PDA

View Full Version : some pics from this week

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:27 AM
pics from this week

http://Site URL or Site Name (http://Site URL)

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:32 AM
one more

Bertha
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:40 AM
mMMmmmmmm A10s!!!!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/files/p1040293.jpg

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:43 AM
those fockers left a big mess on the runway took me 3 hours to clean it up

Fly boy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 11:55 AM
lol, the guys looking at them, or the A-10's themselves?

sweet pics.... think I might need to see your whole gallery :D

Bertha
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:01 PM
What the A10s do?

A10s make me happy in my pants! I LOVE flying them in DC_Final

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:07 PM
where they were parked they get reloaded and do engine runs... so they run their engines at full.. and do minor things... well since everything sourrounding the taxi ways and runways is sand and dirt.. the engines blow shit everywhere... which in turn has to be cleaned up before the fighters and take off. if the fighters try flying over that stuff. the engines will suck up all the sand and fod out

Bertha
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:17 PM
ahhh

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/pgu_14b.jpg

If you could find one of thoses.... Yeah! OO OOO ooo!!

mmmmmmmmmMMmmmm

The 30mm x 173 GAU-8/A ammunition was among the most effective ammunition used in Operation Desert Storm with proven performance against all targets, including tanks, armored and light vehicles. The 30mm lightweight family of ammunition was developed to optimize the air-to-ground mission of the U.S. Army AH-64 Apache helicopter. This ammunition family is also compatible with all 30mm x 113 gun systems.

The PGU-14/B API Armor Piercing Incendiary round has a lightweight body which contains a sub-calibre high density penetrator of Depleted Uranium (DU). In addition to its penetrating capability DU is a natural pyrophoric material which enhances the incendiary effects. Depleted uranium results from the enriching of natural uranium for use in nuclear reactors. Natural uranium is a slightly radioactive metal that is present in most rocks and soils as well as in many rivers and sea water. Natural uranium consists primarily of a mixture of two isotopes (forms) of uranium, Uranium-235 (U235) and Uranium-238 (U238), in the proportion of about 0.7 and 99.3 percent, respectively. Nuclear reactors require U235 to produce energy, therefore, the natural uranium has to be enriched to obtain the isotope U235 by removing a large part of the U238. Uranium-238 becomes DU, which is 0.7 times as radioactive as natural uranium. . Since DU has a half-life of 4.5 billion years, there is very little decay of those DU materials. When manufactured as 30mm rounds, each DU projectile contains approximately 4,650 grains [0.66 pounds (lbs)] of extruded DU, alloyed with 0.75 weight percent titanium. The projectile is encased in a 0.8 mm-thick aluminum shell as the final DU round.

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:19 PM
A-10's Good :up:
(well the Harriers and Falcons are cool too :D )

F.O.D. Bad :down:

ahhh

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/pgu_14b.jpg

If you could find one of thoses.... Yeah! OO OOO ooo!!

mmmmmmmmmMMmmmm

The 30mm x 173 GAU-8/A ammunition was among the most effective ammunition used in Operation Desert Storm with proven performance against all targets, including tanks, armored and light vehicles. The 30mm lightweight family of ammunition was developed to optimize the air-to-ground mission of the U.S. Army AH-64 Apache helicopter. This ammunition family is also compatible with all 30mm x 113 gun systems.

The PGU-14/B API Armor Piercing Incendiary round has a lightweight body which contains a sub-calibre high density penetrator of Depleted Uranium (DU). In addition to its penetrating capability DU is a natural pyrophoric material which enhances the incendiary effects. Depleted uranium results from the enriching of natural uranium for use in nuclear reactors. Natural uranium is a slightly radioactive metal that is present in most rocks and soils as well as in many rivers and sea water. Natural uranium consists primarily of a mixture of two isotopes (forms) of uranium, Uranium-235 (U235) and Uranium-238 (U238), in the proportion of about 0.7 and 99.3 percent, respectively. Nuclear reactors require U235 to produce energy, therefore, the natural uranium has to be enriched to obtain the isotope U235 by removing a large part of the U238. Uranium-238 becomes DU, which is 0.7 times as radioactive as natural uranium. . Since DU has a half-life of 4.5 billion years, there is very little decay of those DU materials. When manufactured as 30mm rounds, each DU projectile contains approximately 4,650 grains [0.66 pounds (lbs)] of extruded DU, alloyed with 0.75 weight percent titanium. The projectile is encased in a 0.8 mm-thick aluminum shell as the final DU round.

and to think they were actually thinking about taking the A-10's out of active service prior to Desert Storm!! damn that plane is wicked!! :hump:

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:57 PM
yes fod very bad... lol thats why im on here this week... i'm stuck on night sweeper.. but at night not too much goes on the only people out there to make a mess. is the rotators (747's that take people home and bring them here) and the c5's so i pretty much get to hang out till they call for me..

salsashark
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM
The A-10 is hands down the baddest ass plane in the air... IMO

There's nothing like an elephant fart to spell doom for some poor unlucky bastard!

