PDA

View Full Version : first spring newb ride 3/19/2011

BadR6Man
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I would like to invite all of the new and old riders here on CSC for a spring newb ride on march 19. Come on out for a relaxed (10-15 mph over) pace ride to Bishops Castle and beyond. Weather forecast is looking good with a high of 71F. This will be a great time to learn and pick up some rider feedback (I'm sure there will be some more experienced riders that will show up), knock off the winter cobwebs and to meet other members. A stop for lunch, gas, and BS will be along the way.

Meet up spot at the Shell gas station hidden behind the Safeway at 115 and S academy. The address for safeway for those who do not know is:

6520 South Academy Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Time: 10am meet, Kickstands up at 10:30am. If all goes well, expect to be back to the Springs at 3pm (if not sooner :w00t:)

Ninja2
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'll sweep; as usual.... .

CaneZach
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM
If I can pick up some new tires before then, I may join you guys. I can lead, sweep, or do whatever.

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 13th, 2011, 10:34 PM
(10-15 mph over)

can you ride that slow?

I'd be down...but I got something else going that day.

Stangracer85
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Might be able to make this trip...have to see how work week goes

aerofaze
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Would love to, thanks for posting. Bike needs her 15k tune-up, but I think it'll be okay for this ride. Will confirm in a couple days.

Rabea... you're back!!! ROCK ON. :rock:

Concabar
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM

Hmm, so then you are back?

As of right now I should be there. + 2 possibly.

Concabar
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=aerofaze;548600]Would love to, thanks for posting. Bike needs her 15k tune-up, but I think it'll be okay for this ride. Will confirm in a couple days.

Yea, I am right there with you. Will need my 15k tune up as well

spdu4ia
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM
damn... wish i could. trailering the bike to Erico in Denver for a maping update. Next time.

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Rabea... you're back!!! ROCK ON. :rock:

and this! :hibye:

TwistyRydr
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Totally wanna go! Hubby (1badsvt) and I have been talking about going to Bishop's Castle sometime, since we've never been! I'll have to check with him, hopefully he isn't working ;-)

Stangracer85
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Bishops Ride is one of my favorite routes..such a mixture of everything.

matt2778
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Maybe if it was on sunday

Mntntoproc
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I should be able to make this trip! Have yet to make it Bishop's and have heard lots of good things about the trip there.

1BadSvt
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If I'm not working the Wife and I are in.

Tykho
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds like a fun ride, Highway 12 is a very nice road. I'll try to make it.

BlueRanger
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Bishops Castle is where I crashed!!!! hehe :loop:

CaneZach
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Bishops Castle is where I crashed!!!! hehe :loop:

You and about a dozen other people last year. People are constantly going into the guardrail near the first uphill S-curve.

Ninja2
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
You and about a dozen other people last year. People are constantly going into the guardrail near the first uphill S-curve.

Indeed - here the proof!

1BadSvt
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Indeed - here the proof!
Atleast you didn't get stabbed by your own MIRROR!:no:

BlueRanger
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
My injuries were way worse! I bent a toe back slightly.:shocked:

BlueRanger
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I never even made it to any uphill s curve. I went down before the twistiest... in my garage lol.

GuitarX
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm in. I'll be meeting some other Northies in the Fay Myers parking lot. Probably get there around 8:15, KSU 8:30. Any other folks want to head down with us, just meet us there.

BC14
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Myself and some other northies will be coming along on this trip. I love some of the roads around that area. Hopefully they aren't too gravelly.

CaneZach
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Atleast you didn't get stabbed by your own MIRROR!:no:

Those pics aren't from Rabea's bike. I will always respect how she rides well within her abilities and doesn't put herself in a position that she can't recover from.

If I remember correctly, those are just leftover parts from previous crashes. If you stop near the guardrail and take a look around, you'll find all sorts of reminders why you should ALWAYS stay within your limits.

Spooph
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Gonna try and make this one and meet some Southies.... :D

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I'm in. Getting new rubber tomorrow, so I'll see everyone on saturday.

dallas
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Those pics aren't from Rabea's bike. I will always respect how she rides well within her abilities and doesn't put herself in a position that she can't recover from.

