PDA

View Full Version : Words with Friends

CaneZach
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Anyone else play? It's a free app for Droid users now.

Captain Obvious
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Not yet, waiting to get my new phones......

CaneZach
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Do eet! It's basically Scrabble, but you can play up to 20 games simultaneously.

Mother Goose
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have it. WickR1

CaneZach
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I have it. WickR1

Coolio! I'll hit you up when I get home from work.

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Fill me in. I got a Droid.

Zach929rr
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
inb4 everyone you play with, including yourself, uses online word unscramblers to make words.

CaneZach
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Words with Friends is like playing Scrabble on your phone, but you play against friends who have iphones or droids. Go to the Android Market, look for the app and download it if your interested.

Zach, I've never seen a word unscrambler. Thanks for the tip! LOL

In all seriousness, I have a decent vocabulary, but I've found myself getting completely unuseable letters sometimes. One of my games gave me Q, Z, two D's (giggity), an H, an F, and a J. WTF am I supposed to spell with those??? Then you get letters that give you a great word, but you can't get it in anywhere on the board.

CaneZach
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
By the way, I'm not saying you're a Scrabble cheater, Zach, but I find this suspiciously interesting:

http://www.zachwordunscrambler.com/

I'm not saying it's your website, but I'll just let the evidence speak for itself. :doublefinger:

Rooster
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
i downloaded it. same name on the app as on here.

brennahm
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
In. Same username as here.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
on as well, same as my screen name

Tylar
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
tylar77

CaneZach
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Since I forgot to mention it, my ID is CaneZach. I've got games going with brennahm, mutantsquirl, and Dr. Joe, but feel free to hit me up!

UglykidJoe
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
ok signed up - UglyKidJoe

Tylar
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
By the way, I'm not saying you're a Scrabble cheater, Zach, but I find this suspiciously interesting:

I'm not saying it's your website, but I'll just let the evidence speak for itself. :doublefinger:

HTML wizardry through Notepad. :applause:

Zach929rr
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:16 AM

LOL

I only say this because my buddy has the same thing on his Iphone. He was telling me one of his friends got him into it so he started using the word unscrambler and getting ridiculous word/point combos. Guess his friend quit after like 4 rounds of playing and still doesn't know he uses the unscrambler.

Rooster
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
im getting my ass kicked and im not using that things. i got like 90 points and everyone else is in the 200 area. some of the words ive never heard of. and now im too the point to where im just making stuff up to see if it works. lmao! ive never played before but it seems fun so far.

Tylar
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
+1.

I refuse to use the tools, it's more-or-less a way for me to just mess around. i get my ass handed to me more often than not.

brennahm
Tue Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
I've played Scrabble since I was a kid. Always loved puzzles, this totally saves me in the middle of the day when I just kinda NEED a minute to reset.

chanke4252
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
I just found words with friends last weekend. it's a lot of fun. smartphones are so cool, lol.

CaneZach
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
+1.

I refuse to use the tools, it's more-or-less a way for me to just mess around. i get my ass handed to me more often than not.

Same here, although you and I have a nice game going. I've played with people who've beaten me literally doubling my score.

Rooster
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Same here, although you and I have a nice game going. I've played with people who've beaten me literally doubling my score.

So is that a bad thing? You doubled my score and were not even done. Lol. And brennahm tripled my score.

Mel
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I suck at it, but hit it up periodically to give my brain a break from work. meltrowbridge

Captain Obvious
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Finally got a phone and downloaded words. First day, already amazingly better than the old crackberry (which I expected).

funksouljon