PDA

View Full Version : DynoJet Autotune

Sarge
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Anybody have any experience with this device? I'm getting ready to pick up a PC-V and I'm debating whether or not to drop the cash for a custom mapped Dyno tune, or just to get the AutoTune and do it myself. Anybody have any experience with this device? Do most of you swear by the custom, one time tune? Discuss! :devil2:

TFOGGuys
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Lots of experience, virtually all positive. I have the Autotune unit in stock, PC-V is easy to get. The big advantage to the autotune is that it can make fine adjustments to the map that are difficult to make on the dyno in a reasonable number of pulls, and it continually adapts to YOUR bike and riding style.

Sarge
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks, sounds good. Does it typically involve drilling holes in the exhaust to get the O2 sensor installed? My bike has one that is deactived when I change stock maps in the bike, but I can't disconnect it or the bike complains. Is it like a swap, tune, replace sort of thing?

TFOGGuys
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Most of the Power commanders come with a plug to bypass the original narrow band O2 sensor. The wideband o2 sensor that comes with the Autotune module may have a different thread diameter than the original, in which case, we drill the original fitting out of the exhaust and then weld on the correct bung for the Dynojet o2 sensor.

brennahm
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
+1 to everything Jim said. Same cost as a tune basically, just as good or better than the best tuner could do, and if you add parts later, no paying for a new map.

Hibs
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
neat product, I wasn't aware they had anything like this. wonder how well it actually works?

I don't have a PC-V, and I guess I feel like I would want to control things myself then just have a computer based algorithm giving me what it "thinks" are the best results, so I plan on buying a DaytonaSensors WEGOIII wideband datalogger and doing the tuning myself. This dynojet autotune would probably work best for the average user though, and much better then just a downloaded internet map.

TFOGGuys
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
PC-V is available for most bikes 09+, and can be used on some earlier models, although they don't support use on bikes prior to 09. There are some pitfalls to using the Autotune, but they are for the most part easily avoided. We have used this system to tune bikes over 300 real(dyno verified, 2 different dynos) rear wheel horsepower, with excellent results.