If I remember correctly, those are just leftover parts from previous crashes. If you stop near the guardrail and take a look around, you'll find all sorts of reminders why you should ALWAYS stay within your limits.

I always ride within my limits, but when I ride with Zach, he always makes me ride outside the speed limits (usually 3 to 5 over)............

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I always ride within my limits, but when I ride with Zach, he always makes me ride outside the speed limits (usually 3 to 5 over)............

I don't recall you guys ever doing more than 1 to 2 over. :hump:

dallas
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I guess I need a Speedo-Healer then, or mount a GPS to the bike. I would hate to get hassled by the law for something simple that can be prevented, like speeding.

Reyven
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Gonna try and make this one and meet some Southies.... :D

No tire seminar for you then?

aerofaze
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
...I will always respect how [Rabea] rides well within her abilities and doesn't put herself in a position that she can't recover from.

That is exactly why I love riding with Rabea. 8)

And wow, it looks like we're getting a good turnout!!

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM

I don't recall you guys ever doing more than 1 to 2 over. :hump:

Such malicious and slanderous lies! Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!!! We always behave ourselves and no speed limits have ever been broken during our excursions on public roadways. If I'm not mistaken, we tend to ride about ten UNDER the speed limit and have never partaken in any sort of hooliganism!:D

Spooph
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Oh crap, I totally forgot, yea, I'm out for the ride..

BadR6Man
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM
can you ride that slow?

Come on now, how fast can a 25 year old FJ1200 be anyway? Don't worry folks, the battery is dead is in my FJ so looks like I will be riding my R6 and contemplatiing on riding my MV.

I'm glad to see that quite a few peeps will be attending. If there is a good turnout, I will break it up into groups (fast and slow)if there will be another leader and sweeper available. Smaller groups makes eveyones day much more enjoyable.

Nice to see some northies joining. I plan on joining some of your rides this year to enjoy the views. I hear stories of some the great twisty routes you all have up there.

BadR6Man
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM

What tire seminar?

Here is the quick and brief seminar for tires. They are usually black and round, made usually of rubber, and are attracted to nails and debris. LOL What else is there to know except to have plenty of side tread on ride with me. Or is it to have knobby tires installed when you ride with me. By the way for everyone on this ride, I don't expect to be taking any dirt roads like last year :bow:.

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Like I said before, I'll lead, sweep, or whatever.

BlueRanger
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Slow group FTW! :yay:

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I was thinking of joining this until i realized its on Saturday :(

BlueRanger
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Saturday? Why did I think it was on Friday.

powers
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Count me in.

Reyven
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
What tire seminar?

Here is the quick and brief seminar for tires. They are usually black and round, made usually of rubber, and are attracted to nails and debris. LOL What else is there to know except to have plenty of side tread on ride with me. Or is it to have knobby tires installed when you ride with me. By the way for everyone on this ride, I don't expect to be taking any dirt roads like last year :bow:.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38307

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM

huh...funny...maybe less like 3 over and more like 3x the limit :p

aerofaze
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Count me in.

YES! :bow: My gang is now complete.

Graphite675
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I've never been to Bishop's and was thinking about joining in. But in all seriousness, will this be a mellow ride? I'm always leary about joining in on group rides because it seems that someone always crashes or gets a ticket etc.

Thanks.

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
It's a newb ride so my guess is it will be spirited but not beyond MSF graduate limits. Guys losing it in the corners is always my biggest fear. I definitely don't know most of the roads down there so I'm still debating if I wanna go.

Graphite675
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I've only been here for 2 years and spend most of my time on the track so I don't know many of the roads around here. If I'm on the road I prefer to keep it some what mellow. I have no desire to get a ticket or see someone crash.

Ninja2
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
It's a newb ride so my guess is it will be spirited but not beyond MSF graduate limits. Guys losing it in the corners is always my biggest fear. I definitely don't know most of the roads down there so I'm still debating if I wanna go.

I cannot afford a ticket, so I will be as close as possible to the speed limit, and I will sweep in the slow group, if we divide into groups. I understand your concerns though. I would hope everyone will ride within their limits, but some things are simply unforseeable. It would be great to meet you on Saturday, if you decide to join, and understand if you do not.

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I about had a heart attack yesterday with Zach twice. Once from one of our guys going down who is ok, and once with me almost eating some guy's mailbox for lunch no thanks to a mixture of sand and run off from snow.

