PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Powers - R2SL

Anonymous
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 10:24 AM
If you have been on a set of the new Michelin Pilot Powers, you know that they simply rock!! They are also great for trackdays, and even work good as an entry level race tire.

For those of you doing R2SL in May - If you could buy sets of these tires at the event extra cheap (like say, $255 including tax and mounting) would you want to?

This thread is kind of a feeler so I know how many we need to get. Let's just say you'll be able to, but I need to know how many of you would want a set so I can make sure we have them.

This offer will be eligible for anyone who actually participates in the event, and I am quite sure you will like these tires on the track! They last a long time and stick great.

Please let me know ASAP if you're "in". You will be able to pay for them at the event.

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 10:31 AM
if you had to take a guess... considering what i'm hoping to do, how many sets would i need to get??

that's a KILLER price per set!!

Anonymous
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Probably one per day Jeff...

Jenny
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 10:58 AM
how's about some bridgestone bt012ss's? :)

Filo
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I would be into that. I have been looking for tire for R2SL and these were on the short list. Of course, they would have to have one for a 5" rear rim... Hell, I might even get two sets since I am rinding two days. Of course, doing 2:09s at PPIR might not reallly wear out tires :lol:

green_zx7r
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I would like to get 1 or 2 sets.

My only concern is, I don't know if you have Pilot Powers that will fit CBR F3 rims (Filo, please confirm) for my FZR. I'll get the exact sizes tonight and will post back.

Anonymous
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I am doing Michelins ONLY. If you want other brands, you're on your own to find them. ;)

I'll predominantly have the 180 rear in stock (usual size). If you want other sizes I need to know *now* so I can make sure we can get them.

~Barn~
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I'm in. 190 rear please.

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM
i'll have to see what my bank (Papa-san Financial) is willing to loan me for tires. he's already fronted me a lot... i'll let ya know soon.

Quick636
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I was going to buy a set of those soon anyway. The standard 180 rear and 120/70 front for me...

My current tires will be cooked by the end of my session anyway.

FZRguy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Sure thing Ralphy boy. I need a 150x60x18 for the rear... :lol:

Anonymous
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Ok guys if you need them I need to know today if possible. I know this is last minute, but as it happens the tires are becoming low on supply from Michelin so we need to scramble tomorrow to get them.

Canuck
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Please let me know ASAP if you're "in".

Yes :)

You will be able to pay for them at the event.

Yes :)

green_zx7r
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I would like to request:

Front: 120x70x17
Rear: 170x60x17

Thanks.

Yusuke

Lel
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Dunlop will be there the entire week of R2SL, and will be do switches back and forth from race tires to street tires etc; whatever is needed. The new 209 (sportmax) front rears, US GPA all will be available.

They will be doing FREE on bike tire changes with a new tire purchase for those that dont know or need help doing the change during the event.

Jason

Anonymous
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Dunlop will be there the entire week of R2SL, and will be do switches back and forth from race tires to street tires etc; whatever is needed. The new 209 (sportmax) front rears, US GPA all will be available.

They will be doing FREE on bike tire changes with a new tire purchase for those that dont know or need help doing the change during the event.

Jason

Stop hijacking my thread beotch! :321: :guns: :P

Bertha
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I'm in. 190 rear please.

190?!?!?? God you must hate to turn... Get a 180 you'll be happier.

Feathered upstart!
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 12:41 PM
That depends on wether its a 50 or a 55 :P

green_zx7r
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 03:26 PM

Jason

Will Michelin also have this free bike tire changes at PPIR?

Anonymous
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Yes! Vanmar will be there the entire event for tire changes. ("Dunlop" isn't coming, it's the local vendor Faster Cycles for them.)

Feathered upstart!
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Who would put Dunlops on thier bike anyway? :lol:

Kristian
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 04:50 PM

One set per day on that 500lb+ bike at the pace he needs to go to hit his goal seems a little optimistic to me.

Lel
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM

Jason

hahahah

Actually! DUNLOP may be there, we might be able to get some pro dunlop guys out to lend a hand since its a week before a national (small chance, but its in the cards)... besides you yelled at me last time I said Faster! hahaha :P lol so there!

Anonymous
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Given that they have Sears Point that weekend I believe, I dount the pro guys will be anywhere near PPIR. ;) (That's the same reason we don't have more pro riders coming out to spin some laps in R2SL.)

Mista Black
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 11:25 PM

One set per day on that 500lb+ bike at the pace he needs to go to hit his goal seems a little optimistic to me.

but i'm a kinder gentler rider... you've ridden with me... you know that :angel: :D

Jenny
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 11:51 PM
I'm down.

~Barn~
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
I'm in. 190 rear please.

190?!?!?? God you must hate to turn... Get a 180 you'll be happier.

Nah, I enjoy the ocassional turn. I just want to stick with OE spec stuff, since I'm not in this event for any competitive reasons.

I know 180's provide an easier transition, and in-turn faster lap times, in the hands of people much faster than you and me; But a 190 has a bigger (more dispursed) contact patch, and I like the increased mileage it affords me.

johnthemick
Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Is this deal still available?

Anonymous
Wed May 4th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Ok, here's the current status on this thing...

- Only 180 rears will be available. Sorry, it's too hard to get odd sizes this late in the game.
- We ordered 12 sets.
- We are still waiting for confirmation that these tires will be in stock at R2SL. We think they will be, but I should know for sure by this time tomorrow.

ebazyl
Wed May 4th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Is this $225 for the medium set? Or the PR-2 Pr-5 set?

I am definetly down for at least 1 set either way. 6 if it is the PR sets.

Jason

hahahah

Actually! DUNLOP may be there, we might be able to get some pro dunlop guys out to lend a hand since its a week before a national (small chance, but its in the cards)... besides you yelled at me last time I said Faster! hahaha :P lol so there!

All right Dunlop Spam! :gay: Can we get a discount on a vacation get away or ink cartriges with that?

Anonymous
Wed May 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Is this $225 for the medium set? Or the PR-2 Pr-5 set?

I am definetly down for at least 1 set either way. 6 if it is the PR sets.

These are the Pilot Power high-end street/track tires, not the Power Race DOT's. (You're on crack if you think I can sell race DOT's for $225/set!) However for R2SL use (or even some racing), they are great!!

All right Dunlop Spam! :gay: Can we get a discount on a vacation get away or ink cartriges with that?

:lol: I dunno, but I bet they'll knock 3 seconds off your laptime and keep you from crashing. :shock:

ebazyl
Wed May 4th, 2005, 05:28 PM
These are the Pilot Power high-end street/track tires, not the Power Race DOT's. (You're on crack if you think I can sell race DOT's for $225/set!) However for R2SL use (or even some racing), they are great!!

:lol: I dunno, but I bet they'll knock 3 seconds off your laptime and keep you from crashing. :shock:

I guess I am on crack :( sorry. But $225 is a great street price.

As for which Newby is better: Newby ("That would not happen on Dunlop") or Newby Jr, ("The hourly update from Faster is they are eating lunch, while still offering Dunlops to racers"), is kinda of a tough one.

On the one hand Newby Jr, does not make retarded startements like Sr. On the other hand the concpept of letting the tires sell themselfs, has totaly missed Jr. I dunno Ralf, what do you think?

Anonymous
Wed May 4th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I dunno ... I'm a Michelin guy! :lol:

~Barn~
Thu May 5th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Okay. I guess a 180 it is. No biggie.

And also, is the total price $225 now, or still $255 as stated in your first post? (Ralph.)

Anonymous
Thu May 5th, 2005, 04:48 PM
255. Misquotes from other people will not get you a discount. :lol: