PDA

View Full Version : Some of us older riders you just cannot kill...

Snowman
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Biker Died 3 Times, 38 Operations, But Still Wants To Ride (http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/biker-died-3-times-38-operations-but-still-wants-to-ride.htm)

"During the time after the crash and in the hospital, his heart stopped three times in total. Trauma expert at the Leeds hospital, Professor Peter Giannoudis, said: "Gary's accident was in the very top scale in terms of the severity of the injuries that he received.". After spending 6 weeks in an artificial coma, Gary had to undergo a total of 38 operations to save his life."

Grandfather who died 3 times and had 38 operations after motorbike smash vows to get back in the saddle. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1359434/Grandfather-died-THREE-times-needed-38-operations-bike-smash-vows-saddle.html)

"The accident happened as Gary pulled away from a bikers meeting point in Leeds on his 1,100cc Ducati Hypermotard. His bike collided with a car and he was 'confirmed' to be dead at the crash scene, but was miraculously resuscitated and flown to Leeds General Infirmary's helipad."

"The 52-year-old grandfather needed dozens of operations to mend his shattered frame. His extensive injuries included bleeding on the brain, a spine fractured in three places , a collapsed lung, two broken shoulder blades and fractured ribs."

and I thought I was lucky to be riding...

GuitarX
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Great, he just had to be named "Gary" didn't he... :puppy:

Snowman
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Gary must be British for immortal...

asp_125
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Tough old codger! :up: Wait... that means I'm an old codger :shock: eek!

UglyDogRacing
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
There is a similiar story with local former MRA#1 racer......

puckstr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:01 AM
52 ain't old but he is a tough one.

Snowman
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
That and the medical system there had to have done a fantastic job.
I'm sure her he would lost his insurance the first time he died.

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Why do I feel like this thread could've been renamed "The Nick Ninja Story"

Snowman
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Could have been. Does he have a British cousin ?

rapparee
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Gary must be British for immortal...
Good to know, now I can stop stressing about being 40 next month8)

Snowman
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the Club!

Your AARP Membership Pack is in the mail and all those Senior Discounts are only a few short years away... :up:

usmcab35
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
DIEHARD!!!