Anyone been on this run that is planned recently? What are the road conditions like?

Edit: Ninja2,
If that is the case then count me in. Would be good to meet some more of the southern guys since I'm pretty much in between Csprings and Dtown.

Ninja2
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I about had a heart attack yesterday with Zach twice. Once from one of our guys going down who is ok, and once with me almost eating some guy's mailbox for lunch no thanks to a mixture of sand and run off from snow.

Anyone been on this run that is planned recently? What are the road conditions like?

I had the pleasure to be on CaneZach's seat. I do not think anything would beat that experience. :roll:
My assumption is - expect some gravel/sand. Always a safe bet, esp after Wetmore until the left turn to go up to Bishop's. BadR6 and I rode that route when there was snow/ice on the road. As long as you adjust your speed, you're fine. OK - we did not ride more than 10mphs around corners though. If you want, I am ok with leading in front of you, and point out where to slow down.

lunasgixxer
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone heading up from the Thornton area

aerofaze
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Swift, I agree with Rabea (Ninja2)- I also will be riding mellow. I've got other priorities planned this summer, and I'd rather not have anything bad happen to me nor to anyone else.

I will be most comfortable in the :turtle: group, so you'll definitely have company if you just want to hang back and get a feel for the route. Plenty of other opportunities later this season to go crazy on it!

The season is young, my friends!!

aerofaze
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Sounds like the Denver South Metro peeps are meeting at some point (see thread below).
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=549305#post549305

Otherwise, you could post up in the North Metro section and see if anyone from there is heading down. 8)

Ninja2
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
If you want to push yourself a bit more, I highly recommend Chicane Trackdays: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37762
Went on the track the first time with Chicane to learn the ins and outs of the track. Unfortunately, I still couldn't get my speed up as much as I would have liked, but a bit more confident. Rybo (Scott) does a great job organizing the event, it's broken up into two to three level of rider abilities and provides an instructor to show you the lines if you're new to that particular track. This year, there will only be one chicane track day :-( at HPR.

BlueRanger
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Everyone have their license? lol, or should I not ask that.

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'd rather not have a front tire slip experience again like yesterday. That scared the bejezus out of me. Thank god for ABATE and my dirt experience coming into action. I really wish I had a gopro so I could have recorded it. Definitely a butthole puckering feeling when the front end lets go.

I appreciate the "its ok" pats on the back lol. I think I'll be ok. I know my limits pretty well so I'm not planning on having a heart to heart with a shrub on the side of the road.

musclemutt99
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I am pretty new rider myself (1 year) and I am really afraid of biting it in a corner. Besides, I have a clean drivers license and I plan to keep it that way. (ie. i wont speed 5 over the limit) I hope that that wont be a problem. :)

Concabar
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Rode down to Canyon City last weekend, the roads were clear the whole way. A lot of Troopers (like 1 to 2 every 5 miles) were out, good thing to on coming riders and considerate drivers to flash their lights for the heads up.

I am leaving next week so I cannot afford to get any tickets or have another accident. Cruising definitely on the straightaways.

BadR6Man
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I see some concerns about the pace of this ride. This is a newb ride and the pace will be fairly slow to spirited. Remember, the year just started. No need to crash or prove anything to anyone on this ride. Just ride your own pace that you feel comfortable with. Don't worry about trying to keep up with a faster rider in front of you. We will wait for you.

reminder to all to check your air pressures, lights, brakes, fluid levels, etc. The bikes have been sitting for a while.

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I had the pleasure to be on CaneZach's seat. I do not think anything would beat that experience. :roll:

you did this willingly!?!?!

you guys/ladies have fun...I definately want to more exploring down south this year if my schedule allows for it

Ninja2
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM
you did this willingly!?!?!

you guys/ladies have fun...I definately want to more exploring down south this year if my schedule allows for it

No.... . Thanks. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. Too bad you can't join. It would be great to see you again.

aerofaze
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
...The bikes have been sitting for a while.

Speak for yourself!! *wink* :lol:

will-t
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm heading down. I'll be coming out of the Firestone area if you want to meet up prior to the meet up in Denver so we can meet up in the Springs. Holy crap 2 hours of riding just to start riding. heh.

