PDA

View Full Version : mountain biking.

Rooster
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM
anyone mountain bike? i just picked up a bike and wanna hit up some trails but dont want to go alone.

so just wondering if anyone is in the springs and wants to ride. might do something monday.

The Black Knight
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hit up Palmer Park. Tons of mountain bike trails in there. If I remember correctly, there's a certain loop around the whole park that ends up about 11 miles traveled. Lots of good mountain biking in there. Easy trails and then trails that will own you. I always hated the trail that goes around the horse stables, you end up in the Lazy Land area and then it's all up hill from there lol! Oh yeah, just steer clear of the South Canyon in Palmer Park, if you do ride through it, just get through it quick.

Check out Ute Valley as well. Garden of the Gods has some, so does Cheyenne Canyon. Never biked GOG's or Cheyenne. Ute Valley is fun and big. Oh yeah, hit up Red Rocks. Tons of good biking in Red Rocks. I got my ass handed to me at Red Rocks. Then again, most places hand me my butt on a plate HAHA, in the form of a wreck.

You can even hit up the regular trails system. Monument Valley runs from Woodman to just South of El Pomar sportsfield. It actually is a bigger than that, North of Woodman takes you up to the Air Academy and beyond. South of El Pomar runs you into Fountain. I think the Woodman to El Pomar stretch is about 20 miles. We have close to a 150 miles of trails within the city.

That's one thing the Springs has, is plenty of places to go biking.

Rooster
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM
palmer park is just a few blocks from me. why stay clear of the south side of it?

The Black Knight
Sat Feb 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
PM sent

FZRguy
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 02:28 AM
There's Cheyenne Canyon down there, and Buffalo Creek has a great trail system. We ride most weekends during the season.

Smitty
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Reyven and myself might be going out today and will probably be going to Palmer Park.

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm gonna roll up to Palmer park. Ill probably have the 2 heathens so not sure if ill be able to hit any trails.

Smitty
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I know as long as its nice on monday, I will most certainly be on my bike. So if you want to go for a ride tomorrow just let me know.

Smitty
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hit up Palmer Park. Tons of mountain bike trails in there. If I remember correctly, there's a certain loop around the whole park that ends up about 11 miles traveled. Lots of good mountain biking in there. Easy trails and then trails that will own you. I always hated the trail that goes around the horse stables, you end up in the Lazy Land area and then it's all up hill from there lol! Oh yeah, just steer clear of the South Canyon in Palmer Park, if you do ride through it, just get through it quick.

Check out Ute Valley as well. Garden of the Gods has some, so does Cheyenne Canyon. Never biked GOG's or Cheyenne. Ute Valley is fun and big. Oh yeah, hit up Red Rocks. Tons of good biking in Red Rocks. I got my ass handed to me at Red Rocks. Then again, most places hand me my butt on a plate HAHA, in the form of a wreck.

You can even hit up the regular trails system. Monument Valley runs from Woodman to just South of El Pomar sportsfield. It actually is a bigger than that, North of Woodman takes you up to the Air Academy and beyond. South of El Pomar runs you into Fountain. I think the Woodman to El Pomar stretch is about 20 miles. We have close to a 150 miles of trails within the city.

That's one thing the Springs has, is plenty of places to go biking.

I've had tons of fun at Palmer Park and Ute Valley. Both are excellent places to go to. Cheyenne Canyon has some really good areas also. If I remember correctly if you take Bear Creek(not sure on the name) trail to the top(it's right before 7 bridges) you will end up on Capt. Jack's. This is a never ending uphill battle but once at the top this downhill run is awesome.

I went to GOG and didn't really care for it much at all. At least not for mountain biking. All depends on what you like.

You can always try theses though:
http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=13690#trailid=BGR027-011&lat=38.73775&lon=-104.96142&zoom=12&m=terrain&a=MB

Wrider
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Palmer Park and Ute Valley are both awesome like stated before. Rock Shox actually uses Ute Valley as their testing facility (they're over on GOG). Plus if you're into it Ute has a terrain/obstacle park in the middle of it that's rather fun to mess around in.

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I know as long as its nice on monday, I will most certainly be on my bike. So if you want to go for a ride tomorrow just let me know.

Let me know a time and ill probably be there. Just as long you don't ride fast. I'm fat and haven't ridden in a long time.

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Palmer Park and Ute Valley are both awesome like stated before. Rock Shox actually uses Ute Valley as their testing facility (they're over on GOG). Plus if you're into it Ute has a terrain/obstacle park in the middle of it that's rather fun to mess around in.

I think I've seen that before. I definitely wanna hit that up sometime.

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah Red Rocks has something similar. They have a obstacle course right there by the parking lot. It's fun and some of the obstacles are a little hairy. Come to think of it, I ate shit there too HAHAHA. Way I looked at it when I was really into biking. If I wasn't wrecking, I wasn't trying hard enough HAHA!

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Lol. Do you wear helmets? I got 1 but I look like a huge yard cause my dome is so big.

Bueller
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't, cause looking like a tard is much worse than being one.

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah I've got a helmet. Just a regular bike helmet skull cap. I will say it's helped, as most of my crashes have sent me over the handle bars.

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah when I eat it I seem to never hit my head. But my hands and elbows get trashed.

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah that's why I got a helmet and gloves. Seemed like, hands would always hit first, plus I would just wear a thin long sleeve shirt for my arms. Mainly for Palmer Park. There's tons of thick shrubs you pass through, you look like a cat went to town on your arms. But Palmer Park gets enough traffic through it, that the smaller trails are still very well defined.