PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise

Brizz
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I have an clicking noise comming from my bike when i accellerate. Im not sure what to make of it. It sounds metallic. Any ideas?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
could be your valves...
could be that you are riding a carburated(sp) that was set up for High alt and now you are at sea level?

Anonymous
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 05:03 PM
First, try increasing your gas octane and see if it goes away. If that doesn't help (or if you're already using premium), get the valves checked/adjusted.

Could also be the cam chain tensioner going out, which is common for all types of bikes at some point.

Brizz
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 06:08 PM
not valves, seems to be comming from under the bike.

PharmerKyle
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Only happens while accelerating.... sounds familiar.

As the chain tightens between the front and rear sprockets above the swing arm, the chain gets a little loose under the swing arm. The clicking sound could be the chain literally slapping the bottom of the swing arm. Check to see that the slack isn't too loose. If the sound is more like a rubber band twanging, then you may be a little tight.

Just my $0.02

Pull-To-Start
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 01:15 AM
I would agree that it's prob. the chain or cam chain. Check the chain 1st if that doesn't solve it try the cam chain. The stock ones are set up to tighten as you accelerate so it could be worn, put a manual tightener on there so that it isn't loose at idle.

Project Sh*tbox
Sat Apr 30th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Take the baseball cards out of the spokes dumbass.

-ASC

Brizz
Sat Apr 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
The chain is fine. It seems to be comming from the front of the bike just behind the front tire.

I lost my cards the first time i took off.

Brizz
Sun May 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM
OK So im a dumb ass! My chain was loose. THX everyone for you responces. :D