PDA

View Full Version : Got hurt, coming back

duelist13
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,
I got hurt back in September and suffered a concussion as well as a dislocated and completely paralyzed shoulder ("top 1% severity"). I was in pain for a while because some bone in the whole thing was shattered.

I just wanted to let you guys know the shoulder's on the mend, and the bike's coming together again (slowly).

I also wanted to start riding for the MRA at some point this or next season :).

Ride safely and hope to see you guys again soon!

Survivalism
Sat Feb 26th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,
I got hurt back in September and suffered a concussion as well as a dislocated and completely paralyzed shoulder ("top 1% severity"). I was in pain for a while because some bone in the whole thing was shattered.

I just wanted to let you guys know the shoulder's on the mend, and the bike's coming together again (slowly).

I also wanted to start riding for the MRA at some point this or next season :).

Ride safely and hope to see you guys again soon!

:( Sorry to hear you got intimate with the pavement, good to hear that you are recovering and still have a hunger to ride.

This summer we will definitely have to get out again, feel better man!

duelist13
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks man, it's good to hear from you! I'm lucky the whole thing happened off the street :). Vellos, me, you, and Ted should meet up at HPR before the roads clear up (doesn't the season start in April?).

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Sorry to hear that, man. Glad your ok. So, what happened? Did you slide off the track?

thankgod
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Get well soon!

Survivalism
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks man, it's good to hear from you! I'm lucky the whole thing happened off the street :). Vellos, me, you, and Ted should meet up at HPR before the roads clear up (doesn't the season start in April?).

Good to hear you were on a track, HPR or IMI or somewhere else im unaware of? I too am curious as to what happened if you feel like sharing.

Im not really sure when the canyon roads will be clean enough for spirited riding, i would assume around april though. I have had the bike out alot recently with the nice weather, just putting around aurora. Actually hoping to ride to work later tonight.

Id be down to go out to HPR for sure man, lets organize something.

Vellos
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 12:33 AM
No more yut unnnnngh for you.

duelist13
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Long story short, I took a wider line on the previous corner, and was a tiny bit wide on the slick uphill section at IMI (going clockwise). It had rained moments before the crash, and I couldn't reel the poor bike back on line. I had cut that corner close before, but the corner finally cut me :). The runoff area was not really prepped for a street bike, and I suffered a few injuries. I was disappointed because my goal was to hit 1:05 a lap and I only got down to 1:06!

Vellos doesn't have to chime in on this one ;).

Ted
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Long time no see ! You still on this Campus ? So how is the shoulder ( can you swing a tennis racket ?)

duelist13
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hey Ted, still on campus and still not able to crank the old arm all the way back. I'm probably going to start swimming to loosen it up a little bit and train on a bicycle until I'm fit enough to hang :). Hope your bike's coming along well, and let me know if you need any help.