PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Subaru Forester

Reyven
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Looking into getting one. Thoughts, comments, the good, the bad, the ugly. Any info will help.

The Dude Abides!
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM
Just don't run into the garage, or back into another car, or do the countless other things my wife has done to hers!

Aracheon
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
They're AWESOME.

(It's a shame they won't bring the Forester STi over here... I'd ditch my Impreza in a heartbeat for one.)

King Nothing
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
They're AWESOME.

(It's a shame they won't bring the Forester STi over here... I'd ditch my Impreza in a heartbeat for one.)
It's a shame you can't get the XT with a manual transmission anymore. THAT is a shame.

Keyser Soze
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
It's a shame you can't get the XT with a manual transmission anymore. THAT is a shame.

Both are a shame. And they've turned it into a small SUV...another shame.

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/subaru/forester/reviews#features

Aracheon
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM

:imwithstupid:

Scer
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
Have Erin give you a ride in her 2010.

test on testas

Vitesse304
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
We have a 2010 Premium.

We really like it! We decided on it after owning a pilot, crv, and accord.

It's big enough that our Dane can sit up and stand in the back, but small enough that it's easy to park and maneuver. It gets decent gas mileage (except when you put on a ski rack and basket) and so far has been very dependable. Plus, I like the fact that it looks like a small suv now, instead of a wagon.

The bad:
It seems to attact dents and dings like a magnet, maybe because it's black, but in any case, seeing all those dents and dings on a brand new car really makes me :mad:.

I sometimes wish we got the turbo, but with fuel prices creeping up, I'm glad we didn't. The standard 4 cyl is a bit anemic and don't let the salesperson tell you that he drives his to the mountains every weekend with no problem. Heading up Georgetown hill sometimes makes it sound like I'm wringing the hell out of it.

Warranty is not as good as other brands, very limited, but with the good reviews of suby's and their dependability, I think we will be ok.

The leather seems a bit thin compared to the hondas we've owned. Our sheltie has already put holes in the armrest from standing on it and we've NEVER had that problem with other vehicles.

Stereo is a bit lacking, and the underseat woofer is a joke. No need to pay extras for that.

The heated seats don't heat up as fast as other vehicles we've owned...plus, for some reason they put a temp warning light to let you know that the car isn't up to operating temp, that takes a while to shut off.

What we were surprised about:

The puddle lights are actually really cool and have help when we've dropped things next to the car at night.

Storage is great under the rear cargo area. Nice little cutouts and we have a neat functional storage area.

Really comfy seats with plenty of adjustment. Seems just about anybody of any size can fit in it.

All in all, it's a great little car. I would recommend it, but stay away from Groove Subaru. Long story, but this dealership is only looking to move inventory and they could care less about you after the sale.

bodhizafa
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Subaru seems to make great cars, they seem a little under the radar in the rest of the country but seem to do great in Colorado. Hardly ever saw one in Mass.

Ricky
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Driven Subies for many years. They make great cars. I just don't personally like the look of any of them.

If they didn't sell Subaru's in Colorado, Subaru would probably go out of business, lol. When the rest of the subaru dealerships in the country are hurting, Colorado subaru dealerships excel. I sometimes think some CO buyers may just go straight to Subaru without looking at competition, or have a blind attachment to them. There's lots of other cars out there with AWD, in the same price ranges. Subaru does something right to sell as many cars as they do here.

Aracheon
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Driven Subies for many years. They make great cars. I just don't personally like the look of any of them.

If they didn't sell Subaru's in Colorado, Subaru would probably go out of business, lol. When the rest of the subaru dealerships in the country are hurting, Colorado subaru dealerships excel. I sometimes think some CO buyers may just go straight to Subaru without looking at competition, or have a blind attachment to them. There's lots of other cars out there with AWD, in the same price ranges. Subaru does something right to sell as many cars as they do here.

Brand loyalty can be a very powerful thing. My dad has refused to consider any manufacturer except Toyota ever since the late 70s.

Jenny
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
I sell Subies and I have to say that if you're considering the Forester, drive the Outback as well. For a DD, though it's a bit more money, you get better fuel economy, less road noise, less rattling, a much nicer interior overall, infinitely better stereo, etc.

If you're going to do off-roading, the Forester has a softer suspension that will soak up more bumpy terrain, it's a bit more rugged and has more head room.