As far as pace, I'm also a slowbie. Most often I'm a speed limit (or less depending on the corner) kind of person, although I'm a little faster now since I switched to 3 wheels (Spyder). Anyway, anyone going slow will have plenty of company.

1BadSvt
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Ok so the Wife and I are in for sure!

bornwildnfree
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Spiderman and I will be there.

BlueRanger
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:46 PM
This ride is WINNING!

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:44 PM
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatoreec1fdfa59465ae165f6fce9a9c35db325d2ed8c. jpg

spdu4ia
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 07:01 AM
hopefully the roads will be good for you guys... currently snowing at my house in springs

Graphite675
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM
hopefully the roads will be good for you guys... currently snowing at my house in springs

It's not snowing on the north east end of town right now and the roads are clear of snow but there is a LOT of sand on the road.
Still up in the air if I'm going to make it or not? Probably decide in the morning.

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
This ride is LOSING! :dunno:

Na, the weather forecast expected this for today. Tomorrow is still suppose to be awesome. It all depends how the snow from today is tomorrow.

aerofaze
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Spiderman and I will be there.

EXCELLENT!!! Christy, Bob, looking forward to seeing both of you again. I have Bob's number in case anything changes.

Yes, it was snowing this morning, but it's March in Colorado. Should be nice albeit cool tomorrow, but keep an eye on that gravel!!!

Swift
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:17 AM
How much did you guys get down there? The streets are just wet from Castle Rock to Denver.

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
How much did you guys get down there? The streets are just wet from Castle Rock to Denver.

Snowed this morning, not much. Now we just have wet roads.

aerofaze
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM

Not more than half an inch, where I came from this morning. Should be melted by now. Patchy blue skies above.

I also revise my earlier statement. The Wet Mountains (where we're headed tomorrow) could get 2" this evening according to KKTV (http://www.kktv.com/weather):

Later this afternoon and evening, snow showers are likely to develop in and around the Wet and Sangre de Cristo Mountains. A few spots could pick up an inch or two of accumulation, where the heaviest snow showers occur.

Swift
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I guess we'll play it by ear tomorrow.

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Everyone's welcome to come to my place and play some biejio games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxXemG19Eu4 :lol:

TwistyRydr
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Everyone's welcome to come to my place and play some biejio games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxXemG19Eu4 :lol:

:lol: OMG that was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
:lol: OMG that was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

lol, watch the entire show if you have the time. All the parts are on youtube. It's especially funny if you have an asian mom. My Moms been here for ages and her accent is indeed thicker lol

Graphite675
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I also revise my earlier statement. The Wet Mountains (where we're headed tomorrow) could get 2" this evening according to KKTV (http://www.kktv.com/weather):

Later this afternoon and evening, snow showers are likely to develop in and around the Wet and Sangre de Cristo Mountains. A few spots could pick up an inch or two of accumulation, where the heaviest snow showers occur.

Hum? maybe Sunday would be a better choice?

matt2778
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hum? maybe Sunday would be a better choice?

I would go on sunday

Mntntoproc
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
See you all tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting everyone! Have a great Friday night!

1BadSvt
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYn5YaEPspE&feature=related
I CANT WAIT!!!!!
This guy is Awesome LMAO

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Someone always posts a vid of him before a ride to Bishops Castle wtf, lol.

1BadSvt
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
^My bad I'm NEW LOL

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:33 PM
^My bad I'm NEW LOL

no, I'm not wtf'ing you. I'm always wtf'ing the vids that come out, they're hilarious. Unfortunately, the times I've gone there he was never in action.

The Black Knight
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Some quick info for you all hitting up Bishop's. Be very cautious going into Wetmore this time of year. And it's not so bad going up, it's coming back down through Wetmore. Wetmore is notorious for having alot of sand in just about every corner. In my experience, a Bishop's run, usually wasn't free of sand until the May showers start to hit the twisties and clean them up. Also the road to Bishop's from Mackenzie junction can be very sandy.

Even when Wetmore is clean, it can snag the most seasoned riders at times. Watch all turns with guardrails as well(mainly that's if you're coming down, they can be very nasty if you run hot into them).

