PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday, a week before race 1

Lel
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Well yesterday is a week before race one, and the weekend before, my clutch plates decided to snap and reek havoc on my engine!!! (see the rant in the tech forum… stay away from aluminum clutch plates!!! lol ) anyway heres what it looked like yesterday (err well Saturday night)…..

http://www.leleck.com/upload/rebuild2.jpg
http://www.leleck.com/upload/rebuild1.jpg

BUT!!!!!! thanks to some smooth work from the guys at Colorado Powersports they got my parts in before I took this picture (new rings, bearings... main and rod, head gasket, rod bolts, gaskets) and some other misc parts to do a nice rebuild. And tonight it went purrrrrr :) it sounded happy... time to cross the fingers that its all ok.

Now... if it only makes it through this weekend Ill be happy! lol, might try to get it dyno'ed to see if the metal floating around did any damage/weakend the engine at all... hmm Hey at least its a fresh engine for pueblo right???

DOH :roll:

~Barn~
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Holy crap... and I thought changing my oil on a deadline was a chore!

Glad she's up and running, Jason.

jrok929
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 09:01 AM
J....

U really need to plan these thing a little sooner before race 1 ;) Good luck this weekend!

Anonymous
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Hey that looks like what my GSXR did last season right before the 8th weekend! Except mine was spread all across the shop at TK, and we literally got the thing finished and tested on the dyno at 5:30pm Friday before the Pueblo races. :shock:

Lel
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 04:38 PM
J....

U really need to plan these thing a little sooner before race 1 ;) Good luck this weekend!

Actually i did :P I was probably one of the first people done, I rebuilt in the begining of january, and then raced on it (getting my first podium down at ASMA/CCS :)) but then a week and a half ago I snapped a clutch plate and got metal ALLL over internally, so panic rebuild lol

doh!

lel

jontflesh
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Mine is a backward progression, mount bodywork.... take it all apart :lol:

Good luck, I am hoping to be down there too yo! :D