PDA

View Full Version : US MotoGP - Laguna Seca Destination Thread

salsashark
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Since there are numerous thread fragments all over regarding Laguna, I figured it would be nice to see if we can have a sticky thread here for peep's official GP plans.

My plans:
Heading out of Denver and slabbing it to Vegas on 7/21, tearing out of Vegas at o'dark thirty and heading for the coast, then up to the races Fri-Sun. After that, I'm heading up through Oregon and Washington before returning home.

Just booked a place in Salinas... It's no ocean front property, but I'm not there to watch the waves.

Anyways, figured with numerous CSC people out there, maybe we can get together or what not.

Post Up!

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I stuck it, AFTER changing the spelling on Laguna. ;)

salsashark
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
:up: ummm... it's the daylight savings! Yeah... that's the ticket...

asp_125
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Will be trailering out probably (not sure yet) Wed nite and either marathon drive or overnighting somewhere in UT. Staying near Watsonville with others and doing Fri-Sun at the races (with either Fri or Sat being a partial ride down the coast). Leaving Monday.

We should think about a CSC meetup one evening down at Cannery Row.

ChrisCBX
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Will be trailering out probably (not sure yet) Wed nite and either marathon drive or overnighting somewhere in UT. Staying near Watsonville with others and doing Fri-Sun at the races (with either Fri or Sat being a partial ride down the coast). Leaving Monday.

We should think about a CSC meetup one evening down at Cannery Row.

Me too on what he said. :)

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'll be goin out weds and staying till monday. I'll be cornerworking and camping in the cornerworker area.

This is all pending. Waiting on the final word for my application.

Haven't decided if I'll drive or fly

tweak
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm going for the third year in a row. Heading out up through craig or I80 and going to meet up in oregon with some friends, quick ride through tahoe to truckie. I'm staying at archery this year. Going solo this year, and happy to have another rider and open to route changes, except through las vegas, its too dam hot through there and barstow.

We trailered all other years, and it was a blast to have the setup, but Im more about the ride this year.

If you staying in archery, hit me up and Ill save a beer for you.

PunyJuney
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Me too on what he said. :)

ditto them, have room in the SUV but trailer for 2 bikes is spoken for.

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
ditto them, have room in the SUV but trailer for 2 bikes is spoken for.

If I can get a job by then, I'd love to ride out...we'll see

tweak
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:56 AM
where are all you guys plan on staying? I recommend the track, and I think extra days after the race are 25.00, as it converts into a park area monday morning.

asp_125
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
We're outta there by Monday. Camping by the track fills up quickly, book now if you are not already too late. We're staying someplace with hot showers and soft beds. ;)

tweak
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
tickets are still avalible, they usually sell out on camping in late aprill

salsashark
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
just ordered tickets... there aint no going back now! w00t

tweak
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm waiting untill I get back from TDY. Making a list of Preventative Maintence stuff I need done before July, not looking to bad.

Any advice on a shop for front and rear bearing replacement, I do not have a press, and its one thing I'd rather have a shop do? Ill probably buy my tires at 303 cycle. Prices seem about right.

salsashark
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
^^
Check w/ Supertune Motorsports or TFOG. Both are great independent shops that will treat you right.

tweak
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
thanks for the advice. My buddy steave just bought the camping passes.

rccarver
Sat May 14th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Great camping just north of Santa Cruz at Big Basin State Park (831-338-8860) or many others thru ParkNet (800-444-7275).

salsashark
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Figured w/ a couple days to go, I'd throw a bump on this thread.

Anyone wanna meet up for Dinner in Monterey? PM me and we can exchange contact info.

asp_125
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM
PM incoming.

:woot: :up: Possibly meet up on Cannery Row, grab a bite (Bubba Gumps?) and then ogle at the bikes and crowds on bike night.

Any suggestions for good food places on Cannery Row?

vort3xr6
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'll be there! Can't say I will be sober enough to meet up but let me know! General admission with a cooler filled with 3 30 packs.

BC14
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:45 PM
We should be able to get a CSC dinner thing going. That'd be pretty cool.

salsashark
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'll be there! Can't say I will be sober enough to meet up but let me know! General admission with a cooler filled with 3 30 packs.

You are aware this isn't a NASCAR race, right? :lol: I keed, I keed...

We should be able to get a CSC dinner thing going. That'd be pretty cool.

I'd be down.

http://www.canneryrow.com/merchant-list.php#dining

vort3xr6
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Me and my buddies will be down on Cannery row saturday night. Possibly friday night too but we will see. I would be down for meeting for drinks.

salsashark
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Race Night on the Row is Saturday...

I'm interested to see how it compares to Saturday in Indy last year for the GP.

BC14
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
PM incoming.

:woot: :up: Possibly meet up on Cannery Row, grab a bite (Bubba Gumps?) and then ogle at the bikes and crowds on bike night.

Any suggestions for good food places on Cannery Row?
Sounds good to me :D

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Race Night on the Row is Saturday...

I'm interested to see how it compares to Saturday in Indy last year for the GP.
You'll definitely hafta let us know! Laguna just didn't look to have the crowds last year on TV that we saw in Indy...
Just color me all shades of green Salsa, really wish I could join you guys again. Lots of pics please! :)

salsashark
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Charging up the camera batteries now...

asp_125
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Loading bikes on the trailer today! :D

aerofaze
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Oooo, you people have fun. Take a few extra days and do all the fun and scenic rides out there!!

Photos, please.

BC14
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Oooo, you people have fun. Take a few extra days and do all the fun and scenic rides out there!!

Photos, please.
That's the idea :D

Nvr2late
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Loading bikes on the trailer today! :D

Triumph loaded last night, thanks for letting us borrow your ramp. The land yacht and gixxer go in the trailer tonight......so excited to get on the road.

BC14
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Triumph loaded last night, thanks for letting us borrow your ramp. The land yacht and gixxer go in the trailer tonight......so excited to get on the road.
I hope the U.S.S. Enterprise doesn't go through the floor :p

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I'll be at Laguna St. Vrain on Saturday. Ya'll have fun!

vort3xr6
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Anybody gonna be in Orange county on thursday that could pick my ass up from the airport? My ride bailed.

asp_125
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Anybody gonna be in Orange county on thursday that could pick my ass up from the airport? My ride bailed.

Quick, rent a bike!! OC? Can you catch a connecting flight to San Jose?

tecknojoe
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
packing now, am excite!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hope all who are going have a great and safe trip!

vort3xr6
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Found a ride. Buddies are leaving a bike at the airport for me!!! Awesome!

tecknojoe
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Oh shit! http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Kenny+Roberts+to+ride+all+three+days

asp_125
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh shit! http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Kenny+Roberts+to+ride+all+three+days

Yes, King Kenny! :up:

Lunchtime parade laps at controlled speeds. Like, but at $75 .. not enough to warrant gearing up midday. I'd rather do a track day or school if I'm gonna play at Laguna Seca.