A loop I always did, was run up through Wetmore, hit Mackenzie Junction to Bishop's, come back down to Mack Junct, then head West to Westcliffe. Head North out of Westcliffe to Texas Creek on Hwy 50, and then back through Canon and Penrose back to the Springs. It's a great loop and plenty of twisties.

Bishop's ride is a great route. However, I've seen more folks go down in that stretch. It claims lots of riders(not their Lives, just their Bikes) every year.

CaneZach
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I've been down there about 40-50 times since 1998 and I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Bishop. I keep hoping to, but it's never happened.

The Black Knight
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I've been down there about 40-50 times since 1998 and I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Bishop. I keep hoping to, but it's never happened.
Really?? he's been there just about every time I've gone to the Castle. Just look or listen for the guy ranting about the Government. :)

BlueRanger
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:50 PM
He was there last time I went, he just wasn't ranting.

Bueller
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
He was there last time I went, he just wasn't ranting.

All you have to do is coax him a bit, like ask him hows he doing this fine day:nuke:

BlueRanger
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Lol i noticed that in some of the vids. People would ask him a question to get him started.

I just finished everything I'm officially on SPRING BREAK!!! lol.

Everyone go to BED!

CaneZach
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
If anyone is interested, there's a coffee shop next to the Shell station we're meeting at. The shop is called Black Bear and I'll be there around 0930ish to grab some coffee. Look for the titanium-colored ZX10R and the guy in a red Alpinestars 1pc suit.

1BadSvt
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
We are on the way now!
Look for a blue 954RR
And a Katana that is nakey!

JohnEffinK
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Bump!

Good talking to ya'll this morning even if I couldn't get on the road with you.

Hopefully the day was good - looking forward to seeing pics!

And I think this was a first for such a large group of Northies to make their way down south as well as the largest collection of Triumphs in one location in CO short of a dealership!

John

CaneZach
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
John, you missed seeing one of Mr. Bishop's infamous rants! Great ride, all! And much thanks to the northies for joining us today. A little gravel and some serious wind gusts made it interesting.

ghostrider_9
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
All in all, it was a good ride. We had never been to Bishop's Castle before. It is very interesting. If you haven't been, we highly encourage that you go check it out. Thanks to everyone that went. It really was a good group. It was nice to put some names and faces together. Good riding with you CaneZack (and everyone else). . .

musclemutt99
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Hey Thanks for the great ride. I had lots of fun meeting you all! I look forward to the next noob ride.

caj07r6
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I have some pics. Do I add them here or should I start a new thread?

salsashark
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Nice first "real" ride of the season...

aerofaze
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Jason (Mntntoproc) and I have arrived home safely. After Bishop's, we (including Eric- powers) headed to Westcliffe, then to Cripple Creek, then back to the Springs. Approx 251 miles. Wind pushed me around quite a bit in the corners, and gravel didn't help matters so I took it easy in areas.

All in all a fun ride with everyone- biggest group I've ever been in. Was great to see the Northies on our end of the state today!

BlueRanger
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
My ass hurts.

Ninja2
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I think all Springs riders are home safe.
We have two folks on the way to Denver, and one to Castle Rock.
Great ride everyone! John, thanks for posting.

BlueRanger
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah definitely, thanks for setting it up man. Thanks, leaders, sweepers and everyone in between.

caj07r6
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9761/dsc02115p.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/i/dsc02115p.jpg/)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3346/dsc02090s.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/dsc02090s.jpg/)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7370/dsc02083zx.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/dsc02083zx.jpg/)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2916/dsc02084.th.jpg (http://img853.imageshack.us/i/dsc02084.jpg/)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9003/dsc02085wc.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/dsc02085wc.jpg/)

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/5931/dsc02086e.th.jpg (http://img860.imageshack.us/i/dsc02086e.jpg/)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4030/dsc02087c.th.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/dsc02087c.jpg/)

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2001/dsc02088q.th.jpg (http://img851.imageshack.us/i/dsc02088q.jpg/)

caj07r6
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Time for a beer! :guinness:

Thanks everyone. It was fun!!

OUTLAWD
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
holy huge group batman! sorry i had to miss out

Concabar
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the ride, good way to kick of the season

WolFeYeZ
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Awesome ride guys. Thanks for all the fun. All safe home up here in Denver. Ouch! 350 miles on a motorcycle does hurt. Cya all another time.