It will last you forever if you take care of it, you won't spend much on maintenance and it's one of the safest cars you can get. If you get that far, PM me about pricing so you can know what our true cost is while you're negotiating.

laspariahs
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
http://driveyourdream.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZDYD000670

Might try checking there for pricing.

Ricky
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
If you want the best price, just keep saying no to their offer. When you leave and they don't give in, that's their lowest offer.

Car dealerships are like Mexico!!! :lol:

Vitesse304
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
If you want the best price, just keep saying no to their offer. When you leave and they don't give in, that's their lowest offer.

Car dealerships are like Mexico!!! :lol:

We ended up paying right around $27,000, I can't remember the exact amount. It was the premium with the all weather package, sound package, and convience package.

This was a brand new, 0 mile vehicle.

sag
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
buy it from heuberger in the springs. they are the number 1 volume seller in the country for subaru so they can afford to sell cars less than even invoice because subaru kicks them massive amounts of money at the end of the year for being no. 1 in moving cars.

i think burt is no. 3 in the country as well so without colorado theyd definitely take a hit lol.

they ding easily because the sheetmetal is super thin and soft and has equally thin and crappy paint to go with it.

laspariahs
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
they ding easily because the sheetmetal is super thin and soft and has equally thin and crappy paint to go with it.

Yeah, old Subaru's look junky, for sure.

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 07:39 PM
The jeep has plenty of life left in it ;)

sprtbkbabe
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
Go retro, buy a Baja

:lol:...hahahahaha! j/king

This state overprices Subaru's something ridiculous. Jeeps are another overpriced gift to Coloradoan's. It took months for my sister to find a Jeep that wasn't beat to hell and the seller not trying to get top blue book dollar out of it here. ($4k for a beat up POS Safari really only worth $800, took the cake)

If you can specify exactly what you're looking for on your Subaru, seriously, price it out of state.

Reyven
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thank you for all of the links, comments, and suggestions :)

Reyven
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
The jeep has plenty of life left in it ;)

That it does. Which is why it's new owner is a very happy 16yr old boy who otherwise would not have gotten a car :)

derekm
Tue Mar 1st, 2011, 10:21 PM
my mom has had great luck since her first outback about a decade ago, my younger brother has that hand me down & her current outback is great. I personally feel the (again this is my moms outback wagon with base motor) could use some more pep but for all around commuting its gerrrrrrrrrreat!

Skinbabe
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I love mine Rey-Rey!! The white is a pearl color so that's nice. I don't know what all the different options are for engine but my only gripe is that when you floor it, it doesnt pick up very fast. In other words it can't really get out of it's own way. I have the 4cyl tho. It does kick ass in the snow, gets pretty good gas milage when I don't floor it LOL. Let me know, you can come over and check it. We miss your face anyways ;)

Think
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
My mom has a 2010 Forester and it's awesome. Rides like a dream and was pretty affordable. I think you'll do fine getting anything Subaru. I had an 08 Outback 2.5XT in manual. For a wagon, that thing had some umph. I traded it in for an F150 and regret it to this day. My dad has a Legacy wagon and my step mom has an Outback as well. All of them are great cars. My dad beats the hell out of the Legacy and he's had no issues with it so far. When I get back to CO and pick up a job after flight school, I'm trading my F150 in for another Outback or a Forester.

aerofaze
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
buy it from heuberger in the springs. they are the number 1 volume seller in the country for subaru so they can afford to sell cars less than even invoice because subaru kicks them massive amounts of money at the end of the year for being no. 1 in moving cars.

+1 on Heuberger.

I love my Subie! However, like some of the other folks here, I wish I also had a Forester XT.

derekm
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Dont forget this genuine accessory from the Subaru dealer...
http://s10.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/8814B2D0.jpg

Skinbabe
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
Dont forget this genuine accessory from the Subaru dealer...
http://s10.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/8814B2D0.jpg

I actually know a Sub owner with a dog almost looks just like that!! VEGAS!!

madvlad
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 11:06 PM
A coworker just got a 11' and its pretty sweet man. Handles the snow great Just like most subarus of course. It'd be a good buy

Reyven
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
I actually know a Sub owner with a dog almost looks just like that!! VEGAS!!

Ha ha, was thinking the exact same thing!