PDA

View Full Version : MC fatality in the Springs

aerofaze
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Two bikes involved. The survivor was arrested.

From KKTV.com:
One Dead After Early-Morning Motorcycle Crash (http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/One_Dead_After_Early-Morning_Motorcycle_Crash_116557603.html)
An arrest has been made in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident that left one man dead Sunday morning.

Cash Stewart, 34, has been arrested on hit-and-run charges for leaving the scene following a two-motorcycle crash.

The crash occurred at the intersection of Flintridge Drive and Vickers Drive just before 1:45 a.m.

According to Colorado Springs Police, witnesses say that the crash involved two motorcycles, but when officers arrived, the driver of the second motorcycle had fled the scene.

Police found the victim, a 23-year-old man, sprawled on the sidewalk after being thrown from his motorcycle due to the impact of the crash.

Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful, and he died from his injuries a few minutes after officers arrived on scene. His name is currently being withheld until family can be notified.

According to witnesses, the man who died was traveling northbound and the other motorcycle was traveling eastbound when the two collided.
Police say the driver that died was riding a non-street-legal "dirt bike." The accident left intersection of Vickers and Flintridge closed for a few hours, but it has since been re-opened

bornwildnfree
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 06:12 PM
RIP rider. There isn't enough details to say much more than that. I don't like that they said that the rider who died was on an illegal bike. Street legal or not, if he was driving safely then it has no bearing.

tecknojoe
Sun Feb 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Damn RIP

Glad the guy was caught

Sarge
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 12:44 AM
Two already, and it's only February? Not a good year so far... RIP riders.

aerofaze
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
RIP rider. There isn't enough details to say much more than that. I don't like that they said that the rider who died was on an illegal bike. Street legal or not, if he was driving safely then it has no bearing.

I'm with you on this.

RIP, rider.

fasterlaster
Mon Feb 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM

Unless it had no lights on it at all. Early AM it could have contributed to not being visible, but your right not a lot of detail.