PDA

View Full Version : New ride for the baby

Slo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
For some of my old friends, newbs won't know who I am.....

Well, having the EVO X has been fun. My girl has a Jeep Liberty that I cringe when I have to drive. Traded that in and picked up an 09' Chevy Trailblazer SS. Not as quick as an SRT8 but still fun.

Kinda nice after driving to work n back all week with the EVO to hop in an SUV and be all comfy. So if you see me on the road, give a friendly thumbs up.....

Came with 22's but not in my whole gangster style, will be swapping back to factory sized 20's and beefier tires by summer, along with intake, UD Pulley, efans, longtubes, and a tune. Kinda nice being the only Asian fella in the country with one haha. Just like when I had an 03' cobra.

More pics later, still working on a few things with buffing the paint and such. Debadged now except the SS bades, everything else blacked out.
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4435/diagfr.jpg

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
What did you end up doing with that busa?

Also, how is the kid?

jbnwc
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
purdy. I love these.

Vehicle 1
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Nice! Jay:cool:

Slo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Busa is still in Denver, still under me, but a friend is making the payments. I still ride it occassionally however.....so you will see me out there up in the mountains on a stretched/lowered ride haha tryin to be like a 600.

Kid is doing great!!! Friggin active, running around constantly now being 14 months old. Definitely a social fella when we go out, ignores boys, likes the women so that is one fear of mine I don't have to worry about. Recaro baby seat has been moved to the SS, and he loves it.

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, about 5% of the time I miss having my Mustang but the rest of the time I'm glad I have my Expedition. That looks like a nice ride you picked up.

Dirk

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Jay we need to do dinner at my place sometime and get the kids some playtime.

Slo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
call a time/date and I'll bring him on over.....

Ricky
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Looks good. I'm glad I swapped out the Evo for a more comfortable ride. Evo was fun, but now I don't feel like I'm riding in a rail car, lol.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
that is one sweet ride Jay...love the murdered out look!

Sean
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Who the hell is this guy? And why is he so slooooooooo? :lol:

Aracheon
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
It's been so long, he's probably in a nursing home by now. :D

Slo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Looks good. I'm glad I swapped out the Evo for a more comfortable ride. Evo was fun, but now I don't feel like I'm riding in a rail car, lol.

Yeah I know what you mean, the EVO to me has changed, funny thing, I got an ARC intercooler and leather door panels, was going to sell it and put the $$$ into a few go faster bits for the SS but decide against it. The I/C and door panels will be the last things for a while on the EVO haha.

Who the hell is this guy? And why is he so slooooooooo? :lol:

Hahaha, cuz he can be.....:slap:

It's been so long, he's probably in a nursing home by now. :D

You ass, just because I need training wheels.....

bulldog
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
It's been so long, he's probably in a nursing home by now. :D He must be old because he is changing 22's for stock rims :lol:

Ricky
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
You know you're old when your rim size decreases, hahahahahaha!

Slo
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Damn, all this talk about rim jobs....

Aracheon
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
You ass, just because I need training wheels.....

Rascals don't need training wheels. :D :D :D

Charlie Rotten
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Sucks that Mits discontinued the evo tho. by far the only competition for the STI.......man they are going to clean house even more now.

Slo
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Sucks that Mits discontinued the evo tho. by far the only competition for the STI.......man they are going to clean house even more now.

Im hoping my evo x will hold some value as i pay more off now....

ZX Rider
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Nice ride Jay.

SumoWeezle
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Nice ride Jay! welcome to the SUV club. You still gotta give me that busa engine for Lil Sumo... ;)

Ricky
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM

They haven't officially "discontinued" it, Mitsu just doesn't have a plan for the XI yet because of potential future market demand. $6/gal gas prices suck in an Evo (unless you drive like slo, lol).

Word has been for awhile that they may end up with an electric version of the car. I think they may take the road that Tesla Motors is. You could make a wicked fast Evo with all electric, if you could find the right battery technology. Guess we'll see what happens. I can say I was part of an era, lol.

Slo
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Nice ride Jay.

Thanks Sebastian, call me up man!!!!

Nice ride Jay! welcome to the SUV club. You still gotta give me that busa engine for Lil Sumo... ;)

Haha, figured you'd have a turbo on that lil beast by now!!!!

Charlie Rotten
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/03/mitsubishi_confirms_plans_for.html

I stand corrected!

Keyser Soze
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
LS2 Powah! Nice. I've always been curious about how well that powertrain holds up long term.