PDA

View Full Version : [W Met] Hooters-MotoGP Opening Round Viewing Party, Sunday March 20th

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
We will be hosting a viewing party for the opening round of MotoGP on Sunday March 20th at Hooters in Lakewood at 6th Avenue and Kipling. Don't miss the top riders in the world competing under the lights at the Losail Circuit in Qatar.

The race is scheduled to air on SPEED channel at 1pm MST. We will attempt to rebroadcast Eurosport coverage of 125GP and MOTO2 races immediately following SPEED's broadcast.

Come start the season out with us, hang out, eat some wings and have a great time watching MotoGP!
See you there!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=203135223031018

Hooters
695 Kipling St
Lakewood, CO 80215

Swift
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I'm there!

siscolee
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Me too, in my one piece!!

Tylaw
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
might try to make this...love hooters...and the restaurant too! :D

UglyDogRacing
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/bump.gif

We have the entire deck reserved this Sunday and bike parking only.

Tylar
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/bump.gif

We have the entire deck reserved this Sunday and bike parking only.

:up: We should be able to make it.

dragos13
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Count me in :)

pauliep
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Got drill weekend, Grrr

Chilly
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
May do a fly-by...

~Barn~
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Will there be a bike wash? Because... you know.... More people will come if there's a bike wash.

Chilly
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Will there be a bike wash? Because... you know.... More people will come if there's a bike wash.
More people will come if they know their soul pillow is coming... Sup?

~Barn~
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
More people will come if they know their soul pillow is coming... Sup?

You make a good point. I'll come by.

Sarge
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Damn, I wanted to go, but all week I thought this was in the Springs, not up north. :(

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Damn, I wanted to go, but all week I thought this was in the Springs, not up north. :(
You still have time to make it up. Its a great day to take the bike out.

Ninja2
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sarge, at least two of us are meeting at 11am at that red barn BBQ place off HWY 24 in the Springs, if you want to join.

Sarge
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
No bike for 19 more days :(, I appreciate it though. I've still got a ton of homework to get done today as well.

UglyDogRacing
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'll be there early showing the qualifying and warm up session prior to the race.

Swift
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Had a good time today other than waiting a small eternity for my food. lol The waitress was nice enough to discount our tickets though which made up for it.

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
A guy at our table waited 40 minutes for a grilled cheese samich. The other dude at our table ordered a cheeseburger and was told, "we're out of burgers!"

There was plenty of tits and ass, though!!!!!!!!

PunyJuney
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
so you know it's called Hooters and not "good food with great service" right? Make sure you never go there hungry. We ordered just before the race started and it arrived just as the race ended.

LordLosh
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Dont know why you guys dont go to Buffalo wild wings way better food way better service way better tvs. You just ask for speed and i bet they have it and i guarantee they will turn it on. IMO but im sure the girls were nice

Bueller
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Dont know why you guys dont go to Buffalo wild wings way better food way better service way better tvs. You just ask for speed and i bet they have it and i guarantee they will turn it on. IMO but im sure the girls were nice

Mostly because it is a hosted event the Jim takes the time and effort to organize, and for the several years he's been doing bike nights and such, people alway have the same bitches. Ya'll should know by now that the crowds you so desire is the very thing that will cause the service to slow down. But yet you all still go. :lol:

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you for organizing this Jim. It's cool to have some great bike events in Colorado. I had a great time and met some cool ppl.

Tylar
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
so you know it's called Hooters and not "good food with great service" right? Make sure you never go there hungry. We ordered just before the race started and it arrived just as the race ended.

Same here. However, most of the reason we (wife/I) go is that if a restaurant is going to give parking and speaker/TV time for our preferred programming, it's good to show up and show that if Jim wants to throw an event, it means lots of people buying food and drink. We might even like a few of you....maybe.

I still got my wings and while they were late, they were fresh out of the cooker. :hump:

Thanks, Jim!

asp_125
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Good job, Jim :up: Looking forward to when the real bike nights start. It was good to see everyone there.

gtn
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks for organizing Jim.

UglyDogRacing
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out. My apologies for the slow service. There was a disconnect between the management and myself earlier this week on the numbers that they should have expected. This resulted in their kitchen being understaffed which cause for the delayed wait for your orders. This will not happen again.

~Barn~
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks for putting it together, Jimmer.