PDA

View Full Version : riding boots

TwistyRydr
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
So having not that much street riding time, I still ride in tennis shoes and I know its not good. What in your experience are a good pair of riding boots? I've been eyeing Icon's Superduty 2 lately.

cdbouncer
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Anything is better than tennis shoes...except, of course, flip flops. :) Find something that is comfortable and fits well. Sucks to be 3 hrs up a mountain and find out your boot fits so badly you'd rather cut your foot off than ride home with the boot on. Ok so that's probably overkill but you understand.

I currently don't ride track and commute ALOT so I ride in Bates. Not rider specific but mid-calf, full lace, ankle protection and grip. That's what I needed.

aerofaze
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mine that I love are Puma Desmo boots ($249), and the S.O. has the entry-level Fusion boots by Sidi ($200). He's been VERY pleased with them.

If you can't find stuff to try on in the stores in the Springs (surprise surprise), I recommend going online or visiting a shop in Denver that'll let you return the boots without charging restocking fees or shipping penalties in case the boots don't fit well (we liked Revzilla.com).

Sully
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
I wear Alpinestars SMX or Sidi Vertigo boots. My friend has the Icon boots that you're looking at and she likes them, but they seem sort of clunky to me. :mrt:

Reyven
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I've got the Sidi Vertigos and love them. I have friends who don't love them as much and prefer the A* SMX.

Like Aerofaze said, go try some on and see how your feet like them

TwistyRydr
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
I just picked up Sidi Lei boots this afternoon...not entirely sure how they would do but they worked. Then went riding with Aerofaze. Thanks for a great ride!

aerofaze
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Then went riding with Aerofaze. Thanks for a great ride!

Indeed! Nice day with dry roads on CO 105 and 83, though there were areas of patchy gravel. A bit windy, but nothing unmanageable. Thanks for meeting up with me. :D

bren29
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Has anyone tried the Gaerne Black rose boot? I'm seriously considering buying those, My boots I got from the Army surplus store are just not doing it any more and figured I'd go with an actual motorcycle boot this time around.

PunyJuney
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
:(I can't find desmos anywhere in my size (35/36)

Reyven
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM

awwww you your little feet. :( boo

aerofaze
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM

awwww you your little feet. :( boo

The one time I'm thankful for inheriting large feet... :o

Ninja2
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Try MotoGear. http://www.motogearoutlet.com/
I bought a pair of Sidis. And the lady that works there, Mary, is really nice and helpful.
Here my experience in terms of sizes: I'm US 7.5 and Euro 37.5.
I ended up with the Euro 39 Sidis to have room for some good socks and to pull the boot over my leathers. I initially bought Euro size 38, but returned them for the 39s. I think they are the Fusions. Mary also said they would receive a bunch new Sidi models last week Wed. So you may want to go there soon.

BTW - she said they also received some Dainese men's leathers, and will get women's leathers in the Fall. She showed them to me, and they look great. And great price (I think she said $399)!!!