PDA

View Full Version : Boycotting Speed

Mother Goose
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM
After today's disappointment, I'm boycotting Speed. I'll be downloading the Eurosport feed for WSBK and MotoGP, and just download the AMA races as well. I'll be canceling the extra cable package I have JUST so I could have Speed. :bs:

tecknojoe
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Yea speed is fucking ridiculous. But, it IS owned by nascar isn't it? still bull shit

Mother Goose
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Who wants to watch QUALIFYING instead of a real race? Come on now.

asp_125
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
NASCRAP!!!

tecknojoe
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Who wants to watch QUALIFYING instead of a real race? Come on now.

That happened last year too, can't remember for which race. I think motogp

CaneZach
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
What happened today? I know when the Southies met up, the race was on, but got red-flagged for some reason. I had to leave before the race was restarted, so I don't know what happened.

salsashark
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
2.5 hour delay due to bad tires. Speed ran out of time allotted and proceeded with NASCAR trucks.

It sucks because from what I've read, the end of the race sounded awesome.

frank2
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
you can't tell me you're disappointed? It is the AMA or whatever! Such a waste of a beer. I was so put out! (right). WSBK or Moto GP. What's left. The american series are such bullshit! We knew this before it happened. Safety! OK. Bullshit OK. I guess Indycar will make a come back too!

Bueller
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Dunlop has some splaining to do.

new tires
http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/roadracing/0311/Dunlop_Front.jpg

problem with tires "chunking"

salsashark
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
you can't tell me you're disappointed? It is the AMA or whatever! Such a waste of a beer. I was so put out! (right). WSBK or Moto GP. What's left. The american series are such bullshit! We knew this before it happened. Safety! OK. Bullshit OK. I guess Indycar will make a come back too!

AMA or not. It was a great race... Until they took a ciesta.

Bashed
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 06:23 PM
AMA needs to bring back the big bikes back into the Daytona 200.
The 200 used to be about the best riders on the best bikes.
Riders used to come from all over the world to run it.
It just isn't the same with the 600's, and basicly US talent.
The tire manufactors need to step up thier game,
or they need to make more (mandatory) pitstops to go the distance.
Speed has been lame for a long time, same lame lack of coverage, nothing new there.
On a side note, did Orlando get the milage record?

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Dunlop has some splaining to do.

new tires
http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/roadracing/0311/Dunlop_Front.jpg

problem with tires "chunking"

That's crazy! Just another reason I'd never ride Dunslop.

sprtbkbabe
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Speed is playing the remaining of the race tonight at 9pm

Apparently, enough people complained

derekm
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Watch Inside XDL on VS

Swift
Sat Mar 12th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm kinda glad I missed it now. Gives me a chance to see it without commercial BS for "NASCAR RACEDAY: You won't ever miss the fuckin left turn!"

cromer611
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 04:32 AM
AMA needs to bring back the big bikes back into the Daytona 200.
The 200 used to be about the best riders on the best bikes.
Riders used to come from all over the world to run it.
It just isn't the same with the 600's, and basicly US talent.
The tire manufactors need to step up thier game,
or they need to make more (mandatory) pitstops to go the distance.
Speed has been lame for a long time, same lame lack of coverage, nothing new there.
On a side note, did Orlando get the milage record?

yes ricky did.
might i add that the track has new pavement, and like any tire no matter how good it is, you get some tearing. but nothing like that, yes dunflop has some splaining to do

MAZIN
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Just wondering how many laps before the tire started to chunk?

tecknojoe
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
What causes chunking like that? Is it a defective tire, or is it because they're doing 180 on an 18 degree bank all day?

Bueller
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/road-racing/2011/03/12/lengthy-delay-for-200

Bueller
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
WOW! This was posted on the MRA board (by the Michelin tire rep.). But holy hell I would hate to be trying to stay upright with that much contact patch missing :no:
And to be honest I didn't watch or record or really even care about this race but this is something I become interested in when there is a problem with race tires. I have never had a problem with Dunlops and currently have them on my Buell. I am interested to see what Dunlop has to say about it.
I really wanted to run Dunlops on my Ninja250 but they don't have anything sized for the little turd, except the 501's and that isn't race tire.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1nzceh.jpg

Bueller
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Mar/110313a.htm

CaneZach
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but how is Speed at fault here? Speed gave AMA a 3+ hour block in which to complete their race. AMA/Dunlop/Whoever decides to shut down the race for 2+ hours. Speed moved on to their next programming when the time block was used up. Unless I missed something, I don't blame Speed at all in this case.

I do blame them for bumping MotoGP coverage last year (I don't remember which race) to show NASCRAP.

salsashark
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 04:49 PM
^^ I was glad they bumped the superbikes by an hour to show the rest of the race.

Yeah it sucked but I agree, not really SPEED's fault. They have advertisers to please and NASCRAP pays the bills.

Lomax
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 05:42 PM
OK a plea here from someone that can't afford cable at this time. Is there any way to actually watch AMA, WSBK, and MotoGP online these days? I don't care if the race is a bit old I just need my racing fix. :roll:

I see several sites but it looks like they require invite codes or something. Help an old fart out, PM if needed.

Thanks guys.

Marc

cromer611
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM
^^ I was glad they bumped the superbikes by an hour to show the rest of the race.

Yeah it sucked but I agree, not really SPEED's fault. They have advertisers to please and NASCRAP pays the bills.

lol, speed is shit.
if you have access to euro-sport races your opinion would change.
too many commercials, commentators suck.
all in all speed blows compared to Europe coverage.

Ted
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Last MotoGP season, i downloaded BBC's coverage of the first race, and my life was forever change. I ended up watching BBC's coverage of all the races (via downloads a day or two later.) The wait was painful, but worth it. I am sure Eurosport's coverage is probably the same.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
The 200 was made a shadow of it's former grand self when, as Mladin put it, they made it a "minibike race". Essentially, they took the motorcycling equivalent of the Daytona 500 and made it a "legends car" race. Disgraceful. I watched the first one, and have never watched one since. Then, when the GAYtona Motor Group team up with the AMA and completed screwing up the series, I stopped watching any of the races. Sad, because I'd been following them and going to Lagunaa Seca, Willow Springs, and Mid-Ohio for the races since the early '80's. Now, I could give a shit.

They need to adopt the WSB rules completely, with the only possible exception being the tire manufacturer. This would allow for cheaper bikes (higher-volume standardized parts are cheaper), more readily-available knowledge (and should tighten up the racing) and allow more riders to be wildcards.

AMA/DMG == FAIL.