PDA

View Full Version : msf courses

Nobody
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Finally getting around to becoming a legal rider. Where should I go and who has the best deals? Looking to do this ASAP.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Finally getting around to becoming a legal rider. Where should I go and who has the best deals? Looking to do this ASAP.

http://www.abateofcolo.org/

DriverDave
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM
I went to this one at Kipling and 6th Ave.

http://www.mrtc-ridered.com/

Classes almost every weekend $215 for basic course. Highly recommend.

Sarge
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dang, $215? The Army does them for free ;) but I did my first one in Nevada for $100, but it was subsidized by the state.

If you've been riding for years (I'm making an assumption because of how long you've been a CSC member) you might be better off looking for a more advanced course and just scheduling a skills test at the DMV to get your endorsment.

Nobody
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah you're probably right, 200-250 for a refresher seems like a waste.

Stank Juic3
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Noooo wait I getting legit FINALLY too for $99. Call Jason.....Pasting from my Facebook......."Team Coyote Motorsports (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Coyote-Motorsports/277027865399)Full Throttle is offering it's $99 BRC through the end of March so if you need to get your motocycle license give a call 303-503-7381!!!"
I start March 19 & 20. Best deal hands down for FTMFW

Nobody
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Now we are talking! Calling first thing tomorrow,

WolFeYeZ
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Just called.
Full throttle is fully booked through march at that rate :(
Back to signing up for abate with me.

THoward
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Do you know how to ride? If so, sign up for the BRC 2 with test. It's a 1 day refresher course for $100 bucks. You get your test at the end just like in the BRC. If you know all the basics of riding, then this is the course you need to take.

Terry

TransNone13
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
For military personnel it is free. The BRC, E/ARC, and SBRC. Finding website now.

Looking at Sarge specifically. PS if you've been deployed you have to take their refresher class. They also require the ERC for the DoD decals.

I can't find the registration website anymore, but here's the farthest I got:

Army (Ft. Carson)

http://www.motorcycletrainingacademy.com/images/army_small.jpg We are offering all Fort Carson Army, Retirees, DoD Civilians, Contractors and Dependents a special of $180. Please call for discount.

Fort Carson Safety Office: 719-526-8045

Nobody
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Just signed up @ coyote for April 2-3, Jason hooked me up at promo rate. Thanks for the tip!

Stthings
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
For military personnel it is free. The BRC, E/ARC, and SBRC. Finding website now.

Looking at Sarge specifically. PS if you've been deployed you have to take their refresher class. They also require the ERC for the DoD decals.

I can't find the registration website anymore, but here's the farthest I got:

Does that mean i'd get a free class if I was ROTC? Specificially AF ROTC...

R1-Laubinero
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I teach for the airforce-- and the army---so far..anyways if you are a DOD employee who rides on base the MSF or an equivelent class is required if you ride a motorcycle. Some bases and branches have more stringent requirements-ie erc or sporbike class after deployments-- heck in PACAF you can get a bike over 500cc as a newb... anyways there are classes at FE warren and at Colorado springs that are free to those who requires it VIA DOD regs...but really it isnt free-- the base pays for it--- dirt cheap is 150--- those are arkansas prices--- the insurance and ridercoach pay plus equipment gets pricey---

R1-Laubinero
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah you're probably right, 200-250 for a refresher seems like a waste.
well if you've never had a BRC--- its not really a refresher then! the 1st 4 exercises may be frustrating for somone who is a bit proficient--- but the rest has allot of good info--- at least 17hrs worth...it can be a very good experience---many seasoned riders gain good tools from it they never thought of