25 and Arapahoe should work I will be there at 7:15 + or - 5 minutes. We can then head out to meet the rest for breakfast. If there are any other south end riders who would like to head down with us, please feel free to join.
I'll see you there then. 8)

rforsythe
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I am probably going to toss the R2SL 2-up GSX-R in the bed of the truck too, if someone has a kid that wants to ride on that during the parade and wave (i.e. bike strapped into the truck). My only real requirement is that there is some sort of adult supervision back there and the kid is big enough to hold on and not act like a dumbass.

Snowman
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
... My only real requirement is that there is some sort of "adult supervision" back there and the kid is big enough to hold on and not "act like a dumbass".Am I missing something?

will-t
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Are all 30 slots confirmed, anyone backing out last minute?

Just saw the post today, noticed there were no alts, so figured I'd check.

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM
pm spiderman and let him know you want to be a alternate, that way if something comes open it might be yours.

Spiderman
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM

And he's on the list as #18: JasonR. :D

Name changed on the list 8)

rforsythe
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Am I missing something?

Nothing specifically, I just want to make sure people know my only real rules for back-of-the-truck parade participation. It's good fun for kids, I am just not going to babysit them for anyone.

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 05:10 PM
which shell station are you fuggers talking about?

DemonRider
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
which shell station are you fuggers talking about?

Sash, some of us are meeting up at Shell on 104th and I-25, then riding down to VI on 48th ave for Breakfast with the others!!! I'm not sure where you live but your welcome to join I'm sure, were planning on 7:00 -7:15 others including myself will likely be there earlier then that though.

By the way, anyone call VI and tell them were coming? Or is it early enough that it won't be busy?

swademaster
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Blake and I got our bikes washed and ready today. I don't think we'll make breakfast at VI, but we'll meet up with all of you there.

RMpowerR1
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hey swift and riverdog ill be seeing you on i 25 some were around the yale exit .

Swift
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Sounds good. Just figure we'll be passing there around 7:25ish most likely.

thankgod
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:45 PM
:shock:

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM
probably wont make it to shell but we'll meet up with all you fine folk at the Village.

Snowman
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
You all are a bunch of deviants, getting warnings for doing burn outs from yellow vest wearing police cadets. At least my warning came from a full dress officer...

swademaster
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Nice seeing everybody again. Blake and I had a good time.

Mother Goose
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Put my pics up....

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=548377#post548377

Swift
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Great meeting you all today. Had a blast.

Jdmluvr
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Had a great time today everyone. It was nice to meet everyone.

dirkterrell
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
You all are a bunch of deviants, getting warnings for doing burn outs from yellow vest wearing police cadets. At least my warning came from a full dress officer...

I started taking my camera out when he came charging up to you. I thought he was going to beat you senseless for being such a hooligan. :twisted:

RMpowerR1
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Great time cant wait till next year ! Will have to do some rides this summer :fire:

Spooph
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 11:02 PM
It was awesome! Thanks a bunch everybody!

sam38a1
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Had a great time today everyone. It was great to meet everyone.

2isbetterthan4
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I had a blast and definitely look forward to riding with you guys in the future!

usmcab35
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM
had a great time, it was fun riding next to sasha and a few others getting screamed at hahaha.next time we will have to bbq while waiting in the staging area!

usmcab35
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 11:20 AM
and i felt kinda bad seeing stanc juice's pristine ride covered in sasha's rear tire leftovers lol

Stank Juic3
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Stupid Honda.

TorchRedCorvette
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I had a blast, thanks everyone! Big thanks to Bob and organizers, our photographers, plus TFOG and HPR for the sponsorship. :D

SaShWhO
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Good fun.
The city and the cops definitely need to take the stick out of their asses though.
If not they should sit and spin on them.
We have a plan for next year!!:)

aerofaze
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
This was super fun, so glad we were able to make it! Weather was gorgeous and I got such a kick out of watching and being with you hooligans. :D

THANKS so much to our sponsors, Spiderman for getting us together, and the photogs.

Mntntoproc
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Great day, great friends, glad to have met many of you! Thanks to our organizers and sponsors!

Swift
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Good fun.
The city and the cops definitely need to take the stick out of their asses though.
If not they should sit and spin on them.
We have a plan for next year!!:)
Uh oh. :devil1:

TorchRedCorvette
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Uh oh. :devil1:

+1. LMAO!! Can't wait to see this plan in action... :fire:

birchyboy
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Lots of fun! Thanks to Bob for coordinating and bringing the beer.

Spiderman
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might be the first time in 10 years that all the bikes that started the parade, also finished the parade - no mechanical failures or police ejections! :lol:

Great job everyone!! 8)

birchyboy
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might be the first time in 10 years that all the bikes that started the parade, also finished the parade - no mechanical failures or police ejections! :lol:

Great job everyone!! 8)

Speaking of that...

Spooph - how did you make out with your bike? I think it was you that had an issue first thing and had to ride on back of Sash's bike. If I've got the wrong guy my apologies!

Spooph
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Nope, I played bitch for a few miles there. The bikes' fine. Went back after the parade with a new bolt, refilled with anti-freeze and rode her home.... All is well now. Thanks for checking! :D

kjohnston1979
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
and for the cops what the hell did they think the cadets were gonna do lmao hey you stop burning out um yeah right whatever cadet lol

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
It seemed like a good number of cadets were trying to play billy bad ass.

kjohnston1979
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM
right? i was like hmmmm now were gonna have lots of cadets running aorund knocking out innocent people downtown like denver has done in the past lol thats why i live in lakewood not as bad as denver cops