PDA

View Full Version : Color Rite paint

NUTZ
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Anyone have experience with their paint? How well does it match factory paint?

UglyDogRacing
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Anyone have experience with their paint? How well does it match factory paint?

It's basically the factory paint. They are the only company authorized in this country to to supply oem matched paints by the manufacturers. I have used their paints, both for fairings and to repaint a frame.

jbnwc
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I used it to paint some parts for my wife's copper colored SV. I was really impressed.

NUTZ
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys!

Bashed
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
As the others have said, it is very good.
To keep in mind though, If you are painting a panel that butts up to an existing panel, you might be able to see a differance. As with all paint jobs, paint ages with time and the enviroment. Most shops will blend it in to help with this problem. If you are painting the whole bike or a tail section you will probably be ok. Hope this helps.

ChrisCBX
Fri Mar 11th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Half of these parts are "new old stock" and I painted the others with Color Rite paints. I've used Color Rite on a lot of bike parts over the years and I've always had very good to perfect color matches.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN2928.jpg

Bashed
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Half of these parts are "new old stock" and I painted the others with Color Rite paints. I've used Color Rite on a lot of bike parts over the years and I've always had very good to perfect color matches.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN2928.jpg

Wow, those parts are deserving of thier own bed. Great look stuff, they dont make them like that anymore.

ChrisCBX
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Wow, those parts are deserving of thier own bed. Great look stuff, they dont make them like that anymore.

Thanks!

I've said for a long time, that anything looks better in candy apple red. ;)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN3808.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/FIL8471.jpg

The_Jackel
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
As other have stated, top notch and it is OEM paint. Pricey but worth it, have had one issue with them but they went out of the way to take care of it. used probably 12 different colors.

NUTZ
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Your right Chris, the Hoover is dead sexy! It was good talking with you earlier. I still can't believe how expensive that pearl white is. I looked up the price of a new fender and it was with in ten dollars of what the paint cost. LOL Your work looks top notch Chris!

Jdmluvr
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Do you guys usually buy it in the aerosol cans or use a spray gun? Just curious...

ChrisCBX
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Lol! Yep Brian, I do think I have the best looking Hoover around!

It is amazing how pricey Color Rite is. I do think their prices jumped a couple of years ago (at least the colors I have used).

I'm painting with Color Rite right now as a matter of fact.

ChrisCBX
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Do you guys usually buy it in the aerosol cans or use a spray gun? Just curious...'

Spray gun only for me although I can see where the spray cans would be a huge benefit if I didn't have all of the paint spraying gear.

jbnwc
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I used the can. No problems.

ChrisCBX
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 07:13 PM
My current project. Restoring factory silver on my '79 CBX. All is done except for the tank. The tank is now done up to its first clear coat stage. Next is factory duplicate graphics followed by more clear and then install. Color Rite's silver for this bike is identical to NOS part that I have.

dirkterrell
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Nothing to contribute but I am reading this thread with great interest as I work on the '86 Interceptor...

Dirk

adametal
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I used Color Rite to paint the tail on my previous 2000 zx6r from when I removed those ugly handles. Used just the spray can and it came out perfect, you couldnt even tell. It all depends on how well you prep it and make sure you follow the correct steps in basic spray painting.