BlueRanger
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I some how always miss out on the pictures lol. I wasn't even there yet when those pics were taken. I was busy missing the Academy exit.

BadR6Man
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:29 PM
WOW! Approximately 30 bikes showed up this morning. Thanks for all the help with leaders, sweepers, and Krissy for the rider meeting spiel. Broke it up into 3 groups(slow, slower, and nooberish). Looks loke everyone made it home safe and all seem to have enjoyed themselves.

Not sure who I was leading from Westcliffe to Texas Creek, hope you all had some fun. Looked like everyone was comfortable with the pace so I just kept it up.

We ended up taking 50 east back to Canon City and a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's. Realized when I got home that I had left my back protector there. Called them up and the manager said that someone there ran it out to one of us and that he didn't see it laying around at the time and I should call back at 9pm. Good new is, gives me a reason to go out riding tomorrow. I may make it to Cripple Creek this weekend after all:p. I'm thinking group ride to kick some Chili's staff for a back protector ride.

BadR6Man
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Awesome ride guys. Thanks for all the fun. All safe home up here in Denver. Ouch! 350 miles on a motorcycle does hurt. Cya all another time.

Wait until the July 4th Firecracker 500 ride. Wait, my ass wasn't sore, it was never on the seat. LOL

BadR6Man
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Did anyone get a pic of the mountains while in Westcliffe? They looked awesome.

GuitarX
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Sarah, thanks for putting that together. What a great ride!!!! Thanks also to all the Northies that met up at Fay's this morning. 14 bikes including a Can Am, very cool! I'm looking forward to a great season this year.

BC14
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Great ride, I ended up at 443 miles...Got my new tires nice and scrubbed in today. Was really cool to see all the springs peeps... Hope to get out with you's guys in the future :)

salsashark
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Spent all that time in the dirty today and I didn't see one banjo playing kid on a bridge... :(

Graphite675
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Not sure who I was leading from Westcliffe to Texas Creek, hope you all had some fun. Looked like everyone was comfortable with the pace so I just kept it up.

I must admit I was getting a little nervous when we hit Texas Creek and the gas pumps were closed. I was running on fumes. That Duc has no range at all. I need to figure out a way to carry some extra fuel!

Thanks for leading the way, great ride!

JP

will-t
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hell of a ride today. Lots of fun meeting the Southies and finally hitting up Bishops. 430 miles overall for me. I guess Spyders are pretty comfy for the long haul.

Swift
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
My entire body hates me with a passion right now. Well over 400 miles in total when I count the ride up to Arvada and back to Castle Rock later this evening. Nice meeting all of you and seeing so many familiar faces again. lol
Definitely looking forward to the next one.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
wow that looked like a great time! Hope to catch up with a bunch of you on another weekend.

CaneZach
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
By the way, don't ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! take a Starbucks coffee cup into the Black Bear coffee shop. It wasn't even mine and the knife-wielding girl behind the counter was still ready to make me pay for someone else's transgression.

Spooph
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM
lol, dually noted. Sorry I missed it, hopefully we'll get to catch up soon.

TwistyRydr
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
By the way, don't ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! take a Starbucks coffee cup into the Black Bear coffee shop. It wasn't even mine and the knife-wielding girl behind the counter was still ready to make me pay for someone else's transgression.

Blame 1badsvt for that poorly thought out idea!

I had a great time and my body sure is paying for it now. Want to thank all those who put up with my slow and loud ass bike :-P Next time ill supply some ear plugs!

Swift
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Like I said, just gather up all the roadkill you can and jam it in that pipe and it'll be all good because it'll be quieter and it'll smell like a redneck BBQ.

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Wait until the July 4th Firecracker 500 ride. Wait, my ass wasn't sore, it was never on the seat. LOL

haha...I think I logged 780 last year...averaging 68 mph the entire day

my slow and loud ass bike :-P Next time ill supply some ear plugs!

I can't believe someone has a louder bike than mine :lol:

Mntntoproc
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone for a great day! Fun to see so many of you again. Meet others for the first time. See you next time!

JohnEffinK
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM

She was ready to whoop some arse on that one!

