PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Stable

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Finally found an '86 750 Interceptor to add to the collection. She needs some work cosmetically and a good cleaning, but mechanically she's in pretty good shape. And that Yosh 4-into-1 on a 180 degree crank V-4 sounds wicked. Ignore the junk in the background. :)

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/vfr750_03mar2011.jpg

Next up, an '84 750 or '84 1000F...

Dirk

WolFeYeZ
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM
Sweet bike. Don't forget to add it to your sig :P

rybo
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
SWEET!

sfarson
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Major congrats Dirk.

Vehicle 1
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 07:16 AM
:up:

MetaLord 9
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM
The guy finally called you back huh?

GREAT look'n bike Dirk! ENVIOUS!

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
The guy finally called you back huh?

GREAT look'n bike Dirk! ENVIOUS!

Yeah, Tink helped get me connected with him. For some reason, my emails never reached him.

I'll get it added to the sig when I can take a pic that doesn't have garage junk in the background. :)

Dirk

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
sweet ride dirk...my first street bike was an 85' or 86' vfr 700.

Sean
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
That's awesome Dirk! It looks like it's in great condition. Congrats on the new bike!

Bueller
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:01 AM
May it bring you much happiness!

MetaLord 9
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Tink helped get me connected with him. For some reason, my emails never reached him.

I'll get it added to the sig when I can take a pic that doesn't have garage junk in the background. :)

Dirk
We need to start having another MotoGP meet up so we can see more of you and your bikes Dirk.

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM
We need to start having another MotoGP meet up so we can see more of you and your bikes Dirk.

Yeah, my work schedule last summer was really bad and I didn't get out much, and when I did, it was usually a last minute, jump on the XR and hit some nearby trails thing. But this year will be back to normal. Susan and I will be showing up to a few more events and riding more.

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:34 AM
sweet ride dirk...my first street bike was an 85' or 86' vfr 700.

Yeah, there was quite a jump between those two years. Nice bikes both. Next on my list is an '84 750 or an '84 1000F.

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
That's awesome Dirk! It looks like it's in great condition. Congrats on the new bike!

May it bring you much happiness!

Thanks guys. It's a model I've been after for a while. It needs some work but the plastics issues are mostly straight cracks that can be repaired without too much trouble. The good thing is that you can still get the plastics for these. The earlier VFs are much more difficult in that regard.

Dirk

Sean
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
...it was usually a last minute, jump on the XR and hit some nearby trails thing. ...We need to do more of this!

Ricky
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Very nice!!!! Great add to the collection.

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
We need to do more of this!

Agreed! I'll let you know when I plan anything. I'd like to get a 250 and go back and give Pennsylvania Gulch a piece of my mind. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Sean
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Agreed! I'll let you know when I plan anything. I'd like to get a 250 and go back and give Pennsylvania Gulch a piece of my mind. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

DirkThe XR can do it easily. You just need a little more throttle and a little less thinking! Congrats again on the new bike!

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
The XR can do it easily. You just need a little more throttle and a little less thinking! Congrats again on the new bike!

And not being an out of shape slob. :)

sprtbkbabe
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
There's got to be a Hotline for this Honda obsession Dirk :lol:

I was on the Aprilia path after 2, so... :oops:

I'll switch you for the CBR I just picked up if you buy an RSV4 for me

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'll switch you for the CBR I just picked up if you buy an RSV4 for me

If I ever even entertain the idea of trading a V4 for an inline, you'll know that I've been abducted and replaced by a bad clone. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif I would love to have an RSV4. I'm hoping Honda will do something similar soon.

Dirk

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
She's a beaut Dirk! Congrats man.

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Here it is from the other side and a less cluttered background...

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/vfr750_04mar2011.jpg

Dirk

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
And a family portrait. The 500 is still torn apart so it couldn't appear.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/v4_family2.jpg

Dirk

OUTLAWD
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 12:29 AM
you have too many bikes...i can take care of that lowly 'zuki for ya ;)

puckstr
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
And a family portrait. The 500 is still torn apart so it couldn't appear.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/v4_family2.jpg

Dirk
:yay: I Love it

dirkterrell
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
you have too many bikes...i can take care of that lowly 'zuki for ya ;)

I'll make you a good deal on it. 8)

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
She really does look nice. Looks like you probably got a real fair deal on that one. 4-1 exhaust and the hard to find rear seat cowl!

