PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a Rally

zx warrior
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Hey was just wondering what you guys think or how much support we would have if a rally was planned in the Colorado Springs area. I was asked since I organize alot of car shows in the area, to help organize a bike ride or rally to help with the building of a Veterans Memorial Wall in Fountain. Just wanted to get some ideas of what to have when to have it and if it would be worth the time and effort dont want to use someone like Pro Promotions due to his cost. I have a idea and think this could be pulled off and make it an annual event, have the place to hold it...oh yeah a 1 day event or a 2 day event and cost for ride give me your ideas....this could be something we could all benefit from.

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I would ride down for that.

Dirk

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm going to move this to the Giving to Others forum.

I think if you went to some of the shops around the area and asked for donations, you could do a raffle at the end. Just another way to raise some more money.

Matty
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Keep us updated...

aerofaze
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I'd definitely be interested and wouldn't mind helping you organize either. Are you thinking of sportbikes only, or all types?

ProPromotions is already doing the Tejon Street BikeFest in June, so we may want to space it away from that (like, a month prior or a month after?). We should also grab the local shops to see if they can contribute anything.

Yes, keep us updated on what you need!

zx warrior
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I think it should be opened to all types of bikes and looking into July or August even though I have a scheduled car show Warriors for Charity Car and Bike show at Citadel Mall for the Foster Children on Aug 27th. Still pondering the idea of a all weekend full out rally or just a big get together and ride out to like Woodland Park or Pueblo maybe the lake.

zx warrior
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 04:40 AM
hey aero I am out of town bumping elbows with mickey mouse for a few more days...as soon as I get back I will send you my phone number and talk to you because I would love to have some help doing this if the offer is for real....will take it. And thanks.

kjohnston1979
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
id be down to ride down for that too being a veteran and ill im game keep me updated

usmcab35
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
another veteran and current military member, i would be down and i know there are a hand full of people i work with that would be interested as well. keep us posted!!!

Swift
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I live about a gallon of gas away so I could definitely come down as well. Not that gas matters on my bike anyway. Lol

Mntntoproc
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Support the troops, count me in. Not sure what other forums are here in the Springs but there are a ton of riders. Let us know what kind of help you need or want.

2isbetterthan4
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I have a few family members that are currently in, or just left Iraq, so I would be all over riding down for this. Keep me posted!

THoward
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Providing you are open to all bikes,there are a lot of veterans and supporters in ABATE. Depending when you have it, I am sure I'd have several interested in attending. Possibly even help organizing. Again it would depend on when you are holding the event as we have a ton of events going on this summer. If I can help in any way let me know.

Terry

veteran_80
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Count me in!

dallas
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Being a veteran and resident of Fountain, count me in. Not sure how many verterans are interested in being part of the "Mountain of Memories" memorial wall, but here is the link to the sign up form. I spoke with one of the coordinators and the bricks are for veterans as well as active duty.

http://www.fountaincolorado.org/egov/docs/1236875115_572784.pdf

zx warrior
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
well this some awesome info I will be back in Colorado in a week or so and will start to get all this organized and will keep everyone posted.....and will try to get as many involved as possible.....

zx warrior
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Terry will give you a date great thing about this its in the planning stage and can be adjusted.....will surely take any help possible to make this sucessfull.

kjohnston1979
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
anything i can do to help please let me know

zx warrior
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I will be out of town for 1 month and starting this weekend will be back 1 may when I get back I am going to get this started and start getting out if anyone can please google or check to see what weekend would be a good one in the month of July to do this ride....think that doing just a ride would be the easiest for the first year and then make it bigger next year to see what kind of turn out we get. I am dead set on donating all monies to the Veterans Memorial fund to help get this Memorial Wall built. Will get all the information about this for donations and such as soon as I can get with the City Counsel. Thanks to all for the support. Also if anyone has any type of giveaways for this event please let me know. We can raffle them off at the ride that day.

CELO
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
sounds like fun. being a fountain resident and an active duty veteran myself i'm very excited to participate. can't wait, keep us posted.

gtn
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Keep us posted on the specifics.

Racz
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
A little bit of a hike but it is the least i can do for the people who have and are fighting for all of us back home, Count me in.

sam38a1
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Great Idea! Count me in.