John

Graphite675
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Hahaha. My boss owns that coffee shop (actually his wife runs it) Everyone shows up at work with Starbucks every day just to give hm a hard time :lol:

aerofaze
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Sarah, thanks for putting that together. What a great ride!!!! Thanks also to all the Northies that met up at Fay's this morning. 14 bikes including a Can Am, very cool! I'm looking forward to a great season this year.

Gary, thank John (BadR6Man). He set the whole thing up! I only collected phone numbers from the Northies to have an excuse to stalk ya'll. :lol: Sorry for missing introducing myself to some of you as there were so many of us to talk to!

I'll have my pics up later today. Lots of bikes and good people... and fun! Thanks for coming down to the Springs.

V4whore
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks to the Dirty Southerners whom put this very interesting ride on. When we got back into our neck of the woods, us northies were commenting on how each and everyone of us had at least one small incident. In my case, larger; as close as a person can get to crashing without actually going down. I strongly recommend staying off of sandy shoulders in tight corners where a gaurdrail is present - my leathers went to "Def-Con brown". Anyway, thanks again. We'll have to give it another shot sometime, after the sand and wind have become a distant memory.

Special thanks to BadR6 for the "spirited" pace and lead from Westcliffe to wherever the hell we ended up (Cotapaxi?). Five of us northies had a nice ride from there - thru Cripple Creek, to Woodland, up Deckers, to 285 and home.

BC14
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks to the Dirty Southerners whom put this very interesting ride on. When we got back into our neck of the woods, us northies were commenting on how each and everyone of us had at least one small incident. In my case, larger; as close as a person can get to crashing without actually going down. I strongly recommend staying off of sandy shoulders in tight corners where a gaurdrail is present - my leathers went to "Def-Con brown". Anyway, thanks again. We'll have to give it another shot sometime, after the sand and wind have become a distant memory.

Special thanks to BadR6 for the "spirited"(understatement) pace and lead from Westcliffe to wherever the hell we ended up (Cotapaxi?). Five of us northies had a nice ride from there - thru Cripple Creek, to Woodland, up Deckers, to 285 and home.

My incident was nothing like yours Dave. You had quite the adventure dirt trackin' it for a few feet there. Just a bit of squirrliness on some tar snakes mid corner...that's always a wake up.

1BadSvt
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Here's more from my camera. :w00t:

CSC Ride 3/19/11 (https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090975&id=1055653267&l=00fa682323)

matt2778
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Who had the k4-k5 yellow and black gsxr750?

2009RavenR1
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Wish I would have seen this earlier...

TwistyRydr
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM

That guy was one of the northies.

BC14
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
That guy was one of the northies.

Yep, he's a friend of mine and GuitarX, among others.

GuitarX
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM

That would be "Slingshot".

BC14
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Didn't know he was on here...

DemonRider
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
This looks like it would have been fun, too bad I work on Saturdays:( maybe next one.

aerofaze
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:26 PM
MY PICS (http://picasaweb.google.com/aeroDuc/DirtySouthSpring2011)!! Click to visit my Picasa site.

Funny: I noticed one of the photos that caj07r6 took had me taking a picture of him as he stood on the stone fence at the Academy Shell station (my first two photos).

TwistyRydr
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
MY PICS (http://picasaweb.google.com/aeroDuc/DirtySouthSpring2011)!! Click to visit my Picasa site.

Funny: I noticed one of the photos that caj07r6 took had me taking a picture of him as he stood on the stone fence at the Academy Shell station (my first two photos).

GREAT PICS! Loved how you had photos of once you got home! hahaha :lol:

ghostrider_9
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM

GREAT PICS! Loved how you had photos of once you got home! hahaha :lol:

Love the pics! Love the sense of humor even more!

CaneZach
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM
That would be "Slingshot".

That's Sushil, right?

BC14
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 05:53 AM
That's Sushil, right?
Yep, that's correct.

will-t
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 08:35 AM

Sarah I didn't get to meet you any of the times we were standing around so at least now I know who you are when you start stalking the northies.

Loved the pics.

caj07r6
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM

Thats funny! The second pic looks like Im doin a little dance. lol

GuitarX
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
That's Sushil, right?

Yep, Susheel is how it's spelled actually (but great memory!). He is "Slingshot" on the forum, although I don't think he gets on too much.