PDA

View Full Version : GO PRO HD Mounting?

DemonRider
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
OK, so I am looking for suggested spots for mounting the camera? I have the one on the top of my helmet where else. This is the HERO version, 1080, I already know that I should use the 720 @ 60fps as primary, sound about right?

CaneZach
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM
It all depends on what you want to film. My racebike has about 5 mounting points because I'll film different things. I can film my hands so I can see where my current braking points are. I can film my body so I can see what I need to change on my body position. I can film straight ahead, behind me, etc. I guess it all comes down to what you want to see.

Mother Goose
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I have a sticky above my right headlight and one on my tail. Then one on the side of my helmet. If I want another mounting point, I'll use the suction cup.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5460388894_4e87517b7d_z.jpg

asp_125
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I have one on the top of the triple clamp and one on the tail of the street bike, the track bike's got one on the front of the nose. Got a chest harness for snowsports but not sure what that looks like from the bike. One on top of my dual sport helmet as well.

1BadSvt
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I want a Go Pro:cry:

Hibs
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
no one has ever had problems with those coming off (sticky mounting points on bike, top of helmet, etc) at speed? I'm talking at like 160mph

asp_125
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Ask any of the local track racers, mounted correctly I've yet to see one come off. Of course if you mount in on a rough surface and or it's dirty when you stick it on, then grip is compromised. Even the suction cup thingy works on smooth tanks (and race cars) at speed.

Hibs
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ask any of the local track racers, mounted correctly I've yet to see one come off. Of course if you mount in on a rough surface and or it's dirty when you stick it on, then grip is compromised. Even the suction cup thingy works on smooth tanks (and race cars) at speed.

cool, good to hear. i plan on buying one this summer.

DemonRider
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Took it out on a Test ride today using 1080 mode, didn't feel like it was going to fall off at all, seems very secure at least @ 110 mph, not sure Id want to push any faster then that anyway. Thanks for the suggested spots , I managed to pick this bad boy up for 120.00 Brand New still in wrapper from a guy who got it as a gift but has no use for it, I'm thinking I got really lucky based on the going price of these things think I'll try 720p @ 60 gps next. Used an 8 gig SD card and got 70 min of 1080 record time.

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I've used the suction cup on the tail section of the track bike, holds on fine at 160, just gets a bit bouncy