PDA

View Full Version : Need exhaust work

puckstr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I have installed a 07 600rr subframe 0n my VFR750 and I need a connector pipe made to mate the exhaust up. My budget is $50. Does anyone know of an exhaust shop that can do this kind of work?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/exhaust.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/2011-02-26_19-27-31_952.jpg

Ricky
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Exhaust is exhaust. For anything exhaust related, I would go to Exhaust Pros in Commerce City. Dudes have hooked me up a couple of times with some sick custom exhaust work on my truck. I imagine they'd just have to have the right pipe diameter.

Last time I took my truck in there it was to get the muffler-back section reworked because of a lift kit installed. They charged me $50.

puckstr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Exhaust is exhaust. For anything exhaust related, I would go to Exhaust Pros in Commerce City. Dudes have hooked me up a couple of times with some sick custom exhaust work on my truck. I imagine they'd just have to have the right pipe diameter.

Last time I took my truck in there it was to get the muffler-back section reworked because of a lift kit installed. They charged me $50.

Thanks I will look into them.

The_Jackel
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Its hard to find a shop that wont over charge you, and knows what they are doing. I recommend scoring a mid-pipe off a sport bike used somewhere. They are nice stainless steel pieces and with a little hunting usually you can match bends or at least the harder bend. Also benefit from good looks, easy to weld, easy to work with. Can save time and then you dont have to worry about a shitty looking non-mandrel bent pipe.

OUTLAWD
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I would probably order a stainless U bend and a piece of straight, cut it and fit it to your liking, then have someone tig it up and swage the ends

asp_125
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
+1 non-mandrel bent is bound to have restrictions in flow from pinched tubes.

Mother Goose
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM

+1. I've used their shop off Huron (same one?), fit my STI cat back to my RS. Had to cut and reweld to make it fit my cat, everything was under $100 and they did an awesome job.

Ricky
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
+1. I've used their shop off Huron (same one?), fit my STI cat back to my RS. Had to cut and reweld to make it fit my cat, everything was under $100 and they did an awesome job.

Different guys, and I'm not sure why, but they tried to fuck me on the work with my truck. I wanted them to replace the cat, and the guy quoted me almost $400 because he said it was impossible to do while it was on the truck and that he'd have to take the assembly around it down, to be able to weld it to the headers I put in. So I bought a cat for $80 online, then the shop in commerce city slapped it on for $60 in less than an hour, ON the truck, lol.

puckstr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I got a quote for $80. It seems high for alumialumized steel pipe.
FAIL

OUTLAWD
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 06:16 PM
if the fit/finish was factory, and was mandrel bent, I'd say thats a reasonable price...I'd want to get it ceramic coated though...

puckstr
Mon Feb 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM
You're right I just need to not be so tight