Will it see the street this year or go into restoration mode?

dirkterrell
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM
She really does look nice. Looks like you probably got a real fair deal on that one. 4-1 exhaust and the hard to find rear seat cowl!

Will it see the street this year or go into restoration mode?

It'll probably make an appearance or two in public. Like I said, mechanically it's in great shape.

Dirk

Swift
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm jealous...and turning green. lol

OUTLAWD
Sat Mar 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'll make you a good deal on it. 8)

I wish...I've already got one that I've got too much money dumped into

asp_125
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Dirk, paging Dirk.. RWB VFR 700...

From another forum:

1986 Honda VFR 700F

Legendary Honda V-4 engine, 35,000 miles, red/white/blue original paint, extremely clean and properly maintained, Kerker exhaust, very fast bike, needs nothing, same adult senior owner/mechanic for last 18 years. Good AZ title.

Rare to find one this clean, $1650

Best to contact me via email @......squirrelmanxxjerry@yahoo.com

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Dirk, paging Dirk.. RWB VFR 700...

The '86 750 I got is the one I was looking for. I would like an '87 700 in white at some point though. :loop:

Dirk

Sean
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I kind of want to live in your garage. Dirk, can I throw a cot in one of the corners?

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I kind of want to live in your garage. Dirk, can I throw a cot in one of the corners?

There's no room left! :lol: I think I'm going to have to get another shed for the mower and other non-motorcycle things in there.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/garage.jpg

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
The '86 750 I got is the one I was looking for. I would like an '87 700 in white at some point though. :loop:

Dirk
What you need is an RC30 in Rothmans colors, and an RC45 in Castrol colors! :)

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
What you need is an RC30 in Rothmans colors, and an RC45 in Castrol colors! :)

Yeah, the eventual goal is to have these:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/vf_generations.jpg

The third row down will be the hard one. :)

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Dirk
Nah, just another goal for your bad self to achieve! :) The RC's were my favorites of the V4's. I've never actually seen an NSR in the flesh.

TFOGGuys
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/vf_generations.jpg

Dirk

Yeah, especially the one on the far right....

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, especially the one on the far right....

There was one in Colorado at one point but I'm not sure if it's still here.

Dirk

Sean
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
There's no room left! :lol: I think I'm going to have to get another shed for the mower and other non-motorcycle things in there.
Wrong pic to post, Dirk! Now I really want to move in the garage! I see a nice spot under the work bench for me. :eyebrows:

One of these nice days after work, I'm going to have to stop by and check out the new ride. Nothing wrong with taking the long way home from work, right? :up:

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Wrong pic to post, Dirk! Now I really want to move in the garage! I see a nice spot under the work bench for me. :eyebrows:

One of these nice days after work, I'm going to have to stop by and check out the new ride. Nothing wrong with taking the long way home from work, right? :up:

Not at all. Anytime, buddy. And if you can sleep on a pile of lumber, you can have the rest of the space under the bench. :)

Dirk

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
nice collection!

salsashark
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Not at all. Anytime, buddy. And if you can sleep on a pile of lumber, you can have the rest of the space under the bench. :)

Dirk

That garage needs a hammock!

sorry... as I typed that, this was all I could think about :lol:

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?

Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.

Homer: Mm-Hmm.

Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Homer: Oh, the hammock district!

Hank Scorpio: That's right.

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/25787.gif

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
That garage needs a hammock!

There is going to be a lot of work done on it this spring to increase the efficiency of the use of space. And I'd like to insulate and heat it so I can actually work on the bikes over the winter.

Dirk

Sean
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
There is going to be a lot of work done on it this spring to increase the efficiency of the use of space. And I'd like to insulate and heat it so I can actually work on the bikes over the winter.Souds like a party to me! I work in exchange for beer/pizza. :hump: