PDA

View Full Version : Tri City Cycle

Sean
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Has anybody shopped there lately (within the past year)?

Feedback?

Thanks.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM
yep. They've treated me well. Both in parts and in used bikes. Bought my DR there last fall and the Shadow there year before that. The owner seems a bit stuffy and not all that friendly but the sales guys have always been good.

Now that Interstate Honda closed down, I'm forced to go there for Honda parts too.

mathman1000
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I've been up there to buy a bike and walked away because of one particular salesman named Benji. Stay clear of him, he is the epitome of a slimy salesman. He's bald, mid to late 30's, and should be easy to spot. He used to work at Fort Collins Motorsports and is the reason I'll never shop there again either.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM
On my DR I dealt with John Goddard. I've watched other faces come and go over the years but John's always been there. He seems like a real regular guy and straight shooter.

Sean
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good info, guys. Thanks! :up:

OUTLAWD
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 12:45 PM
go over the bike with a fine tooth comb...walking around looking at the bikes I saw more than a few that were in need of maint. one bike had ~1/2 its teeth missing off the rear sprocket as they let someone out for a test ride...

Sean
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Turns out that the bike I saw go up on their website this am, already sold! Sounds like it was only for sale for a couple of hours. :shocked:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
go over the bike with a fine tooth comb...walking around looking at the bikes I saw more than a few that were in need of maint. one bike had ~1/2 its teeth missing off the rear sprocket as they let someone out for a test ride...

such a glass half empty guy. Maybe they're more optimistic and prefer to look at it as though "half of the teeth are there?"

chad23
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
i like those guys. if you are ever looking for parts they are all great folks and easy to work with. if you are buying a bike do your homework. they are good guys in the sales department, but they can and will try to sell the bikes on the pricey side. i have bought and sold a few bike with them

modette99
Fri Feb 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Think
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
When did Interstate Honda close?

longrider
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM
When did Interstate Honda close?

First of the year

sag
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
benji is in finance now. i shoot the shit with him alot but have never done business with him. all their used bikes are in poor shape in my opinion. i dont know if they even look over them when they lowball people on craigslist or take trades.

my buddy was about to buy the F4i they have on the lot which needs tons of work. they were asking 4 grand and he offered them 2400 and the guy said that would probably be doable. went back the next day i rode it for him, rode decently, and we talked more and they tried to get more out of him but he stuck to 2400 and theyre like okay lets make a deal. went to confirm with the sale manager and came back and said 3000 was as low as they could go so we walked.

i even had to bring to their attention that the front tire had a couple plugs in it, the rear had cuts from burnouts, the fork seals were BEYOND gone, the wiring was suspect and a blinker didnt work, no oil was visible through the peek hole and thats all besides the fact it is severely rashed from a low side. they seemed surprised by this when i brought it up in negotiations and all of a sudden 2400 sounded very good to them but nope. lost a couple hours of time on that bike.

FTCRC51
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
John and Scotty are pretty cool guys, I've bought a few bikes from them..