PDA

View Full Version : Android takes over #1 spot

Bueller
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 06:24 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/07/technology/android/index.htm?hpt=T2

MAZIN
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
No shock there, IMO the crackberry was just lame. I have had 2 since the start of my job and switched to the driod and again IMO andriod's operating system has way more to offer than the blackberry.

Keyser Soze
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Pretty damn impressive for only 27 months.

dirkterrell
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
http://iq722.com/wp-content/uploads/Droid_by_Motorola_Front_Open_VZW_Eye.jpg

Resistance is futile.

TransNone13
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:00 AM

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
^^Agree

TransNone13
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I have the Nexus One, I really want an unlocked Atrix... Will probably go with the Nexus S. I don't want any sort of branding. Tethering and that shit is free when you mask what phone you have and buy unbranded.

Ricky
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I'm glad Apple finally has a serious competitor.

Devaclis
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
So, a phone where I can replace the battery on my own, change my wallpaper legally, install any apps I want, watch video via my HDMI port from my phone to my TV, Does not take an "appointment" with a "GENIUS" to get it repaired, and is, IMO, a much better product, took over frist place? Plus I do not have to Jailbreak it to get what I want?

These polls are unfair. Something is not right here. I demand a recount.

Keyser Soze
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Holy shit! A post from....what's your name again?

Snowman
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Never mind him, he has a personal vendetta against Steve Jobs.
But, then again who doesn't...

modette99
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM

Devaclis
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
BTW: I LOVED my iPhones. Great phones. I just like the control I have with my Droid. Free your wallet.

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Never mind him, he has a personal vendetta against Steve Jobs.
But, then again who doesn't...
My vendetta is less against Steve Jobs and more against the iPhiles who slurp down every drop of sweat from Jobs' balls and then insist upon telling me just how much better it is than anything I've ever had or will have, and how it just makes them a better person than anyone else, but that I shouldn't be jealous.

Snowman
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
At the end of the day I want to know about call quality as it is a PHONE...yeah I like my Motorola Droid...but in another year its back to a normal phone...I...I'm not impressed.

Yea, I know what you mean. Do they make rotary phones anymore? I just can't get the same effect spinning my Driod.

Snowman
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:24 AM
My vendetta is less against Steve Jobs and more against the iPhiles who slurp down every drop of sweat from Jobs' balls and then insist upon telling me just how much better it is than anything I've ever had or will have, and how it just makes them a better person than anyone else, but that I shouldn't be jealous.Why do I have this mental image of you turning a fire hose on people exiting an Apple Store? 8)

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Why do I have this mental image of you turning a fire hose on people exiting an Apple Store? 8)
'cause they're all flamers? :gay:

:D

salsashark
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Apple fanboys = always busy telling people that their toys are better
Droid fanboys = always busy telling people that their toys are better

fanboys fanboys fanboys... who the hell cares, get what works for you and tell everyone else to piss off!

If I could get reception at my house w/ Verizon I would have gone the droid route a while back but until the big V gets off their asses and fixes that little problem, I guess I'll just be content to use my iphone... does what I need it to do.

Ricky
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
So, a phone where I can replace the battery on my own, change my wallpaper legally, install any apps I want, watch video via my HDMI port from my phone to my TV, Does not take an "appointment" with a "GENIUS" to get it repaired, and is, IMO, a much better product, took over frist place? Plus I do not have to Jailbreak it to get what I want?

These polls are unfair. Something is not right here. I demand a recount.

You can change your wallpaper in later versions of iOS. In iOS 4.3 coming out, you can now watch video via HDMI. I also used to bitch about the battery not being swappable, but that's a moot point when the battery can last 2-3 days the way I use it.

There are down sides to being as open as Android is, and there are down sides to being as closed as iOS is. Just recently Android found over 50 apps infected with malware that were removed from the Android store. That has never happened in the Apple app store. Unfortunately, their communist tactics save stupid people from malicious intent. iOS, with its whole 3 phone devices, was beat out by Android, which has many many devices. Even Cricket now sells an Android phone. When you can buy a phone with android on it for $50, it's easy to beat out all the other devices that cost $200 at a minimum, plus require a contract.

They didn't beat out Apple and blackberry just because Android is somehow better (don't get me wrong, android is badass). It's also the fact that when you can buy an android phone out of a gumball machine, everyone's going to buy an android phone.

dirkterrell
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
That has never happened in the Apple app store. Unfortunately, their communist tactics save stupid people from malicious intent.

My, how times have changed. :D

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mac-ad-1984.jpg?w=400&h=294

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Great, now I have Peter Gabriel stuck in my head. Thanks Dirk.

King Nothing
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
My vendetta is less against Steve Jobs and more against the iPhiles who slurp down every drop of sweat from Jobs' balls and then insist upon telling me just how much better it is than anything I've ever had or will have, and how it just makes them a better person than anyone else, but that I shouldn't be jealous.Well, Canuck has to have a hobby. Cut the guy some slack.

puckstr
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
mmmmmm Anya Major
http://design.osu.edu/carlson/history/images/1984athleteb.jpg

Ricky
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 12:30 PM
What the hell is that big white thing on her hip????????? Is that a tumor? :lol:

puckstr
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
ipod tumor