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 01:08 PM
hard to believe such a kick ass plane on the battle field today was born 1972...

Desert Storm A-10 Mission Results Targets Confirmed Destroyed

Tanks ............................. 987
Artillery .......................... 926
APCs .............................. 501
Trucks ......................... 1,106
Command Vehicles ........ 249
Military Structures .......... 112
Radars ............................. 96
Helicopters (Air to Air) ........ 2
Bunkers ........................... 72
Scud Missiles ................... 51
Anti-Aircraft Artillery ......... 50
Command Post ................ 28
Frog Missiles .................... 11
SAMs ................................. 9
Fuel Tanks ......................... 8
Fighters (Air to Ground) ... 10

Fly boy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
would someone like to donate an a-10 shell to the n00b fund of NCSC(Noob of CSC?)

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
can't help you there but i do have some melted down B-1B fuselage from the crash in So Dak back in 88... sorry, though, you can't have it :no:

Fly boy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:44 PM
can't help you there but i do have some melted down B-1B fuselage from the crash in So Dak back in 88... sorry, though, you can't have it :no:

then u cant have my fireing pin from a 75mm howitzer.

or my nuke part :D

Mista Black
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Nuke Part?? :idea:

maybe we could talk about a trade :D

Fly boy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Nuke Part?? :idea:

maybe we could talk about a trade :D

haha! knew I could get ur attention :)

~Barn~
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM
A10's are tight and all, but I think my favorite will always be the F/A 18 Hornet.

Good lord those planes do everything. Amazing engineering.

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:01 PM
i have 100percent genuine qatari sand... lets start the bidding at 5 dollars a bottle

thunderseye
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
you should check out the new f22

salsashark
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM
you should check out the new f22

That's a badass plane as well. Beware of Raptors with open doors!

Fly boy
Wed Apr 27th, 2005, 04:37 PM
i have 100percent genuine qatari sand... lets start the bidding at 5 dollars a bottle

hehe, I had 2 atari's when i was a kick :D

Desmo
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Hey man you need to take some pictures of the fighters doing night flights, them afterburner shots are outstanding. Have you seen any camel spiders? (If not, and your living in “tent city” just look under your tent ).
--When I was in the desert we used to spend our “down time” making scorpions fight each other.
I take it your in CE? Sounds like you’re a “Heavy Equipment troop”

Are you in “DESERT BEEF” or is it still “Prime Beef”??

Humm, memories…

Mista Black
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 08:48 AM
i remember that emblem!! my dad used to wear one everday to work too :up:

thunderseye
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 08:56 AM
yep good ol prime beef.. but in a few years sounds like its all gonna be redhorse we'll see what happens.. and yep heavy equipment operator/dirt boy... hmmm dont have a night fly... but i have one around sunset.... from a few months ago

Polar X
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Hey thunder, what base are you? do ever see the Polar Air Cargo 747's? if so come over and say hi. I sometimes fly the military trips. maybe I will cya there.

My name is Chris Coonshead and I am a Captain on the classics.
Be safe :)

thunderseye
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 10:17 AM
yeah they have been out here once or twice... the base is aludeid but i'm outta here very soon... hell if ya ever saw the little sweepers sitting on the ramp when you were being unloaded could have been me.. i kinda laughed when i saw polar air... thinking polar air in the desert... its you 747's that make the messes...

Polar X
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 02:13 PM
yea, we get shit from the tower guy all the time. Its a big bird, and requires alot of thrust to get it to move. :( But we do try to not make a major sand storm.
SORRY :D

thunderseye
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 02:43 PM
come on now the c5's make it just fine lol.. actually its the green 747's can't remember which company.. that always make a mess. (hell there is one getting loaded up right now getiting ready to leave) overshooting taxiway to turn on to the active... polar has never had any issues that i can remember..