PDA

View Full Version : PCIII and TPS

Valguard
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Got a quick question! I just installed my PCIII last night and I'm now getting an incorrect reading for the TPS. The bike is saying that it is set to high. It was fine just prior to installing the PCIII. I have not set the TPS on the PCIII yet. So my question is, do I need to set the TPS on the bike first or the PCIII?

It seems to me I need to set it on the bike first. I'm just not sure how it got changed just by installing the PCIII. Maybe I just knocked it around by accident?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Did you load the PCIII software on your computer and hook it up the PCIII yet? Under Tools it should have a throttle position reset selection to sync the PCIII and TPS to 0% throttle as base.

Valguard
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Yea, I loaded it up on the comp, uploaded my map, hooked it all up to the bike, and had the bike running. Then, I hooked the laptop up to the PCIII on the bike and started it up. All looks good. The Throttle % box on the PCIII is doing its thing and its all running. I did not set the TPS setting on the PC software yet.

My bikes (gsxr 600 K7) TPS sensor says it's "off center" according to the display on the bike when you put it in dealer mode. So, do I need to adjust the TPS on the bike before I set the TPS in the PC software? Or do I just need to set the TPS in the PC software and not worry about the bike TPS setting?

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
was it throwing an error code prior to installing the PC?

Valguard
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM
nope. I think the TPS sensor just got knocked around when I was trying to install the PCIII. I just went out there and put pressure on the back of the sensor, trying to movie it a nanometer or so, and it seems to have done the trick. The display is now giving the correct reading (man those things are sensitive). Anyway, after I got that set I went ahead and did the TP adjustment in the PC software. So, all is good.

Kinda a different topic... but do people ever adjust the TP settings in PCIII to get a more sensitive throttle? Seems like you could do a lot with all the settings in the PC software.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Looks all good now. Ill take it out later today and see how she runs. :]

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Kinda a different topic... but do people ever adjust the TP settings in PCIII to get a more sensitive throttle? Seems like you could do a lot with all the settings in the PC software.

sensitive how?

Valguard
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, I figure if you can tell the PC what WOT is, you could tell it that 90% throttle is actually 100%. So, your throttle response would be more sensitive throughout the throttle range. Zero throttle is still zero, and now 90% throttle is 100%. You would just be squeezing the throttle curve into a smaller range. Right? So, essentially, a little flick of your wrist could be WOT. Right? Maybe? I don't know.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Getting the thing mapped correctly should be your priority since the downloadable maps are usually a little fat. That will give you better throttle response.

you would want one of these for what your trying to accomplish- http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=E80061

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/images/400web/euroracing/er_80061.jpg

Valguard
Mon Mar 14th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the info. :]