PDA

View Full Version : APE Racing

SloBlue
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Apparently, on Honda Super Hawks (like mine) cam chain tensioners, or CCTs are prone to going out. This seems to happen from what I've read somewhere between 10000 and 30000 miles. I have been doing some research on the fixes and I decided to order some manual CCT made by APE Racing, located near Mojave, CA and the Willow Springs Raceway.

I called before placing my order to make sure the parts I needed were in stock and spoke to Pat. Very nice guy. Pat walked into the parts area and physically checked to make sure the parts I needed were there and told me he'd wait for my order to come through on-line and make sure my parts got out ASAP.

I got UPS tracking information within a couple of hours and my CCTs and gaskets will be here Friday. Great service, nice folks to deal with. Thanks APE Racing.

APE has a very cool website with all kinds of cool stuff for road and dirt racing. http://aperaceparts.com I wasn't familiar with them before now. I don't know if I did the link properly, but you can google it. :yes:

OUTLAWD
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
yeah, they make CCTs for a bunch of stuff...never heard anything bad about them...after you do yours, you can come install mine ;)

SloBlue
Wed Feb 23rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
You bet! Sorry, no warranty on the work though.

The_Jackel
Thu Feb 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Yes they are a great aftermarket option (not always cheaper). How ever for people planning on regular maintenance this wont make you happy. You'll soon learn how much a cam chain stretches over time and frequently have to adjust the APE tensioner. Just informing, as a lot of people are not aware.