PDA

View Full Version : Any IT people looking for a job?

HIX
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 10:21 AM
I need to backfill two positions for Exchange Administrators. I am posting the official job description below but basically what we need are IT guys that are quick of mind and solid of work ethic. If you have midlevel IT experience and want to be on the bleeding edge of business messaging and integration technology this is the place for you. We do everything from archiving to sharepoint to sso to blackberry to GWS to Exchange. We are the guys MSFT sends companies to when they can't meet the requirements. USA.Net.

Here is the official description....

Exchange System Administrator

Position Specification

Perimeter is the trusted market leader of information security and hosted messaging services that delivers enterprise-class protection and compliance for businesses of any size. Through its cost-effective security-as-a-software platform, Perimeter offers the most comprehensive compliance, security and messaging services that include but aren't limited to: firewall management and monitoring, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection and prevention, hosted email, encrypted email, and email archiving.
As companies struggle with the increasing cost, complexity and stringent compliance requirements associated with their information intensive businesses, Perimeter is the only provider that can simultaneously reduce the cost, manage all of the complexity and meet all of the compliance requirements from a single platform.
Founded in 1997, Perimeter is headquartered in Milford, CT, with six geographically distributed technical operations centers and three redundant datacenters. Perimeter's On Demand services, which are offered both on a Network (in-the-cloud) and CPE (customer-premise equipment) basis, are validated by TruSecure and guaranteed for current and future regulatory compliance. Perimeter services over 5,000 institutions in the United States, including over 1,500 financial institutions.
Reports To: Manager, Exchange & Archive
Description/Responsibilities:

The Exchange Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing and administering a hosted Exchange 2003 and 2007 environment during business hours to include the monitoring of storage, security, performance, backup/restore and configuration changes.

Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Other duties include implementing new products or services
• Performing preventative maintenance
• Resolving operational problems related to Windows and Exchange
• Providing tier 3 technical support

Qualifications:

• Experience with large Exchange 2003/2007 deployments
• 5+ years experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Systems Administration
• Working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 domain structure, Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory and Microsoft clustering technology

Desired:
• Ability to lift heavy equipment i.e. racking server equipment in the data center
• Assume periodic 24x7 on-call responsibilities
• Familiar with configuration and usage of email clients to include Outlook, Outlook Express and Entourage, and Thunderbird
• Understand various access methods including POP, IMAP, HTTP (OWA), MAPI, RPC/HTTP, and SMTP Mailflow)
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), 2003 or 2008
• Expertise in troubleshooting server problems with a focus on rapid resolution of any system outages

WolFeYeZ
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
I am an IT person looking for but I don't qualify for half of the above X.x

merlin
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
I need to backfill two positions for Exchange Administrators. I am posting the official job description below but basically what we need are IT guys that are quick of mind and solid of work ethic. If you have midlevel IT experience and want to be on the bleeding edge of business messaging and integration technology this is the place for you. We do everything from archiving to sharepoint to sso to blackberry to GWS to Exchange. We are the guys MSFT sends companies to when they can't meet the requirements. USA.Net.

I am an IT person looking for but I don't qualify for half of the above X.x

Yeah, me either- but if you are interested in a Junior Admin that you can teach anything in short order, I can shoot you a resume.

Merlyn

WolFeYeZ
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, me either- but if you are interested in a Junior Admin that you can teach anything in short order, I can shoot you a resume.

Merlyn

Exact same thing here :)

HIX
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
For the right person we would. Most of the guys with tons of certs and all the matching experience fail here because of the fact that everything we do is more complicated than the standard setup. As it is all the sr guys have to run ticket monkey duties until they get up to speed anyway.

send me a resume.

jasonhix at gmail.com